5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!!!!
I was certainly not let down when I bought this dvd, every part of my body ached the next day which is a good sign as it means it's a great all over workout. It is high impact with even the warm up being quite energetic but the cool down at the end winds you down properly and is not rushed.
This is better than most dance dvd's as you really do get a good workout for...
Published on 23 Feb. 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners!
Although I am sure this would be good if you have used workout dvd's before I dont think its that usefull for complete beginners! The moves are complicated and takes a bit of time to get the hang of. They tend to move from one move straight to the next! If you are up for a challenge then this is the one for you but would recommend one of carmen electra's dvd's if you...
Published on 24 Aug. 2006 by D. ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!!!!, 23 Feb. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout [DVD] (DVD)
This is better than most dance dvd's as you really do get a good workout for muscles and for cardio, although if you're not a dancer or very good with co-ordination some of the steps might seem quite difficult, but it is well worth persevering with as it so much fun. The soundtrack is fantastic and upbeat and Deanne Berry is a brilliant instructor and is very positive without being naff!
Overall I love this dvd, and highly recommend it, it's hard work but fun and you certainly get your moneys worth out of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars still the best exercise dvd out there!!, 14 Jan. 2007
I've owned this fitness DVD since it first came out in Dec 2004 and 2 years down the line I am still using it. Like a lot of people I wouldn't be seen dead at a gym and I have to be honest and say that I only really bought it because I liked the 'Call on Me' song when it was out and i was needing a bit of an exercise regime. At first it takes a couple of go's before you can truely master the routines but even now I still whip it out and have a go when the need feels me and I've never tired of it!

Deanne and the girls (and honorary bloke) are pretty genuine all the way through and you really feel like you are doing it along side them instead of in front of the telly and you are always encouraged to carry on. I also bought the 2nd and 3rd offerings that the Ministry of Sound brought out, and although they are good workouts, I still tend to favour this one most times and use the others for a bit of a change.

All in all, for an all-round exercise DVD this is this best one out there...its got a good soundtrack to boot and no annoying ex-big brother contestant or ex-coronation street has-been who you look at in a magazine the next day and see they have put on about 2 stone!!!! BUY IT!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars pump it up, 14 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
This is a great dvd it really gets you moving and the music is great. Ive bought many fitness videos and dvds in the past but this has got to be the best yet. Its really motivational and really makes you work hard. I wouldn't recommend it if you are not used to exercise at all as you need alot of energy to do this. Although this i s a great dvd, the only downfall i found was it wasn't explained very well when it came to doing some of the moves. I also think they could have shown you in a bit more detail how to do them. You do eventually pick up the moves, and i enjoyed the workout alot more then and had fun doing it. Ive not seen any differance yet as to weight loss as i have only used this dvd 4 times and only had it a week. But im sure the weight will soon fall off and i'll be more toned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant workout, 6 Sept. 2006
I bought this workout dvd a few weeks ago and it was money well spent. Even though the workout is quite challenging (especially the 'Pump it up' part) it is also great fun. The instructor keeps you motivated throughout the workout and the music is good as well. I bought this dvd to lose some weight and tone my body and it really seems to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fitness Video – Exhausting, Fun and Sexy, 30 Jan. 2006
Veronica (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this video because I liked the ‘Call on Me’ song and video and wanted to find an exercise DVD that had great music and great moves! In many exercise videos there is hideous music that you’ve never heard before playing in the background because the makers can’t afford to get ‘proper’ songs, but on this DVD there are loads of energetic, recognisable, upbeat dance songs that really motivate you.
The instructor, Deanne Berry, has a warm style and a lovely Australian accent. She doesn’t talk you through the moves before you do them but in the long run this is best because when you’re doing the DVD for the twentieth time you don’t have to wait while every single move is explained. All the dancers are dressed in skimpy workout clothes, which is inspiring and fun to watch in a very tongue in cheek TMF / MTV kind of way. The one bloke is very sexy (in a dark and broody kind of way) and wears some funny vibrant green shorts!
The exercises are of very high quality and I’m sure you’ll see results if you practise this regularly. The sections are:
1) 10 min warm-up – very good and pretty standard for this kind of thing
2) 20 min dance section – exhausting and fun, rather like an aerobics class with dance moves thrown in (including salsa!), amazing music, some moves are hard to pick up but each time you do the DVD you get better at it which is really motivating
3) 20 min hi-energy dance section – very fast, looks good, excellent music, but I’m not fit enough to get through it yet straight after the previous section because it is so exhausting
4) 10 mins bums and tums – pretty standard, press-ups and sit-ups are a killer (and I don’t even do half of them!)
5) 15 min cool down – overlong for a cool down, but the music is very good
Overall, the DVD is fun, exhausting and sexy. I really feel good while doing it, despite the fact that I’ve never done any dancing before. This DVD is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of fun because it includes super music (my favourite tracks are Pump it Up and Call on Me) and the dancers all look like they’re having a great time. Yes, some of the moves are hard to pick up if you’re not a natural dancer (like me), but after several tries I’m now much better at it and can do 90% of them. I actually like the fact that I still have more moves to learn because it makes doing the DVD that much more interesting and it keeps me on my toes!
I recommend this DVD to people who are reasonably fit, like commercial dance music, want to really sweat, and are motivated by watching a lot of very slim dancers strut their stuff in tiny outfits (rather than annoyed).

