5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality family favourite
Published on 10 Oct 2008 by mummy spoon

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game, engaging illustration - let down by quality
First of all let me say I love Orchard Toys; I think they are fantastic games for their target audience and my kids love all of them; this one included.

This is two games in one, the illustrations delightful and the games great. My kids love both.

Published on 26 July 2012 by KJ7

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality family favourite, 10 Oct 2008
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)
I always liked snakes and ladders as a child so decided to buy this for my two children and we had so much fun from such a simple game, now they want to play it every night. I should also say, I would buy this version over others I have seen as it is very good quality and nicely presented but not too expensive, you also get the added feature of ludo on the double sided board which the kids liked aswell , a must for all family's.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game, engaging illustration - let down by quality, 26 July 2012
KJ7 (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)

So why only 3 stars? This is the first time ever I've felt disappointed in the quality and durability of an Orchard Toy. It has the fairly typical lift up flap construction for the lid rather than a box with a separate lid and the board folds up into four to be dropped in with the pieces. The board illustration is a sheet of thick, colourful, wipe clean glossy paper stuck and bound to each face of the fold up thick cardboard board. It looks great. But if the board is accidently folded up the opposite way to the intended way (which happened within the first week) the paper playing surface stretches too tight across the cardboard board. It ripped the first time it was folded the wrong way most of the way across the board. Not so pretty now it's been repaired with Sellotape. You might say it's our fault for folding it wrong but this is a kids game and I think it should be a bit more durable and able to withstand such handling. I see a similar comment in another review about the board.

Ludo and Snakes and Ladders are great games and this version is very appealing; young children will love it, but I've always commended Orchard Toys in the past for their durability and this time feel they fell short.

If you buy it, your kids will love it but be very careful how you fold up the board.

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap quality, 23 Dec 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)
I am definitely disappointed with the quality of this game. first, I thought it would be like traditional board games, which come in a box with a separate lid, but in this game, the box is what you see and everything else e.g. the board, pieces, etc.. are just tossed in. The board is folded up into four, which means it probably won't last very long. honestly, it looked like a game that should be sold in a dollar store...

4.0 out of 5 stars a great game for all pirate lovers!, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)
My five year old son is normally not much of a game lover, but he loves this version of Snakes and Ladders. It has been played several times since he received it for his birthday and he has learned to play Ludo too. He loves the idea of beating everyone to the treasure. The other advantage is that while the traditional Snakes and Ladders goes up to 100 this board only goes up to 48. This makes the games shorter and more enjoyable for younger players.

The whole look of the game is also very appealing to boys or anyone who is into pirates.

PS It is still one of his favourite games at the age of 6!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pirate Snakes and Ladders Game, 22 Jun 2009
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)
Excellent board game. I am a Teaching Assistant at a Special Needs secondary school. My students absolutely love the game. It's great fun and they are learning to share and count at the same time....Brilliant! !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 24 Aug 2010
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)
Love these classic games. Orchard Toys are superb - durable, reasonably priced and colourful. What more do we need from a kids' game?

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful Fun, 16 April 2010
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)
Good colourful pictures and sturdy board. My 3yr old loves to play the snakes and ladders, even if he does think the aim is to go down the snakes?! Great games for him to grow into.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent family fun, 1 Feb 2009
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)
Another excellent family game from orchard toys which has kept our 7 year old girl busy since Christmas. Great value, but would have liked the board to be a little tougher given the amount of handling from small hands. Otherwise, great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 26 July 2013
H. Gash (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)
Me and my son love both games as with all Orchard Toys games. Lively and colourful. The only thing I would say is the board gets folded into quarters - my son tried to put it away and ended up almost tearing it in half so take care!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple old fashioned fun, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Orchard Toys Pirate Snakes and Ladders & Ludo (Toy)
The old game we all know and love. It's a cheap stocking filler and the parts are not as 'solid' as baby boomers remember from their youth...but the grandkids love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›