5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pro Headphones I've ever bought.
Published on 2 Oct 2007 by Francois Fortier

2.0 out of 5 stars Intermittent fault in one phone.
These were fine sounding headphones but had an intermittent fault in the left phone. Meaning that every now & again sound would only come from the right hand phone.
I returned these phones as faulty & ordered the 80 ohm version which have worked perfectly so far.
Published 13 months ago by Roy Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pro Headphones I've ever bought., 2 Oct 2007
This review is from: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM (Electronics)
As a professional producer and presenter/broadcaster, I have been using DT 770 pros since 1998. I love these headphones, the sound is awesome, the bass response is phenomenal and you can wear them all day long without any ear fatigue. I liked them so much I got rid of all the DT 100 and DT 150 my guests would wear and made sure they all had these. AS with all Beyerdynmaics headphones you can replace parts as they wear.

If you serious about studio and live sound quality you should try these headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible performance, 13 Dec 2008
Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM

I bought these headphones to assist me with video editing/monitoring and for general listening.

I'd first heard them after my friend, a DJ/Producer, recommended their performance.

I was floored. They're the most comfortable objects I've ever put on my head, including all the hats I've worn!

The clarity and range is absolutely phenomenal. The bass is rich and the mid and highs are just so crisp. I've rediscovered new albums, with great pleasure. They're exceptionally well built and designed, with comfort in mind.

The headphones come with an adapter for the larger 1/4" inputs, gold plated of course. The cord is coiled and very neat.

A worthwhile addition to the set-up of anyone who works with sound, or has high expectations of how their music should be heard.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC EQUIPMENT, 1 Feb 2010
This review is from: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM (Electronics)
To start with let me say I am not a professional, I don't produce and I don't work in a studio, I am just a normal person that wants to take full advantage of his ears.

Do not buy this headset if you are into boom-boom techno and stuff like that, this is not for you, they are not going to be loud enough...

Now, if you, like me, have a good/decent amplifier and want to enjoy sound to the maximum detail this is just what you need.

I do not know anything about ohms, mixing, monitoring, etc, etc, but I can tell you that the sound that comes out of this thing is just impressive. Put this on and turn the music up, but not to loud because it becomes addictive and your ear will end up paying for your bravery...the headset has no limit, your ears will explode before you hear any distorsion, understanding you are listening to good quality music and no funny bad quality recordings.

Comfort level: just amazing!!! The velvety looking ear pads are just like pillows and they are comfortable to wear for very, very long sessions, and on top of all this I wear glasses: not a problem, you just don't feel them. No matter how big your head or your ears are (and mine are pretty big) the headset will fit and completely seal your ear. You won't hear anybody else in the room and even better, nobody will hear you or at least not very much...just fantastic.

I read lots of reviews and checked lots of other choices before buying this and finally I went for this model and I am just 100% satisfied with my choice. They are a bit pricy if you were looking for a 30 pound headset but if you really care about quality you will not regreat the economical effort. For this price this is just an amazing set.

Some music I listened to with this on: Joe Satriani, Pink Floyd, lounge music, Fleetwood Mac and some classical stuff.

Hope this helps,

Alex.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine pair of cans!, 1 Jan 2012
Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM

Had these cans since 20 December. Can you believe they were delivered ten past ten that evening!! Good work Amazon Prime and Royal Mail!!

Been using them several hours every day and they just get better each time. Not sure how long the burn in should be but they sound fine to me.
The bass is tight and clean and does not overpower the other frequencies, the mids fine and the top is not too shrill. They are connected to a Fiio E10 DAC and this brings the sound out so well. Just plugging them into the PC audio output does not do them any justice.
Have been using Grado 225s for the past 3 years so the slightly closed in sound of the Beyers is quite different to the Grados but they are one fine pair of cans.
Noticed the price has jumped £20 since I bought them so even better value than ever!

Audition them, you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Subtle tones, 27 Oct 2009
This review is from: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM (Electronics)
Great headphones. Comfortable, good bass, & you hear things in your music you previously were unaware that were there.
Cuts out surrounding sound & has minimal sound leakage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headphones!, 17 Dec 2010
This review is from: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM (Electronics)
I can only agree with all the previous reviewers about the sound, built quality etc. The bottom end, particularly, is phenomenal. It's punchy, tight and very detailed. The headphones are incredibly comfortable to wear. Even after several hours you won't feel fatigue or discomfort. As for the volume: Most people commenting on the loudness of these headphones have the 250OHM version. This means that tiny headphone amplifiers like those of music players and smart phones will not have enough power to get these headphones really loud. There is now, however, an 80OHM version which I would recommend if volume is a concern for you (80OHM being less resistance so the iPod/phone etc won't have to work so hard to achieve high SPL levels).

However, on a practical note I have worn these headphones on the tube and did not have to turn my iPhone 3G up full in order to enjoy the music. Because the design is closed, covering the entire ear you won't be polluting people in public places either even if you turn the music up. Please keep in mind that these headphones were built for professional recording studios and sound stages etc where the equipment is capable of driving a 250OHM load easily. If that's not how you will use them check out the 80OHM version instead.

One thing I would like to add is that if you travel a lot you might want to check out the Sony MDR 7506 - Headphones ( ear-cup ). Whilst they are sonically not as amazing as the Beyers they still sound very good and cost £50 less.They come in a pouch and fold up easily which makes them very practical. They are my preferred choice for traveling.

5.0 out of 5 stars best i ever heard, 1 Feb 2011
This review is from: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM (Electronics)
i am over 6o and lissen to music intensive my boxes are electrostattic speakers and i heard notting better yet; my new investmend in dis headset is a surprise and will give mi menny years of plajere

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones, 16 April 2010
B. James (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM (Electronics)
I bought these mostly for listening to music, and also because I occasionally record some music, and I suspect that most consumer hi-fi headphones don't cut it for recording, where an accurate sound is more desirable than a 'nice, warm' one. Overall I'm pleased with these, but I have a couple of niggles.

The trebles are almost a little harsh on these 'phones. I find myself tweaking down the top end of the equalizer a bit. Mid ranges are clear and not too coloured.

The bass is deep and accurate, but the amount of bass you will actually hear depends very sensitively on the positioning of the 'phones over your ears. Perhaps it is the bass reflex design that causes this. I find that with the headphones slightly forward, all I hear is trebles, and too far back and the bass becomes overpowering. Constantly worrying about the right position can detract from what is otherwise a very pleasurable listening experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 1 Mar 2008
Mr. Jr Green - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM (Electronics)
As a live/studio sound engineer i rely on a decent pair of all round headphones. These are by far the best pair of headphones ive come across in a long time. Superb bass response and super comfortable.

Highly recomended

5.0 out of 5 stars The best pro headphones you "cans" get., 29 Mar 2010
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM (Electronics)
I gave these a try after a professional technician recommended them to me and I have to say I have never worn a comfier pair of headphones; it's especially important to me because I listen to music for hours on end. They are also incredibly clear, meaning you don't have to rack up the volume as loudly as you might with inferior models, and you can also hear things you can't hear with the naked ear; handy for music geeks listening for things such as the movement of a chair, opening of a door or shuffling of scoresheets, all of which I picked up through these headphones. I've listened to them plugged straight into a source as well as via a headphone amp and a guitar amp and can't fault them. Although they're expensive they are a worthwhile investment for any industry professional and also for any music lovers.