4.0 out of 5 stars Very Different
blink-182 are one of those bands that seemed like they would never grow up but as this album proves, they have. I'm a huge fan of their earlier releases like Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch and I have to admit that when I first listened through the album I was shocked. Where were the jokes, the funny songs and the great riffs? Had they put the wrong CD in the case...
Published on 1 Dec 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Could, and SHOULD have been so much more...
I'd been anticipating the release of this album for almost 2 yrs, and I have to say it stirs up a mixed bag of feelings for me; I REALLY dislike it, and as a loyal fan, I HATE that I dislike it! I've followed Blink since Cheshire Cat, and have seen many fellow fans disapprove of the more pop-styled Enema and T.O.Y.P.A.J; opinions which I found crazy! For me, every Blink...
Published on 27 Nov 2003 by Mr. C. M. Sullivan

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge dissapointment, 22 Jan 2004
Mike (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: blink-182 (Audio CD)
This album is awful. It doesn't even deserve 1 star. Repetative lyrics as well as boring and lifeless music make this by far the worst album I own. If you're a Blink fan and don't have this yet, don't bother. I wish I hadn't. This dire waste of plastic has all the hallmarks of a CD rushed just to please record company bosses. The highlight of this album comes right at the end of the last track when you realise the nightmare is over. A far cry from the band who used to create thoughtful, fun and fast punk music.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not all that good, 5 Nov 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: blink-182 (Audio CD)
I was dissapointed by this album when I got it when it came out. It sounds like the band have tried to grow up because all their fans are growing older and listening to better music (I'm one of them). Some of the songs here are pretty good. Stockholm Syndrome, Down, Always, Here's You Letter are all quite good but the whole thing seems too depressing. I used to be a huge Blink fan but this album is pants. Alot of the songs sound good live but are naff on the album ('I Miss You' being one). The lyrics are bad and poorly sang. Hasn't anyone else noticed that Tom DeLonge cannot song.
OK I'm gonna compare this with other 90's Punk band's latest albums.
- Green Day's American Idiot:
This album is phenominal, it takes what Green Day have done in the past and carries it further into a 21 song punk rock opera. Great Album! Shows everything Green Day can do and more.
- Sum 41's Chuck:
This is the best album from the canadian quartet. This has alot of the best songs on it. Huge metal influence and a huge range of songs. Fantastic album.
Now we go back to Blink 182 and after listening to those and it seems very forced and samey. Calling it medeocre is giving it too much credit. Some of the songs are great. With the greatest hits out, one can only be happy that this band is no longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH!, 9 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: blink-182 (Audio CD)
this is blink 182s latest album and compared to the others its crap the only good song on here is feeling this. don't buy it and save your money to buy splinter by the offspring it rules!