on 10 May 2011
56g Lansinoh for Breastfeeding for Mums

I'm 10 days in to feeding a new baby and without this cream I probably wouldn't be continuing or would certainly have given up. I had cracked and sore nipples almost to the stage of bleeding and this cream just kept them soft enough to prevent complete breakdown of the nipple. A thin layer of this cream over the nipple just gave it enough time to heal. I also found that using this cream with Savoy Cabbage leaves straight out the fridge was a God send the cream and cold leaf worked a treat. I would highly recomend this cream to any mother who wants to continue to breast feed but is struggling with the pain. I am just coming out the other side and it is starting to become much easier to feed as the nipples are starting to toughen up. I still use the cream just to make sure we don't go back to those early days. I was also advised by a midwife to use it on my nether regions in place of vaseline after birth, please speak to your midwife about this before using, but it really helped me to get past the stinging sensation as the midwife says it has a mild aneastetic which can help to dull the pain. It really worked for me but as I said, check with your midwife first.

I am finding breastfeeding easier everyday now so thanks to this product and of course lots of encouragement from others and a good part of self will we got throught the worst of early breast feeding trauma.
22 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2011
If you're thinking of breastfeeding, this should be one of your essential items to have.

In the beginning, I had problems getting my little one to latch on properly resulting in very sore nipples. However I used this cream and it helped so much, I was so grateful for it (it enabled me to carry on learning to breastfeed without pain)
on 8 May 2011
Brilliant! used this product whilst breast feeding both my children, I had cracked nipples for a few days but this really helped, and its great as you dont have to wipe off before feeding your baby like some of the cheaper products
on 16 October 2011
Bought this for my wife, don't bother with anything else, you get what you pay for with this product. This is by far the best cream on the Market.
on 18 February 2011
I ordered this and it arrived today, although my little fella isn't due for another 9 weeks I couldn't resist the urge to squidge a bit out of the tube and see what it's like (as you do!) and after removing the seal I found it rather hard to squeeze out the product from the tube, as it's like a petroleum jelly consistency, and actually found it easier taking of the cap altogether to get some out.

Apart from that, it's so far left my fingers feeling soft, so there's hope still! We'll see when I start to breast feed. :)
on 3 June 2011
I can't recommend this enough. It really helps with sore and cracked nipples, I couldn't have breastfed without it. Also I used the basic free delivery and received it within a couple of days.
on 4 May 2013
Got this for my girlfriend and this is what she said:

While breast-feeding my first baby my nipples were very sore. It got to the point where they were nearly bleeding. Used this cream and everything went back to normal within two days. You can use it before the feed without the need to wipe it off. The tub will last you a very long time as you only have to use a small amount of cream each time. I have recommended this cream to my friend and she is also happy with it.
on 3 November 2011
I bought this in preparation for breast feeding and it was a lifesaver! I hadn't realised breast feeding could be so difficult (e.g. painful) so I slathered this on at every opportunity until my nipples had toughened up. I'd say it's an essential for a first-time Mum who's intending breast feeding.
on 25 September 2011
I bought Lansinoh after trying a small sachet a couple of days after my son was born. At the time I was exclusively breastfeeding and Lansinoh made the experience much more bearable. After using it my nipples remained soft and didn't crack or bleed at all.

Lansinoh doesn't smell, doesn't need to be washed off before you feed, soothes sore nipples almost instantly, and is also useful if your baby has particularly dry skin - my son's feet and ankles were peeling terribly but after three or four applications of Lansinoh they were as soft and smooth as the rest of his skin.

After I had to stop feeding my boobs would still leak a lot and as a result my nipples would be sore, but they would also feel uncomfortable if I was out and about with damp nipple pads. The Lansinoh was as essential when I couldn't feed as when I was feeding and I always made sure it was in the changing bag.

Don't let the price put you off as you use very little at a time and a tube lasts a good while. It really is a must-have.
on 30 January 2013
Unfortunately in the hospital my son was suffering some mucus problem due to forceps delivery and as a result he wanted to sleep the entire afternoon into the evening which as any mum will know, did not impress the hospital staff when it came to being allowed home. With a little help from a support worker they (apologies for the info) hand expressed...and in the end my nipple suffered. By the next day it was evil, cracked sore (which it would have been anyway) and sadly bleeding. I put this cream on religiously for a week ( I still do) but it heals while wet which is ideal because there is no hanging out to dry when loaded with milk especially in the beginning. It doesn't offer instant soothing but it prevents drying and aids healing in the process...I got so bad that I can recommend this as I was having to contemplate giving up breast feeding.