5.0 out of 5 stars Frell, I want MORE!
Published on 27 Feb 2005 by Shane W. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed watching this I really enjoyed it very much
I really enjoyed watching this I really enjoyed it very much, so I had to buy the last one to know what happened in the end.
Published 1 month ago by rochee

5.0 out of 5 stars Frell, I want MORE!, 27 Feb 2005
Shane W. Smith "Aussie fan" (Canberra, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
What can I say that no one else has said? The Peacekeeper Wars is everything that I had expected it to be, and more besides! After two years of anticipation, I was fearing disappointment when I finally got to see what I had campaigned so desperately for. But I was blown absolutely and utterly away by the story and special effects (which are the best Farscape has ever produced!), and the acting as well. The PEacekeeper Wars has only one flaw that I can see, and that's that it makes me want MORE Farscape!
As for this DVD release, I would pay this much money just for the gorgeous menu screen, which trumps the Region 1 release, and every other menu (Farscape or otherwise) that I have ever seen. The quality is better than the Region 1 release, because the mini is split across the discs. Additionally, for anyone wondering which release to buy, you have a couple of choices.
1. You could buy both (like I did) because each version has something that the other doesn't in terms of extras.
2. Or if you're not fussed about photo galleries, you should buy the Region 2 DVD hands-down, because of two words: DELETED SCENES!!
Either way, this is a must-buy DVD for any Farscape fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Jan 2005
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
The Peacekeeper Wars originally came about because Farscape got cancelled in the US. The fans mounted a campaign the likes that have never been seen before to get their show returned to the air for a full season. Unfortunately that didn't happen but luckily sci-fi unbent enough to allow a mini-series to be made to tie up all the loose ends from the previous four seasons.
This was a fantastic mini series (about three hours), truely in keeping with the Farscape story arch. If you watched the previous four seasons you will not be disappointed. If you have never watched Farscape before you will not find yourself wondering what the heck is going on. There is a cute little recap told by the main character at the beginning.
This is a great show and it is a shame that it was cut off in it's prime. As yet there are no official plans for a full season five. Don't let that put you off though, the mini series has tied eveything up very neatly. To my mind is only one real loose end but in the end it didn't really matter. I'm not going to say anymore as I wouldn't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally Very Good but......, 9 Mar 2006
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
Do not get me wrong I really enjoyed Peacekeeper Wars, it was a fun and energetic film and a fitting conclusion to an excellent series. However, I found myself wanting something else, it was as if something was not quite there. It seemed a little rushed, there was so much going on in a small amount of time. Some of the characters, well developed characters in the original TV Series were relegated to bit parts and I thought that they deserved a little more.
However, on reflection, it was only four hours long, what else could they have done. I did enjoy this mini series, the ending was particularly good. I would like to see more of Farscape, but I doubt that that will happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAN-FRELLING-TASTIC!!!, 18 Jan 2005
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
After much campaigning from Farscape fans we finally have the next installment of Farscape!! You will not be disappointed as this 3 hour/arn mini series takes off right where we were all left dangling at the end of season 4 screaming at the top of our voices to bring it back. One of the best aspects of Farscape is that the same people are brought back to play these much loved characters and Farscape: The Peacekeeper War is no exception, from all the major cast right down to regular guest stars. Without giving anything away for those who have not yet seen it, all I want to say is that eveything is wrapped up nicely, questions are answered and you get the sense that after 5 cycles the characters are ready to take the next step in their dramatic lives.
Graphically, dramatically and emotionally this gives closure . . .
For any farscape fan this is an event that can not be missed!! For any sci-fi fan who has never seen Farscape (shame on you!!) start at season one and I promise you by the end you will be hooked and begging for more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitting end to a great series, 18 Aug 2007
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
PKW is surely a testament to democracy and fan-power if ever there was! A massive outcry from fans made this possible, a two-part mini-series that ties up the loose ends left dangling from season four. Basically, the entire fifth season is condensed into a mere three hours, so if at times it feels a bit overloaded that's understandable. But you know what, despite the occasional misstep (the pace is sometimes a bit uneven), this is a triumphant and at times brilliant return. Lots of action, intrigue, neat plotting and solid characterisation mark this as a sumptuous treat.

The epic scale and the lavish effects are breathtaking. My only qualm is that while the mini-series does a terrific job of tying up loose ends, it's so dense with little exposition or concession to newbies, that it was probably unlikely to capture the interest of new viewers. Still, welcome back Farscape! Keep an eye out for a series of 'webisodes' coming soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting 4 hour finale to a great series, 22 Jan 2005
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
This 4 hour mini series has everything for the die hard Farscape fan. A sense of closure, a touch of sadness and a real sense of joy.
The first 2 hours are a little slow, but build up towards the climatic final hour in which all questions are answered. The final 20 minutes or so are truely fantastic television and rival anything i have seen. Crichton really does decend into darkness and shows the true strenth of our little human :)
A fitting end to the best sci fi series of recent times.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting conclusion to the story!, 20 Mar 2006
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
I was absolutely devastated when the show was pulled and left us hanging on the edge over what happened. It was a surprise - and a relief - to find this film was available to conclude the whole story. The ending was a little predictable, but for those who saw the end of season 4 and felt empty as a result, they will find this a fitting ending to the show.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Cried and I Laughed, 11 Feb 2011
W. Fitzpatrick "bridge builder" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
I watched Farscape on and off over the years and found it to be generally good with some really good episodes and some okay episodes. Obviously it was cancelled before they could finish the story properly. The Peacekeeper Wars does just that. It finishes the story and does it with a really good side of the series. The humour is there and the action is there and the story is there. I loved the last scene. It summed up what the series was about. Thanks to the actors, writers and producers for finishing on a high note.

5.0 out of 5 stars FRELL, I want MORE!, 27 Feb 2005
Shane W. Smith "Aussie fan" (Canberra, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
Either way, this is a must-buy DVD for any Farscape fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back from beyond..., 25 Jan 2005
DW (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] (DVD)
Why do people call Farscape "the Best sci-fi series ever?" Because it's endlessly inventive, has characters drawn on a human scale and with genuine emotions, and - that rarest of things for sci-fi - is studded with genuine wit and is frequently damn funny. Best of all, the characters almost never get away with it simply by reversing the polarity on the klystron generator or some such techie nonsense.
Farscape:Peacekeeper Wars reunites the galaxy's least efficient, most frequently bickering saviours after the two lead characters were crystallised by an alien vessel.
No sooner are the two lovebirds back among the living than tons of horribly beweaponed space cruisers drop out of nowhere demanding that JC hands over the plans to the Ultimate Weapon Of Doom that an alien race decided to stick in his subconscious for laughs.
On top of that, his borderline psychotic squeeze gets very, very pregnant and suffers human birthing pains ("I've killed men for less than this!").
Let's see: escape death by Slushie maker, fend off two warring empires, nearly die, help a lost race of space hippies recover their peacemaking powers, nearly die, regain control of your brain, wipe out dozens of Predators, build an Ultimate Superweapon, save the universe, nearly die and change your first nappy - all in the space of a couple of days. Pretty normal for John Crichton.
I'd like to see Picard try that...

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD]
Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD] by Ben Browder (DVD - 2005)