5.0 out of 5 stars the best of blue
when i saw this i thought "Oh, My, God!" and immediately i was very excited and HAD to pre-order this game!!!! I'm only 18 and after fishing out my old Sega Mega Drive and Sonic Comics i became very nostalgic! ahhh the good ol' days!!
Published on 20 Jan 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars buggy
maybe it too old but this is buggy as hell, my grandkids cant use it its freezes throughout the games and they are all short demos. Very disappointed
Published 8 months ago by Julie Rice

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Sonic da Hedgehog, 19 Feb 2005
C. A. Richards (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) (Video Game)
With Sonic Mega Collection Plus, you are given the chance to travel back in time to the early 90s, and by God, it's one hell of a trip. I can remember spending hours in my room every day playing Sonic on my Megadrive, but I can also remember selling the thing to some random person along with all the cool Sonic games too. Now, in the year 2005, I'm enjoying new and exciting games like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Jak 3, but I still wish that just for one moment I could relive those old classics. And now, thanks to Sega, I can, with Sonic Mega Collection Plus. There's only one word for this game and that's "awesome". All the Sonic games still hold up very well, graphically and in terms of gameplay, which is rather refreshing. There are also some hidden gems, like the impossibly addictive Mean Bean Machine, a Tetris-style puzzler, and Sonic Spinball, a pinball-type game starring the blue 'hog. There are plenty of extras too, such as comic books and art work of various Sonic characters. And Sega have been kind enough to include a bunch of non-Sonic games that can be unlocked too, so there should be something for everyone here. Unfortunately, Sega neglected to include Sonic CD (a game I never actually played, but would have liked too) and that other one starring Knuckles, and the Game Gear games included aren't really worthy of a mention. Why, for example, would you want to play Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine on the Game Gear with its inferior graphics and gameplay, when you could just play the superior Megadrive version instead? However, the pros of owning a Sonic Mega Collection far outweigh the cons, and it's not as if anyone is actually forcing you to play the Game Gear games. What's important here is that you have a chance to revisit the days of your youth, or if you're discovering these classics for the first time, the opportunity to see what all the fuss is about.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best of blue, 20 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) (Video Game)
I certainly agree that kids SHOULD play these gaming classics as they are absolutely BRILLIANT!!! And believe me, i am very VERY thankful that the most fantastic game of the 90's is on the 21st century's best platform: the PS2. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! Buy this WITHOUT hesitation!!!
P.S. The best games in order are:
1. Sonic & Knuckles
2. Sonic 3
3. Sonic 2
4. Sonic 1
They are all brill but Sonic & Knuckles is great. Plus tails can fly hehehehehe