5.0 out of 5 stars The most effective workout video, 8 Sept. 2006
S. Sehmi "simmi" (Bromley, Kent) - See all my reviews
I decided to get fit after putting on about a stone when I was out of work. Tried machines, gyms, pilates and nothing kept my interest. This workout is fantastic. It took a few goes to get the hang of the moves but after a few sessions, I could feel my waist and bingo-wings trimming up and a reduction in muffin-tops! It's fab for fat-burning but better still, you learn some basic salsa moves and dance steps. The only down-side is that it is 1.5 hours and although it comes in sections, you only feel like you have worked up a real sweat if you do them all. But overall, the best exercise vid I have ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasantly surprised., 9 Jan. 2005
I am very impressed with the DVD. It is a very good workout set to club style music. It is like a proper aerobics class.
When I bought it I was half expecting to be so unimpressed that I would have to return it in disgust, as I had a feeling it would be designed mostly as a novelty DVD to titillate, rather than a serious fitness DVD. It is designed to be sexy, but it is done in a fun way and does not detract from the workout (quite a few hip thrusting movements and a few shimmies in a low cut top, but you can really feel it working!)
The workout is split into sections so you can choose which ones you do- at the moment I am pretty unfit so I was unable to do the high energy section, but I did the normal aerobic section. The moves are easy to pick up, and the workout is physically demanding whilst still being fun to do. The music is suitably energetic to suit the programme, unlike other dvds I've seen.
I recommend it highly, especially if you like club music, and have found other fitness dvds too slow, boring, complicated or not demanding enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!, 22 Jun. 2007
This is definately not one for people who have no co-ordination! the dance moves are hard to get the hang of to start with, but once u get it its really fun!

Its a great workout, but it takes some stamina to keep up with it! Just expect to have some achy muscles afterwards!

Overall i would say this is one of the most fun workouts i have done! And once you get hang of it its very beneficial

The only bad point is that there is a bit too much lycra in it for my liking!

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best fitness videos i've seen..., 1 Jan. 2005
Well, this is the time of year again when most people tend to buy a fitness video or two. I was attracted to this one due to the aerobic/dance based description of it, and I wasn't disappointed. The music is very good, and also very up to date. I was surprised at how recent - even new - some of the songs were. There are different sections to the video, and you can do it all the way through for the best results, or just choose certain sections due to the amount of time you have. The moves aren't too complicated, and after a couple of tries, you will have no problem! Overall, I was very impressed with this workout, and will continue with it. Well worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 4 Feb. 2005
By A Customer
I bought this DVD in the new year rush, in an attempt to get a bit fitter. When I first saw it advertised on TV, I laughed at it as I thought it would be yet another con celeb fitness video. But then I looked at all the positive reviews on Amazon and decided to give it a go.
I have to say I really enjoy it and it is a really good workout. It is split into 4 (I think) 20 minute sections, so you can do as much or as little as you want.
I'm not a big dance music fan, but you don't really have to be because all the music used is kept at quite a low background level. I think some of the moves will take a few goes to get right, as I presently have the dance grace of an elephant, but it's fun. Throughout the DVD they try to get you to be a bit sexy , which again will take some time to achieve, but I enjoy the DVD so much I'm prepared to give it time. I'm sure the dancer's grace will come?????

Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout [DVD]