5.0 out of 5 stars Scrawny to Brawny
If you don't have time to read the whole review then just read the last 2 words of this article, and then buy it.

Published on 19 May 2007 by Mr. G. R. L. James

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything you want to know about this product
I have now used my slendertone flex max male for 6 weeks and now want to write my review everywhere. Now the main things you want to know are. .......
1. Does it give you a perfect 6 pack like you see on the box, answer NO ! However it does give you definition and I do believe if I kept using it for another 12 weeks it would nearly be there like the box.
2. Does...
Published on 20 Dec 2010 by Joe K

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrawny to Brawny, 19 May 2007
This review is from: Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt (Sports)

THIS BELT WORKS, but is probably best suited to those who don't carry too much weight around their midriff. This belt does not get rid of fat, and is not a miracle ab builder, but it definitely works if you want it too. I got this six weeks ago, and used it three times a day, most days, and soon felt a stronger core. I started noticing that my abs felt tense throughout the day. The good thing with this is that as soon as you notice a slight change, then you assume it works and use it more, creating a positive feedback loop.

There are a few conditions if you want a six pack though-

You need to include it as part of a balanced fitness routine, which include core workouts and crunches. The belt will condition your abs to built, but that's no good if they hide behind a layer of insulation. Include cardio in your workout for a cut look, and you should notice a good 4-pack emerge, and eventually a 6pack if you stick to a healthy diet, and don't drink too much beer!

In the May 07 edition of "Men's Fitness" they tested this, among other "wonder products", and this was the only product that got a 4/5 rating, and was said to actually work. You can wear it while watching TV, and as long as you've got it on a setting that makes you wince each time it vibratse then you'll be getting a good workout.

For those who want to know what it feels like-I would describe it as a tingly effect that builds and spreads throughout your abs, building to a peak, and then stopping for a few seconds to allow your muscles to relax. Down side are that it is expensive, and the pads ain't too cheap either. Also, now I have good abs, I don't use this so much, preferring to do sit ups instead, but this product definitely gave me the momentous to start my new exercise regime. Great Product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works, 30 Oct 2013
Dolphin (Stuck inside a cloud) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt (Sports)
I am more than impressed. After much research and debate over different models and brands, I chose the Slendertone Unisex belt because both my husband and I were going to use it and I wanted a reliable piece of kit. My belt arrived ten weeks ago, and we have been using it daily ever since. Interestingly, both sets of batteries that came with it have run out (I have now switched to rechargeable AAA batteries), but the original three pads are still fine. Rubbing a little hand cream or anti-cellulite gel over the waist area, before using the belt, seems to keep the pads in optimal condition and they peel away from the skin easily and leaving no residue. I have bought a gel specifically formulated for use with toning pads but I haven't had to use it yet with this belt.

As to results: for me, this belt works brilliantly. Having a bad back means that sit-ups are difficult to do, so I tend to skip them. In conjunction with swimming every other day and calorie cutting, the Flex Max has completely changed the way my body looks. There is still a little bit of stubborn fat over my stomach but the muscles underneath have been toned and firmed up considerably and I feel even my swimming has improved. I am currently up to 107 in intensity and there is still room to go higher. A brilliant purchase especially at the very reasonable price of £45.

UPDATE: Nine months after purchase I'm still using the belt every day (now at the 120 max setting) because it's so good for my back as well. I finally changed the pads after eight months of daily use but they were still working and only slightly breaking apart. I'm really, really happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tone, 21 Feb 2014
T. Wilkinson "tony02dvd" (Hull , England , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt (Sports)
Yes I can honestly report firmer abs after only two weeks of daily use.
Pads are expensive to replace and I am already on second set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything you want to know about this product, 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt (Sports)
2. Does it make your ABS strong, answer YES ! I have used it every day expect Saturday and Sunday as I have read you should have two rest days from it a week. My ABS do feel stronger and they soiled on the sides.
3. Does it hurt, answer NO it tingles a bit and sometimes feels odd, however it does not hurt it only feels like the workout pain you get from sit ups.
4. How often do the pads need replacing, Answer not that often if you use it every day I believe once a month should do it. ( Pad are cheaper on EBAY and in BOOTS stores )
I hope that helps, I do not regret buying it at all; I do think the product is amazing and will work but not in 6 weeks. If you are a fit person I would definitely say buy the strongest pro max whatever its called, because I can already hit my top intense thing on my pro max.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABS AND MORE, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt (Sports)
I have done it, I had a ressonable stomach but now I have SLABS OF ABS. What I didn't realise was how much my OBLIQUES popped out after using. If it typically took me 45 minutes to work out my entire abdominal area, sticking this on 130 does them ALL AT ONCE. Not bad for the price either. I highly recommend use, use more, use with or without doing ab crunches. Its worth it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt (Sports)
Amazing product once you get used to it, works more than any AB workout i have ever done in the gym. GET ONE NOW, specially for this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed!, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt (Sports)
Saved an awful lot of press-ups and an expensive op to remove excess fat.( I probably used it too frequently as it hurt a bit but it really worked!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is BRILLIANT!, 2 Jun 2006
This review is from: Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt (Sports)
I bought the Slendertone Flex Max a few days ago and i must say i am very impressed with it.

