on 3 October 2006
This puzzle has 40 pieces and is really good quality. The peices are quite big and have a nice glossy finish so they are easy for children to put together. My 4 year old loves this puzzle and can now do it on her own; my 6 year old also plays with it too. I will definately buy more orchard puzzzles as they are strong and far superior to the usual ravensburger puzzles.
on 14 June 2009
My 4yo daughter has had this puzzle for 4 days now and it has been put together at least 20 times. She loves the subject and always asks to do the 'questions' on the box once the puzzle is completed. The questions are hints and ideas for extending play once the puzzle is finished, for example, how many oranges can you see in the picture?, why do you think there is a frog near the wizard?, etc.

The puzzle pieces are well made and quite thick compared with other well known makes and I believe they will last much longer and retain the looks better.

I will definitely be buying more Orchard Toys puzzles and games.
on 13 September 2009
Bright, attractive, & durable. Plenty of fun to be had after puzzle is put together also, with activities suggested on the box, like spotting things.
Promotes concentration, also sharing & co-operation when 2 children or adult & child do the puzzle together.
on 21 March 2009
I bought this for my 3 yr old grandaughter she has played with it on every visit there is a lot going on in this jigsaw and she has lots of fun piecing it all together
on 10 August 2008
Lovely jigsaw, good quality and nice picture. My daughter has pulled this one out to do time and time again.
on 28 January 2011
My children, now 3 and 6 years old, love this puzzle. This is the second copy we have bought of it. They have been doing this puzzle nearly every day for over a year now. They lost some pieces from the first copy (who knows where - mysterious, like the single sock that goes missing in the washing machine) so I just had to purchase it again for them (they would still do it with pieces missing).

Very educational, first in building their 'motor' skills and then finding and recognising items from the picture when asked to find them (even more useful for the 3 year old who has been doing this for nearly a year now (he was a slow walker and a slow talker so this really brought him on).

The pieces are nice and thick (robust) and the right size for 'little hands'. 50 pieces is the right quantity in being 'achievable' (i.e. not daunting) for them.
on 31 October 2015
I like orchard products, they are always made of really sturdy card and are bright and colourful. I also like the fact there is an educational guide on the back so that you can make the most of the time you spend doing the jigsaw with your child.

The reason I give this jigsaw 4 stars instead of 5 is that (at the time of purchase) the jigsaw supplied does not match the picture amazon have. I bought from amazon and not a third party seller so expected to receive the exact item I ordered.

Saying that, the jigsaw is still nice and the same Orchard quality. I have included a picture so people can see what they may receive. There are a lot more characters in the version I receieved which I suspect is to make it easier for children to complete and give more scope for discussion when doing it with an adult.
review image
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2015
I love this jigsaw.

More importantly my niece absolutely loves it.
She plays with it again and again and again.

It is nice and bright and BIG.

All the pieces can be wiped after sticky fingers!!!
on 29 May 2013
I bought this for my 3 year old and she loved the picture etc. All Orchard puzzles and games are fab in my opinion.

Bright, colourful and captivating.

The only problem I have with the jigsaws I have bought from Orchard is that the main picture on the box that the child follows in order to put together the puzzle always has a logo/text over the bottom right hand corner which means you can't tell the child what piece to look for as you can't even see yourself unless you refer to one of the smaller images around the box where the picture is not covered.

Only a minor issue but it is a bit annoying - eventually though I know my little girl will get so good at the puzzle, she won't even need the picture.
on 3 January 2013
Bright, colourful, sturdy pieces in a strong, durable box. A cheerful and fun magical castle design with the added challenge of curved edges - my almost four year old loves puzzles and this one has her intrigued - it's not a walk in the park like some of her others. Orchard Toys unstintingly turn out children's games of an excellent standard and this is no exception.