4.0 out of 5 stars Good all in one
I have been using this for nearly 2 years now and it's still going fine. The hands free works OK, so does the fax, it rings loud enough. It all works fine. No complaints at ll

I rate it!
Published on 4 Nov 2010 by Retro HiFi

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but it shows
Published on 27 May 2009 by Mr. G. Oppermans

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but it shows, 27 May 2009
Mr. G. Oppermans (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brother Fax-T106 Plain Paper Fax Machine (Electronics)
This replaces the older Brother T76 which I was happy with. The T106 is much smaller and lighter which gives more space on your desk. I choose this model mainly because it uses the same ribbon cartridge as the T76. It functions ok, but the hand set is also much smaller which I find frustrating. The biggest down side is the dreadful sound quality of the recorded outgoing message - a muffled metalic sound. This is much worse than the old one. Had I known this beforehand I would have bought something else. The incoming answerphone messages are nice and clear.
We all assume new products are going to be better - not in this case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all in one, 4 Nov 2010

I rate it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 24 July 2012
This review is from: Brother Fax-T106 Plain Paper Fax Machine (Electronics)
If your idea of a good fax is one where you have to stay and help every sheet of paper go through then this is for you. If however you would like to be more productive and start a document faxing and the leave it and do something else that look again. Also don't but a fax which uses ribbon instead of ink cartridges unless you're just a few quid behind Bill gates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother Fax T106, 18 April 2011
This review is from: Brother Fax-T106 Plain Paper Fax Machine (Electronics)
Fax received within time-frame specified. Well packaged. Fairly easy to set up and use with good instruction booklet. It replaces a previous Brother fax machine which gave good service. This replacement is more compact but does the same job efficiently and can also double as an answering machine (Although we haven't used it as such). No complaints to date and would happily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Brother Fax-T106 Plain Paper Fax Machine (Electronics)
Ordered this fax machine for me father who runs a small haulage company. After looking for some time at various machines, reading reviews, comparing prices etc this one seemed to fit the bill. I have to say this machine is fab, small and compact but very easy to set up and instructions easy to follow. The quality of faxes, photocopier etc are great and the answer machine facility is a bonus. All in all we are extremely pleased with it. Got it for a great price on Amazon and it arrived within a couple of days and was so easy to set up and use I dont know why i even considered any other!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great value phone and fax, 16 Jun 2013
E. Winter (NEAR EDINBURGH SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brother Fax-T106 Plain Paper Fax Machine (Electronics)
This is a great value ,well made phone / fax machine. very easy to use for the not so hot technically minded.
It has a very loud ring which is great in a busy workshop.It is exactly what I wanted and does the job very well thanks .

3.0 out of 5 stars Distress purchase, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Brother Fax-T106 Plain Paper Fax Machine (Electronics)
I hate fax machines. We run a hotel and it is mandatory to have a fax machine to receive booking information (too long a story) This one works, uses plain paper and the generic toner rolls you can get work OK and are fairly cheap. It is very dodgy to try and set up a separate answering machine or use 1571 if you have a fax machine despite what the instructions say and we don't have the facility to put another telephone line in (OK - too mean). This is where this unit falls down. It has a 20 second limit on your outgoing message which is such low quality that you sound like you are in a coal mine and the incoming message is also time limited and not adjustable. We tolerate it for the faxes but don't like it much

3.0 out of 5 stars fax, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Brother Fax-T106 Plain Paper Fax Machine (Electronics)
Bought it because old faithful broke. It looks good but it it very hard to get it working. Still have not worked out half the things to get itbto work properly

5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit for our small office, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Brother Fax-T106 Plain Paper Fax Machine (Electronics)
Easy to set up and use, does all that is required of it effortlessly. The only thing I can think of that may cause an issue is that the telephone handset is a little short compared to a traditional telephone handset. This doesn't bother me as I am used to talking on my mobile phone which also doesn't reach right from my ear to my mouth, and I like the fact that the whole machine is very compact and so doesn't take up too much space on my desk. Would highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor give it a miss, 22 Aug 2014