I got the item out of the box as soon as it arrived and it was simple to put together. Just put the batteries in the electronic part, attach that to the belt, put the pads on the belt and strap it round your waist and your all good to go. It looks alright and apart from the electronic part it looks very discreet under a t-shirt or any clothing.

When you first start you automatically start on the introduction workout and you just increase the intensity on either side to suit how vigurous you want your workout to be. Now on the introduction you can go upto level 99! You can go further than this when you do other programmes too. I think it goes up to about 120. Now just to let you know i thought i was my abs were already rather strong and thought i would be able to go pretty high, however i was wrong. This is so powerful its unbeleivable.

You can start very easy if your a beginner, but it can get really tough when you raise the level up to around 50 and onwards. So far i have only gone upto level 50 and that took a little while to get to. You need to be really tough to go beyond this, but as you keep using it and you progress you can get further. You will need to be a real athlete to get to level 120, i don't think even Arnie would be able to quite get that far, it really is that advanced.

There are 6 different workouts to choose from and there are 2 other workouts that can be used in conjunction with doing sit-ups. All your stats get stored so you can see what the highest level you have achieved is, how many sessions you have done etc.

The manual gives you a nice programme to follow so you can progress safely and really make the most out of this amazing product. All of the programmes apart from the 2 sit-up programmes have warm up and cool down phases, so there is no need to warm up or cool down, it does this for you. Its really comfortable to wear and you can really feel it working, but the sensation is nice, its like a massage, but one with great effect that you can really feel working on your muscles.

I really enjoy using it, this is 10 times more fun than going to the gym and it is 10 times more effective! But remember this is only for your abs and stomach muscles, it won't help build up your arms, legs, back muscles etc. so you may still need to go to a gym if you want the full look.

Anyway to wrap up i must say even after using this just a few days i have already noticed a massive progression, when i started i found level 20 rather streneous, but have already managed to increase the intensity over 100% and can now use it comfortably at level 50.

This really does work and really does improve your muscular strength around the abdominal area. I have noticed a difference in my appearance also, but this is because my stomach is not overflowing with fat, i carry a little fat, but not too much not to be able to see my muscles the other siede.

If you are really fat, you may not see the effects, but you will certainly feel them. Also this won't be helpful at getting rid of fat, its only helpful at building muscle, but muscular people tend to burn fat quicker as they have a faster metabolism, so if you get muscular from this your metabolism should speed up and you should lose fat. You won't lose fat directly from using this though.

So it really does work a treat at building muscle in the abdominal region and is fantastic at toning up. You will enjoy using this and if you try and fit in just 1 session a day you really will notice the effects it has. Each session lasts between 20-30 minutes depending on which session you use and there is a countdown timer on the LCD screen so you can see how long there is left in your session. Its awsome.

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes! It really DOES work!, 22 Dec 2011
Jonathan Moss "Environmentalist Aus" (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
Hi there,

I have had this belt for about 4 years. I used it in my early 30's the first time around and it really does tighen your stomach muscles. You feel sore after using it (like having done a load of sit ups) for the first couple of weeks - really showing it is doing something. But you need to keep cranking up the power on the device to maintain results - you can plateau and not increase your results if you stick at the same level. Towards the end of the first 6 months I used it the first time around I was almost maxing out the intensity level to keep getting gains - and at really high levels it is quite a strong sensation, almost like someone pushing a fist into your stomach - but as they say no pain no gain! At weaker settings there is no pain at all... so you can adjust to suit you. Four years ago I was quite fit but nobody really though of me as athletic - I remember asking friends to touch my stomach (without telling them about this!) and they were all surprised how solid it felt. Now I'm 34 I have bought a new one as the price came down and the old one was a bit ratty. I'm getting a little soft around the middle so looking forward to those gains I got 4 years ago. One word of warning though - if you are quite fat around the middle you won't see the results. I'm not slim, but not huge either; if you can pinch over an inch you won't see the results half as much as if your a bit slimmer - a good incentive to eat less and exercise more! Plus the stimulation does not work as well though fat. But all in all a bargain as this price and a good supplement to a fitness program.

4.0 out of 5 stars seems to be working, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt (Sports)
Looks to be working well but would need longer to assess results.replacement gel pads a bit expensive and uses a lot of batteries. Need to try rechargeables.

Slendertone Flex Max Unisex Ab Toning Belt