5.0 out of 5 stars Great value

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not buy from Microvillage again
Published on 12 Jan. 2008 by Scott L. Middleton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 Jun. 2008
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
Does exactly what you want it to. Of course this is NOT a voltage converter, it merely changes the physical plug from US to UK. As such, the voltage on your American item needs to support the UK 240v. Please ignore the bad reviews of this product, they are from people too stupid to realize this and who plugged an American 115v product into a UK 240v socket, thus blowing fuses. This converter has no 'voltage' of its own.

If your product doesn't support 240v then you need a voltage converter, not just a socket converter.

My Zune charger supports 100v-240v, so this works just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive solution, 25 Feb. 2011
R. V. Harris (UK West Country) - See all my reviews
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
An excellent well made product at a very good price. It is necessary to realise that this is only an adapter, it just enables the American style pins to fit a UK socket. It doesn't produce the 110V that is used in America. However a lot of small electronic devices, phones, iPads etc come with charging adapters that cover the full voltage range 110V-240V and this travel adapter is well suited for use with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a good price, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
This US to UK adaptor is a great buy for items purchased in the states, what makes it unique is the flat face to the plug, most USA articles have protruding edges making adaptors with raised rings inpractical. The flat face of this adaptor allows items to easily be fitted, looking around several stores they are charging approximately ten times the price and that is for adaptors with raised rings around them. This product is highly recommended with excellent delivery.

Bad Penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adaptor & K.K. Electronics, 7 Sept. 2010
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
After reading the reviews it seemed that whether or not you were satisfied with the product was wholly dependent on the seller. So this is a review for both seller and product. I decided to go with K.K. Electronics, because at 50,000+ reviews to still have a score of 98% they must be doing something right. Plus whilst not the cheapest, they were still in the middle range of prices. The item arrived well packaged, quickly, it was new and by Design Go (to me, a recognisable brand).

The adaptor worked perfectly, but then I'd already checked that the camera charger I was plugging into it, could take the UK 240v. The two US pins also fit correctly into the back of the adaptor. Overall an excellent product from an excellent seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars US to UK Plug, 22 Sept. 2012
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
I ordered this plug to use with my US bought Dell laptop. I was nervous as to whether it would work/fit the unit. I was nervous as to whether the laptop would work! I need not have worried. It worked perfectly...as did the plug. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel Adapter, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
I had bought an IPad in America so needed this adapter which so far has been very good would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars US to UK adapter, 3 Mar. 2012
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
As mentioned in my previous review which covered both the Canon Battery charger and the adapter which was necessary as the charger came with US pins instead of UK (why?). The adapter I received does not look lke the one which has just come up with the request for review, it has the UK 3 pin on the back to plug into the wall socket but on the front there are four openings. Two circular one above the other in the middle(the upper one also has a notch at the top). The other two are also circular but with a curved notch on the inner edge of the circle which leads me to believe this is an adapter for more types of plug than the US alone which is what I wanted. The problem I have is the US pins on my charger cannot go into the adapter as there is a piece of plastic blocking the hole. The screws which hold it together are not a sort I have ever seen before. They resemble the 3 legged insignia on th Isle of Man flag i.e there are three points to the screws(not flat headed or Philips or Pozidrive). Can anyone out there assist me with an identification of the screws so I can undo them and start using this product? Any help appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Item from K.K.Electronics is fine., 29 Mar. 2008
GlassRat (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
I bought 4-off of the US to UK adaptors from KK Electronics. These are quality items, and came packaged as per the item pictured. Ordered on Thursday and they arrived 2 days later. Very happy with item and service. WRT the comment on shipping costs - these items don't cost 1p, but Amazon restricts third party sellers on the shipping costs they can charge, so the sellers reduce the item cost to a minimal amount such that the total cost is representative of the actual cost of the shipped item. More often than not (but not in this case) they are competing with Amazon itself, as you can't get the free super saver shipping with third party sellers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not buy from Microvillage again, 12 Jan. 2008
Scott L. Middleton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
First of all it took nearly a week to arrive rather than the 1-2 days. Then when it did arrive I got a small padded envelope, with the postage costs of £1.09 clearly visable on it - so what the £4.50 covers I have no idea - apart from a massive mark up and rip off. Then when I open the package I get the most totally cheap, tacky, unsafe looking adapter you have ever seen. Nothing like the image you can see on amazon for an US to UK adapter - this is some cheap Chinese or similar knock off. I'm not sure it's even safe to use looking at it - it looks like something out of the 50's! I cannot even tell if it's brand new as it had no packaging. Heck, I'm not even sure if it's a legal to use product and whether it passes UK laws. A totally shoddy experience indeed. I doubt I'll chase up the seller and demand a refund as it is an adapter, so he's advertised it 'correctly' but I'd advise buying a proper adapter elsewhere that in the advent of a problem you may have some comeback with. Aviod, Avoid, Avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoyed, 16 Feb. 2009
This review is from: US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor (Apparel)
First off I purchased this product with the understanding that it would look like the photo. It does not. I can't even get my two prong US plug to fit into it.

Will not be buying from here again.

US to UK Plug Travel Adaptor