5.0 out of 5 stars "It's about time !!!!!!", 18 Jan 2005
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) (Video Game)
It really is about time to introduce some of the greatest games ever made, to young children. These days kids think a platformer is someting like ratchet and clank (good game though) but it isn't SONIC is a true blue platformer. I own all the sonic games on the mega drive and I still play them but I will still buy this when it comes out, as my mega drive is a old and a bit broken (still works just not always) I urge anyone doesn't matter who you are buy it as you will love it. the lock on bit of the game sounds good actually playing sonic 2 or 3 as knuckles allows you to find extra areas and lives. this really is a game for people who have never played sonic befor and for the veterans of video games it really is worth getting. BUY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic games from a classic era, 6 Feb 2005
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) (Video Game)
Sega have released this collection of games from when computer games were made for playability rather than graphical content. You automatically have access to Sonic 1-3 and Sonic and Knuckles for the Mega Drive and the Game Gear games also. The extra games such as Sonic 3 and Knuckles are unlocked when you complete games. Also included are movies, illustrations and all covers for Sonic Comics. The original manuals are also included on the disc. An excellent collection to introduce people to classic games or for older gamers to recollect. Please note that you need a lot of free memory card space - about 1/4mb per game is required for saving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ohhhhh myyyyy GOD!, 8 Feb 2005
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) (Video Game)
I was shopping in town when I first saw this and i nearly exploded! It's about time that Sega brought the Megadrive Sonics to Playstation 2. I mean, Sonic Heroes was great but the true kings of Sonic are Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Sonic and Knuckles. Amazingly this contains gamegear games, which are also great! It's about time that kiddies find that the true platform game is not a 3D adventure but the 2D sidescroller that is Sonic the Hedgehog! So go on, order this game and live the life that we have missed, since the days of the Good old Megadrive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic Mega Collection, 8 April 2005
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) (Video Game)
Sonic is perfect. Or near perfect. Even if you didnt play sonic when it debuted on sega you could still enjoy this. There are seven main sonic games on the one disc including the first and second sonic games and sonic and knuckles. In all you can unlock about fifteen - twenty games. My favourite game is sonic the hedgehog 2, but 1, 3, and sonic and knuckles are also good. I never played sonic 3 and I personally dont play it much now. It keeps all the original graphics from the original games, and the controls are very easy. Also there is the original soundtrack, everything is just like before. It is cheap considering it has about 20 games on it. I bought it for 27.99 or something around that price. Overall I give the game 9.9 / 10 it is great stuff. If you wre a sonic fan and want to bring all the memories back, buy this. (other games include sonic spinball, 3d flicky island, and many of the gamegear sonic games such as sonic chaos, sonic blast and sonic drift.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure amazing!, 4 Mar 2005
Mr. R. Hamper "Duke Dudeston" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) (Video Game)
I bought Sonic Mega Collection on the GameCube when it first came out, in fact it was the reason I really bought my cube. (next to other things) and to play all these games again (although I could just press the power button on my megadrive) was a good thing! but seeing these Mega Drive classics on a console other then the megadrive is a bit of a wierd feeling for me and most sega fans. But they still shine.
And the PS2 and XBOX getting all these other games as well people think that I am gutted, which I say, not at all because 1, I own almost all those games in their original cartridge form. and 2, the other Master System / GameGear games have been included in Sonic Adventure DX for the cube anyway.
but anyway the best thing to do (if it has the same unlocking feature as the cube does) is try to unlock the bext invention sega used for a games console, which is the Sonic & Knuckles lock-on cart, but of course you will have to unlock the "Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic 3" this is the best ever! giving you different routes through the levels + more of them, depending who you are, and now you have 14 Emeralds to collect instead of the usual 7! and this game was the first game to debut 'Super Tails'! I don't think 'super tails' has appeard in anyother game since.
The one thing that I am pretty glad that this and all of the other Mega Collections are missing, is the greatest game the MegaCD ever saw... Sonic CD, this was one amazing game that every sonic fan shouldn't be without, the travling through time periods, 3D special levels, amazing 'techno' soundtrack, and packed out with detailed levels and characters with the addition of some amazing FMV sequences! it is a shame and also a good thing that it never got released on the PS2, XBOX or GameCube. I don't know if it was intentional that they didn't or just that the consoles can't emulate the MegaCD (I heard the GameCube version was supposed to have it, but due to complications with MegaCD emulation it got rubbed).
Either way these games will have you satisfied for days on end, These are from the decade when 3D was starting to appear in some games, and it made game developers have to push the 2D realm to make it look '3D'.
You won't get games like this anymore... which is why they will just re-release them to show you, it is gameplay that matters not graphics...

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) (Video Game)
Amazing game! loved all the games on here. Reminds me of my child hood! Well worth the money!!! really happy

2.0 out of 5 stars buggy, 17 Nov 2013
Julie Rice (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic Forever, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) (Video Game)
Oh Sonic, will I ever get bored of you? This disk includes all the old Sega games you might expect, and the highlight, in my opinion, is Sonic & Knuckles. It's a classic and it's so much FUN. Gaming should be fun, right? It's pure escapism. If you're nostalgic for the 90s, this game will suit you well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Sonic Mega Collection (PS2)
Sonic Mega Collection (PS2) by Sega (PlayStation2)
10.66