5.0 out of 5 stars Fool if you don't buy it!! Excellent, 10 Feb 2005
This review is from: A Fool Such As I/I Need Your Love Tonight (Audio CD)
This has always been my favourite Elvis song since I bought it when it first came out!!! Track 3 on this cd (not listed in content) is an alternative take of 'A fool Such As I', much slower, the bass line in the middle is great, Elvis' voice is somehow different to the original release. I was in awe listening to this different take. A must for all Elvis fans everywhere. Just when you think you've heard it all.......!! Had me in tears the first time I heard it but then it is my favourite song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now And Then There Are Fool's Who Don't Buy Singles, 7 April 2005
Mr. Mw Elphick "Mark" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Fool Such As I/I Need Your Love Tonight (Audio CD)
It is criminal if you don't buy this single, it contains two great rock n roll songs that Elvis closed the fifties decade with. A Fool Such As I is a great track that sounds fantastic even today, I Need Your Love Tonight is also a great track that has a catchy tune and great beat. Unfortunatley both songs didn't hit the top spot in the USA, A Fool Such As I hit #2 while I Need Your Love Tonight hit #4.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pre-Army magic, 30 Mar 2005
Kevin Clarke "kevin17566" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Fool Such As I/I Need Your Love Tonight (Audio CD)
A fiendishly difficult song to sing (try it in the shower sometime!) 'A Fool Such As I' was one of the last songs Elvis recorded before going into the Army and, as such, it anticipates the smoother, post-Army sound of songs like 'Stuck On You' and 'A Mess Of Blues.'

It has an unusual 'marching' tempo and is enlivened by some unbelievably low notes by Hugh Jarret of Elvis's '50s backing singers, The Jordannaires. You sense Elvis is having fun with it, revelling in the intricacies of the delivery.

The other track on this CD single, 'I Need Your Love Tonight', is even better. A surging rock song, full of joie de vivre, it is propelled along by some fabulous guitar licks by Hank Garland.

A Fool Such As I/I Need Your Love Tonight
A Fool Such As I/I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2005)