4.0 out of 5 stars OK
Published on 8 Mar 2007 by Ms. Pym Stuart Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, then stops, then works again, then ....
Published on 4 Jun 2007 by L. Burgess

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 8 Mar 2007
This review is from: Netgear WG111T 108Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter (Electronics)
This adapter came with my Netgear DG834GT router, and is ok. The speeds are good, and as I use it for my laptop, the size is good too. One problem is the software takes ages to load at startup, especially when resuming from standby or hibernation. Also, the DG834GT is 108mbps enabled, and I have even set the mode to 'Auto 108mbps', but the software still says the speed is 54mbps. I wish I knew why this is so. Anyway, it is small, light, well designed and does the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 18 Mar 2006
Daz (Stroud, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these for my 2 PC's, one using WindowsXP and the other on Windows 98, essentially to share an internet connection between the 2 computers and I'm glad to say it works fine.

Connected up and installed with no real problems, signal strength is good from a range of about 10 metres through an internal wall. It picked up neighbours' networks too so I would advise turning on the 128bit security option to prevent outsiders connecting to you. I used the software and drivers from the Netgear website as opposed the ones on the supplied CD. The manual on the CD walks you through the networking process quite well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does work with Windows ME, 1 Jun 2005
one of the reviewers below has said this product won't work on Windows ME but this is not the case - there is a driver on the Netgear website for Windows 98/ME. Don't use the installation CD that comes with the product if you have these operating systems.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, then stops, then works again, then ...., 4 Jun 2007
L. Burgess "l_eeburgess" (Bristol, Avon UK) - See all my reviews
I have been using this in conjunction with a Netgear WGT624v3 router, both work fine if I browse the internet and do small downloads. However I have had serious problems when downloading large files. The connection will stop completely at random intervals, stopping the downloads meaning I have to restart them again and again. I used to blame the router for this and unplug it for a few minutes, then plug it back in. However on one occasion I checked the wireless connection on another PC in my house, using a BT voyager USB adapter, and it was still on the network, even though my PC with the Netgear adapter was no longer online. It seems that the adapter has serious problems with prolonged downloads. It also gets very hot and the LED is way too bright, lighting up my whole room at night, my solution has been to stick some blu tack over the LED.

My advice would be that if you just want to browse the internet it should be okay, but for downloading just forget it.

Sadly my experience with both the Netgear adapter and router have been less than satisfactory and I will probably not buy Netgear in future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Potential cause of freezing with AMD Devices, 4 May 2006
M. T. Cook "cookie" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I discovered after installing the WG111T plus WG624 router that my PC froze completely at random intervals, but often only after a few minutes. Each time a reboot was required to resolve this. A search on the web revealed multiple discussion groups suggesting that there are incompatibilities between these devices and any PC with AMD/Via chipsets. This is not stated on the manufacturers compatibility list, and it would appear that Netgear have not acknowledged this long-standing problem. Beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars Reliability problems, 12 Jan 2008
A. Patel (UK) - See all my reviews
Having bought the product and connecting it to my new Vista Quad Core system I started to test it. For normal web browsing the adaptor works without a problem, then I decided to download a 200MB game Demo - PROBLEMS! The adaptor just stopped working. I disconnected it from the PC and back again - started to work. However. within minuted I was facing the same problem. This has continued to happen. The device gets very hot and I think this is the problem. I've sinced looked at Netgear's forums and lots of users are reporting problems like this.

Product has an inherrant reliability problems - save you money and buy Linksys!

4.0 out of 5 stars XP user, 19 May 2005
Works well with no problems after downloading the latest software from Netgear. Bought for use with Netgear DG834GT 108Mbps Wireless ADSL Modem Firewall Router with 4-port 10/100 switch. Although both products boast 108Mbps I get only 54Mbps on the machine with the USB adapter in a room 1 floor above the Router with 3 internal walls, and the reception is shown as "Good".

5.0 out of 5 stars wireless usb adaptor, 9 Aug 2005
By A Customer
came free with router package.cheapest package around.opted for this rather than lap top card mainly due to the fact that you can also use it on a desk top. no problems at all currently using it on a lap top.

1.0 out of 5 stars nightmare, 23 Feb 2009
This is a truly awful product. It just does not work. Constantly disconnecting. The only thing worse than the product is Netgear support who made the following suggestions:

It is a problem with windows.
Reinstall windows.
Downgrade to XP SP2 as it has problems with SP3.
Install it on a different computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this product is very unreliable!, 21 April 2008
I have soldiered on trying to get a stable connection on my desktop PC using this product and a Netgear DG834GT router for months, as I was unsure what causing the connection to fall over. Sometimes it fell over in minutes, sometimes in hours, but each time required me to switch the PC off completely and restart. The Netgear Helpdesk were not very helpful, and their suggested fixes and those suggested on this forum did not solve the problem. After recently purchasing a new laptop, it became apparent that the router is fine, and the WG111T USB Adapter is the problem. I now have an Edimax EW-7318USG Wireless USB LAN Adapter 4dBi Antenna, 802.11b.g 54Mbps installed, and although not the fastest, it is very stable (so far!) In fairness, I never got more than 54 Mbps out of the Netgear adapter anyway... Beware - this product is very unreliable!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›