on 27 December 2012
Over the years the family have played this game (replaced it twice because of use). We replaced it with the new version for our granddaughter.
We are all really disappointed with the new board, very flimsy, some of the traps do not work every time and a toilet - REALLY!?
I think this game will last us a long time - no one is over keen to play it!
Very disappointed.
on 23 August 2014
Looks great fun, but after hours of putting together annoying fiddly bits of cardboard and silly bits of plastic the excitement had gone. Its a shame these games aren't made like they used to be. This should come ready assembled so that its ready to play straight from the box without having to build it every time. Whoever designed this is in the wrong job!
on 14 January 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for my daughter. After reading the reviews I didn't hold out too much hope... And it's a good job too. It's OK, but the traps are pretty un-reliable, which is a shame as everyone was looking forward to playing the game. Cheap, flimsy, plastic, thin cardboard...

You have been warned.... Don't expect too much!
on 23 November 2009
This game is far too fiddly. Even the children (9 and 7 years old) felt the same way. After the initial excitement, there was boredom. The kids have never asked to play this game again!! They prefer to just watch the traps go off (when they work). The net trap is the worse.
Setting it up takes up too much time and the instructions are not clear.
This game looks good and that's about it!
If we had the opportunity to play and test the game beforehand, I would not have purchased it.
on 9 January 2014
Took quite a while to put all the pieces and traps together, and I do not think a child would have been able to do this unaided, once built it is great fun to play, unfortunately 2 of the traps do not work as they should, the toy box will not stay shut and the broom and boot does not set off, didn't really effect our enjoyment of the game though.
on 27 December 2014
Utter disappointment, awful quality, cheaply made, took hours to put together as its so flimsy, kids lost interest within a minute and us adults reminisced about the good old days of mouse trap. Please do not part with your cash for this piece of toot. Donation to the recycling bin on the next few days. Rubbish and doesn't even deserve a star!!
on 1 August 2014
Lovely well made product that was a welcome gift. Was really pleased with the quality.
on 18 February 2009
This was my daugthers birthday present, but she and i were both quite disappointed. It took quite a while to build the traps, but when we started playing it and began setting the traps off, they wouldn't go according to plan. It was quite frustrating after a while. Overall, it is an ok game but very, very annoying. Do not buy this game unless you want to spend hours in anger mangement afterwards!
on 2 August 2015
My son received the mousetrap board game from some family friends for his birthday. We opened the game and began to set it up. It took ages to figure out where the various parts went as the instructions were complicated, confusing and poorly detailed. Many of the parts do not sit correctly in their slots and it became obvious early on that the game was never going to work. On flushing the toilet (which seems to be the only bit that does work) not one of the routes results in the trap being activated. The ball does not gather enough speed to complete the loop-the-loop and likewise, there is not enough force behind it to activate the bike or the boot / broom. We have tried everything, even manually flicking the balls down the chutes to get them to activate the traps but nothing works. My son is incredibly disappointed as he was really looking forward to receiving this game. Having now looked at the reviews on Amazon, I cannot believe Hasbro are still selling this game. It is quite clear that most customers have had exactly the same issues with it. The game is not fit for purpose and should not be sold until it is rectified so that it does what it is supposed to do. I only wish we could take it back to the shop for a refund but how do you tell your friend that the game they bought your son for his birthday is a pile of junk? I have lodged a complaint with Hasbro and would urge others to do likewise. They are making money from selling something which they must know is defective.
on 7 January 2013
After setting up the mouse traps, there is one mouse trap which is the most annoying, which causes my son to throw a strop. This causes a lot of unfinished games and the mouse trap does not want to do what it meant to do.
I do not recommend this game at any age, possibly teenagers might get more enjoyment out of it.