4.0 out of 5 stars Amos' overflowing garden - a sensual, soft-focus epic
Tori Amos was one of the most successful and significant singer-songwriters of the 1990s, and perhaps the finest female singer-songwriter since Joni Mitchell. However, her early albums, which were semi-confessional, bloodletting, emotional epics of intense drama have tended to cast her eternally as angst-ridden or fiery. Which makes subtle works like 2002's Scarlet's Walk...
Published on 11 April 2007 by M.B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Tori...
With every will in the world I wanted to love this album, I really needed this album; I've tried, and tried again, but, as with Scarlet's Walk and Strange Little Girls, I hate to say it, but I'm bored. Tori Amos does emotion like no other - she took off Kate Bush's mantle and shook it to a new level, innovative, exciting, demanding. I worry for anyone who is introduced to...
Published on 3 Mar. 2005 by DBT

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 July 2014
ok

5.0 out of 5 stars she just keeps surprising you FABTASTIC MORE MORE !!, 15 Feb. 2005
iancooper (manchester(UK)) - See all my reviews
her best yet i heard its a carry on from scarlets walk but it sounds all different and tori has done anouther greate album of beauty exsperimental haunting story telling , buy this NOW !!

2.0 out of 5 stars losing interest, 1 April 2005
By A Customer
I never thought i would say it but... I think that I am losing interest in Tori Amos. I was so excited about The Beekeper I was thinking perhaps we would be hearing more songs like "in the sprintime of his voodoo" and "way down" but intsead "IRELAND" is unleashed upon us, which is probably on of the worst songs i have ever heard bu tori.... by anyone...it sounds like something off my casio keyboard..... not to mention the wet behingd the ears "ribbons undone" followed by an attempt at beat-boxing on cars and guitars the verse of which sounds not to dissimilar to Cat Stevens' "father and son" but is saved by the chorus which is reminiscent of "nortern lad".
There are however some great songs, such as "origional sinsuality", "mary's of the sea" and "witness" this is more like it, but its not enough to carry the album. I think there is a lack of focus and the album just wanders between different styles. In general the album does not grab your attention like previous albums (mainly the first four) the drive and the passion seem to have gone. I think everyone understands the reasons and I guess it's just one of those things that once you've peaked theres no where else to go.
The only hope is that after offering something as over produced and almost cheesy at times as The Beekeeper that Tori will go back to her roots. Lets face it all Tori Amos fans want to see is her solo at the piano... it worked before i am sure it will work again... it what she is best at...I just hope that it's not to late.
On watching the dvd i just lost ineterest even more it is nice to see her speaking about her songs in that dreamy way she does but the photo shoots? who cares? it just seems as though sony are more interested in her image than her music.
Garlands, which appears on the dvd is lovely is accompanied with a story about it written in naff italic font and also features flowers opening and ruins the enjoyment of hearing just tori and the piano......but maybe Garlands should have replaced Ireland, ribbons undone and cars and guitars, thus making the album shorter and more pleaurable to the ear.
I look foward to her next album... loose the concepts Perhaps the band and forget this slick glossy production best suited to dido and sarah maclachlan.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this album., 24 Jun. 2005
This review is from: The Beekeeper (Audio CD)
For those of you who thought that to Venus and Back was all filler and no thriller and that Strange Little Girls was nothing better than a karaoke album, then this isn't an album for you. Tori, I fear, has finally let the money go to her head and lost the ability to give a damn about the music or the fans. The only stand out track on there is "The Power of Orange Knickers" in which she duets with Damien Rice, reminiscent of Trent Reznor doing backing vocals on "Past the Mission".
What is insult to injury is the unmitigated slush of Jamaican Inn, with lyrics like "the sexiest thing is trust". What is the need to subject fans of her work from the start to crap like this? i remember Tori at her rawest, most emotional and dynamic. I mean, I loved Scarlet's Walk - i thought it was Tori going back on the way up, but this is a joke gone badly wrong - as bad as when Jewel sold out to become a pop singer. I feel like I cannot connect to the singer anymore, and that like all of my heroes never knew when to quit before they became a disappointment.
The sad thing is that there are so many Tori fans willing to let this slide and give it a 5 star rating, just out of sheer loyalty to the artist. this is not the way to go. I mean, who is Tori kidding? she's supposed to be making a CD not a slushy, which is effectively what she has done.

5.0 out of 5 stars ...., 17 Oct. 2005
This review is from: The Beekeeper (Audio CD)
this seems a subtle album , i like it. the beekeeper track has a lot of depth to it. i like that too.

The Beekeeper
The Beekeeper by Tori Amos (Audio CD - 2005)