5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - for boys or girls
My daughter (2) borrowed this from the library & I must admit I was sceptical. However both she & her brother (4) were totally mesmerised by it. They both love to dress up in "Ballet clothes" to watch it & copy the children. They actually sit still, pay attention and go through the steps. My husband & I are tired of it already but they can't get enough of it.
I...
Published on 8 May 2003 by CHGrant

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality disappointing
The DVD i received was jumpy which was a disappointing but I think the dvd was overall nice for my daughter who was 3 at the time of purchase.
Published 13 months ago by olivia Vaughan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - for boys or girls, 8 May 2003
CHGrant (Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I don't know if other videos have boys in but this is great if you son is interested in dancing as there are boys dressed in shorts & t-shirts, as well as the girls in leotards and tutus, going through their movements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh ! Not the ballet film again., 18 Dec 2005
Ms. Marion Buckland (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be a Ballet Dancer [DVD] [NTSC] (DVD)
This DVD was bought for our then 3 1/2 year old daughter who loves it, and has repeatedly chosen to watch it over over DVDs. It has also been totally adopted by our then 2 1/4 year old son, who can do "good toes and not like that" and similar exercises of the younger children.
Polly the older girl who we follow through a performance an visit to a ballet school has become a household name, and her performance in the show is copied.
The kids are currently viewing the DVD every !!! night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Entertainment for all would be Ballet Dancers, 27 April 2004
By A Customer
I bought this video for my daughter's third Birthday - over a year latershe still watches it over and over again. Two little girls start balletlessons and we join them being fitted for shoes and even see some of thierfriends taking thier first exams. A great introduction to the basicballet positions, we are also treated to a visit to the Arts EducationalSchool at Tring. We join a young lady who wants to pursue ballet to ahigher level, visiting the school for a look round. Great value and I'dagree with the reviewer of the other film in the 'set' - great Birthdaypresents for all those parties!

5.0 out of 5 stars A daily viewing is a certainty!, 15 Dec 2007
Mrs. Suzanne Ravenhall (Fareham, Hants) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be a Ballet Dancer [DVD] [NTSC] (DVD)
We have to watch this every day. Easily copied by my almost 3 year old, who has now turned Director and has my husband and me prancing round the front room to the Nutcracker. We've video'd her watching/copying the dvd... priceless. Need I say more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 May 2008
This review is from: How to be a Ballet Dancer [DVD] [NTSC] (DVD)
This DVD is brilliant. It has the children actively doing the whole DVD. It is a good presentation of a ballet class, what happens at an examination and seeing ballet dancers from age 4ish to 16 in the DVD was great as they could see themselves now and where they dream to be. This is our childrens preferred DVD and I dont mind them watching as they dance the whole time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful DVD, 16 Sep 2008
Mrs. Adele Palmer (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be a Ballet Dancer [DVD] [NTSC] (DVD)
My daughter who is just 2 1/2 years old absolutely loves this DVD already. We only received it today and she has started practicing both the movement and the French terminology. A great buy for any budding Ballet Dancers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our little girl loves this!, 25 Feb 2010
Hello,

We gave this DVD to our 2 year-old (almost 3) for Christmas and she loves, loves, LOVES, it!
She is able to follow along and she really has learned a lot like "good toes/bad toes" she knows some of the positions and she has really absorbed the expressiveness that ballet has. She tilts her head and smiles and everything a little ballerina should do.
It shows everything from buying the proper shoes and costumes to girls at a boarding school for dance. It also takes about taking tests/getting certificates and ends with an abridged version of the Nutcracker. It is designed to show all aspects of what being a Ballet Dancer involves (preparation, practice, certification and perfomances).

We always new our daughter responded to music and she has always been keen to dance. This was a way of finding out how strong that interest really is. Now that we know, we won't b so hesitant to spend some money on a real class.
Definitely worth every penny.

The only bad things I can say is that you might want to toss it in the bin after the 500th time you've seen it in a week :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars how to be a ballet Dancer, 8 Oct 2010
Mrs. R. Gillibrand (Peterborough UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be a Ballet Dancer [DVD] [NTSC] (DVD)
My 6yr old Grandaughter watches this over and over again and the 2 yr old has just started to watch it, they both dance around when the children do too. Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and great value too, 1 Oct 2009
Shirley "Shirley" (Harrow, Middx United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to be a Ballet Dancer [DVD] [NTSC] (DVD)
This DVD was just what I needed to introduce my 3 and a half year old to ballet as she wont (yet) join in with a class.... well that's my excuse - I never got to do ballet as a child and I have enjoyed this as much as she has (not like that toes!).
Seriously it is really helping to put things into context for her and hopefully in time she will have the confidence to join a class.
If you already have some knowledge of ballet and your child is confident then perhaps it might not be for you but for the price I dont think you can go too far wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction for little ones, 6 April 2008
This review is from: How to be a Ballet Dancer [DVD] [NTSC] (DVD)
My 4 /12 yr old is too shy to go to a proper dance class but loves doing this DVD and is keen to show friends when they come round to play

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

How to be a Ballet Dancer [DVD] [NTSC]
How to be a Ballet Dancer [DVD] [NTSC] by Sally-Ann Hodge (DVD - 2006)