Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 December 2004
If you thought Eminem's encore was a good album, then you will definitly enjoy his production on, 'loyal to the game.'
It was always going to be hard for anyone to produce 2Pac's previously unheard material and Eminem and Afeni Shakur, with help from: the outlawz, G Unit, Nate Dogg, Jadakiss, Obie Trice, Dido and remarkably Elton John, have created a masterful album. It is not 'traditional' 2Pac, but almost a modern adaptation of his work to fit in to this modern era of hip/hop. For the fans of more classic Pac, there are the three remixes at the end of the album, that would fit in Pac's pre '96 albums.
Outstanding songs include: Ghetto Gospel, Thugs Get Lonely Too and Hennessey.
A modern hip/hop album that helps bring 2Pac to a modern audience.
on 24 August 2007
Now, if you're not a Tupac fan and are just looking for any hip-hop album released this century with production by Eminem, then maybe you could tolerate this release...but to any real fans of the immortal man that is Tupac Shakur, I would suggest avoiding this work altogether and playing the original (O.G.) versions of the tracks that you can find online and in other places.

The main issue is that Eminem does not treat Tupac's work with respect to the artist's original vision - yeah, there's some nice beats, but we know that this isn't what Tupac wanted...while the same problem could be said of most posthumous works, at least a lot of those other albums actually try to choose production that wouldn't have been so alien to Tupac's work and so the songs still convey what Tupac would've liked them to be like and mesh well with his voice...'Changes' and 'Thugz Mansion' are two good examples of this. On the other hand, Eminem distorts Tupac's vocals by slowing them down to fit his beats making him sound like a robot...and so it just comes across as unnaturally over-produced...and he even has the nerve to chop up and stick together pieces of recorded speech to make him say things like 'G-Unit'...so please, be repectful to Tupac's legacy and avoid ever purchasing this record...
on 22 January 2005
My first reaction on this album was: Super!!, good lyrics, nice beat. This album is again fabulous.
But when I heard it over and over again, I strat thinking, `Is this album still Tupacs album?`
Tupac is dead for more than 7 years, How is it possible that he can speak to us through his music?
Don't forget, I'm a big Tupac fan. But can you still produce an album in his name? Is this still Tupacs voice?
At this point, Tupac is a Living Legend, maybe we need to leave it like that. But on the other hand, if Tupac realy recorded so much songs wich aren't released yet, why keeping them not from hearing?
My point is this: We need to be care full, not destroying the Legend while trying to make him greater and greater.
Peace.
on 6 January 2005
I'm a huge pac fan and regardless of the albums quality i would have went out and bought this album anyway, but i was surprised that after now 9 years after pacs death his lyrics can still touch me in a way that no other rappers can. i wasn't too sure about eminem producing this album as i feel pac wouldn't appreciate anyone from anywhere other than cali producing his albums after his death but yet again eminem displays producing skills that are going to keep him in the rap game for many years to come.
on 28 December 2004
Well the greatest hip hop artist of all time lives on with this latest offering.I have to say that Eminem really comes through with the production saving some of his best beats for this album, all the songs are good but my favourites are "thugs get lonely too" and "soldier like me" and the title track featuring g unit all in all its a very good album worth the money. HOLLA!
on 9 October 2010
not a bad album.Worth checking out.Got to say thow eminem dont sound all that on track 1 soldier like me,he sounds well dodgy i tell ya and track 5 Black cotton. Track 4 getto gospel is a complete balls up and a insult to pac puting ELTON JOHN on volcals .If pac was around 2day never in a million years would he team up wiv Elton for a track . but the album is still good not like and not as good as the early stuff Some good tracks well worth geting.EMINEM dun a fairly good job producing this one and the beats cant knock him for that.There a lot of good rappers on this album to so check it out.R.I.P 2PAC FOREVER
on 20 January 2009
eminem ruined this album wiv crappy production if u think this is 1 of 2pacs best u have most probably only heard this album and no others. also im not diggin' some of the guests eg gunit. however u can actually listen 2 it because 2pac the best rapper ever supports the album lyrically but production i couldnt be more dissapointed. i would recommend that u not buy this over any other 2pac album. if ur new 2 pac which most rap fans aint i recommend the first ones u buy are me against the world and onwards truly amazing albums R.I.P 2Pac the best rapper ever.
on 30 December 2014
This is essential listening if you are an avid Tupac Shakur fan. I personally think Eminem did a good job producing this record helping Pac sound fresh and modern. The highly successful single 'Ghetto gospel' is a stone cold Tupac classic while the rest of the tracks are also good. I think Eminem sped up Pac's vocals on 'Crooked N***a too' and it works well and 'Hennessey' is a fun party tune. Like I said I liked this record. I think most rap fans would find plenty to enjoy here regardless whether you are a huge 2pac fan or not its pretty dope.
on 21 August 2015
Firstly I am a Tupac fan. secondly I do like some of the tracks to be released since his death.

But this album has tortured chorus's and if your a fan, you know he would disapprove. Beats are okish but not Cali and therefore not Pac, Ghetto Gospel is the one exception as he did songs like dopefiend's diner with a similar sound (only reason it gets a 2 star rating). It just doesn't sound like a Tupac album.

Also Amazon won't approve because apparently he is buying thang's off EBAY.
on 15 December 2004
This album is a hot showcase of 2pacs' best work. These songs where recorded at different eras' in 2pacs' timeline. The beats on the album are catchy, foot-tapping and so 2pac thanks to eminem. This is the first time em has out shone dre. I only wish he had produced better days and until the end of time which still were on top form. I like all of 2pacs' work and all the tracks are good but the ones that stand out the most are: - soldier like me, the uppercut*, out on bail*, ghetto gospel*, loyal to the game, thugz get lonely too*, who do you love*, don't you trust me*, po nigga blues remix* and the crooked nigga too remix*. The album is full of tunes and well worth the price tag. A touching tribute to the best selling rap artitst of all time!