Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 December 2005
OK well if you don't have this album already then there's something wrong with you. First off, I am going to go against the majority of other reviews and say, actually, Galvanize is an awesome tune that got overplayed on Radio 1 (like most good stuff). Play it through decent speakers and crank it up and your beliefs will be reaffirmed. But yes, the best thing about this album is that the tunes get better and better. Other highlights include Left, Right and the unbelievably uplifting Close Your Eyes, with soaring lyrics provided by The Magic Numbers. Each track is so original but at the same time, it all hangs together like one delicious masterpiece.
on 8 April 2005
After floundering for the last few years in the sea of popular dance, the Chemical Brothers finaly produce an album as good as if not better than any they have made before.
With this piece of audio candy they prove once again that they are the benchmark to which all other dance acts look to.
From the ever popular "Galvanise", to the hardfloor headbasher that is "Believe", to the absolutly sublime "Surface to Air", this album puts them back at the top where they belong.
on 30 July 2007
It's strange, but I've had this for more than six months and never really played it much. Partly because I'd automatically chose Surrender and partly 'cos I was pissed off with Sony's stupid copy-control junk and it took me a while to work out how to rip for my Archos and make a copy for the car. Finally played it v loud 6 or 7 times repeatedly on a good quality system during a car journey and now I absolutely love it.

I don't understand the unpopularity of Galvanise - I think it's a great opening track & I can only think that you all heard it just too much in the UK as somebody suggested - I live in Germany and it certainly got airplay but not much - German radio has to be the worst in the world - 40 stations all playing the same 20 crap songs.

Anyway, I think the album starts well and just builds and builds beautifully until brilliant Marvo Ging and climactic Surface to Air. This is just awesome on a good system as you soar on the music and then are launched into another orbit by that awesome chord change in Surface to Air. However, I notice as I listen again on a ghetto blaster as I write this, it does lose a lot of its impact - I'm just not getting the same sensations as I got in the car. Just played it again on headphones - much better.

The only weak track is Left Right - it's a good track, but it just doesn't quite fit with the rest of the album.

I've been playing Push the Button this evening to compare with We are the Night which I've just bought. We are the Night is good but is somewhat bitty and inconsistent compared to this fantastic album. It just makes me cheer out loud everytime I hear it.
on 13 July 2013
This is big OK if your'e open to what I consider to be 'Art' music. Obviously I haven't a clue as to the genre this stuff represents, but so what? To me this is being out there and creating something . . . b....cks to everything else this is saying it to me pal.
on 21 January 2005
Got a preview copy of this and am not impressed one bit. The Chems have always had a pretty commercial side but have in the past at least balanced their albums out with some creativity and originality - not this time.
Several tracks like Believe, Hold Tight London and The Big Jump seem to have some decent elements but in each case the whole track just doesn't sound comfortable together.
Elsewhere there's some mid-afternoon cheese in the form of Close Your Eyes and some ultra-lame commerical hip-hop in the form of Left Right.
So in a pretty damning review I can't think of a single positive thing to say about this album. This is dance music for people who are not into dance music, if the last album was headed in the wrong direction, this has firmly arrived in crapsville. Really don't bother.
on 14 June 2013
Not as many memorable tunes on this one compared to 'Further' or 'Surrender' but still a great album. It's worth buying just for track 11...Surface to Air. I'm listening to it on my ipod right now as I type this review....one word....wow!!!!
on 22 February 2005
I don't recall being this into an album for a very long time. From the outset, Galvanize sets the mood and begins what is a fantastic and cohesive album. I really enjoyed the old school style of The Boxer, and the smooth transition through to Hold Tight London which is sublime and chilled. The album is quite diverse, but it all fits so well and sounds so good.
I'm struggling to see why anyone wouldn't enjoy this, let alone Chem fans.
on 26 January 2013
It was another xmas present for my sister and she was happy with this cd too, ive already got it and its a good cd.
on 28 January 2005
A more edgy, dynamic, complex, consistant, even cinematic album than the previous three. Not quite the album 'Exit Planet Dust' was, but you'll want to turn it up just as loud...
Push the play button!
on 21 February 2005
I can't believe one or two of the negative reviews I read on here. Anyway I am glad I spent my tenner and bought what, even on first play, is right up there with the very best Chem Bros output. On second, third, fourth play (you get the picture) I would be so bold as to say that it is their best album yet....