Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Price:£21.34+ Free shipping

on 12 October 2007
this version of buckaroo just doesn't work as well as the old version. this one (or at least my one) does not buck at all unless you cheat, as stated by someone else below. the old version used to buck with hardly any effort at all, which made the game tense and exciting; brilliant. but with this version, even my nineteen month old son (unsteady as he is)can't make the mule buck. arghhhh! no fun at all.

it's a great idea to try and update the product by incorporating levels and it is a far more attractive looking mule, but the whole point of the game is to make it buck, right? my advice would be to try and find an older version. we've not touched our new buckaroo since we bought it and i am now trying to get my hands on an older version...
on 15 August 2012
I just think this game is rubbish, I was really looking forward to playing it with my 4yr old son especially when the box said that the mule was even angrier in this new version, what a load of rubbish. It's hard to get the saddle to balance on right for a start and when you put 1 item on the saddle it falls off to that side, the only way we can get the saddle to stay on is to put 2 things on at once, 1 on each side and its even hard to fit all of the items on and even then sometimes it doesn't buck. Please don't waste your money, I certainly wish I hadn't.
on 1 April 2007
I had Buckaroo as a child, and it was always going off. Bought this to play with my daughter and I just can't get it to buck without cheating. There are 3 sensitivity levels, and even on the highest one you need a certain amount of heavy handedness in balancing your item to set him off - where the whole idea is to be delicate. We've had more winners and losers decided by an item falling off when we've run out of space to balance them.

Perhaps we've had the only good tempered mule in history.
on 19 November 2010
Like countless other reviewers I have been frustrated by the fact that this updated verion is just not built like the old one. I'm not harking back in a rose tinted way to halcyon days, just infuriated by the fact that this thing is a pain to set and then just doesn't buck without cheating destroying all tenion and fun. My kids were thoroughly bored.
on 28 December 2010
this buckaroo just will not buck... my two year can manage to get everything on... thats if the saddle would stop falling off time and time again. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone to buy.... not like the one I had as a child.
on 25 December 2011
Very disappointing. I had this toy as a kid and loved it. Decided to buy it for my kids (and me!) for Xmas but it doesn't even buck.... Unless you use a very heavy hand. We don't have money to waste, but I did with this one.
on 13 August 2011
It looks quite nice and promises to be as good as the original, but is very disappointing. Unlike some reviewers I can get it to stay down. Just push on the tail to lock it in place. But the only way to get it to buck is to deliberately press down on the blanket. The weight of the various tools and other pieces is not enough to make it buck. You soon get to the point where all the items are loaded and the horse/mule has not bucked at all.

Setting it on the hardest setting should make it buck easily but no joy. Maybe a 2 or 3 year old will be happy just cheating becuase they are excited to see it buck, but the point of the game is to load the items and see who accidentlly makes it buck.

A real let down.
on 7 October 2008
I have fond memories of playing this game when I was a child, (over 30 years ago), so I bought one for my son's fourth birthday. The first one would not 'buck' at all, even when set to 'difficult' so it was exchanged. The replacement is only slightly better. The new mule, according to the box is supposed to be 'moodier'. It looks a bit more colourful but the old version definitely worked better. You shouldn't have to get all the paraphanelia on and give it a poke before it goes off. It ruins the excitement.
on 6 October 2014
I am disgusted with this game. Having spent many happy times playing this with my children, I was eager to get it for my grandchildren. This new game is no use whatsoever! The saddle will not balance properly on so it is impossible to hang any items on it, so therefore impossible to play.
on 31 December 2013
I bought this for my wife for Christmas, as she said it was a game she had always wanted as a child. So that box got ticked, if with a certain amount of bewilderment. The problems with it as a game started the moment we attempted to assemble the two parts - the mule and the base. The front feet of the mule are supposed to click into place, and probably would have done had the mule's feet not been longer than their intended receptacle. I had to use a needle file on the base to permit the front feet to click into place. That done, with the mule set to maximum sensitivity it would not buck even fully loaded. Car boot sale fodder, alas.