5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the original
Having played the original mousetrap and been really frustrated with the hit and miss nature of the trap, I was sceptical when we got this new version, but I was wrong. Initial set up takes a while, but by building the traps before you play there isn't the boring bit that you used to have of making the trap as you went along. Game play is quick, and enough of the spaces...
Published on 5 Jan 2007 by David B

1.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful concept, so incompetently delivered........
Bought this game hoping my children would enjoy playing it as much as I had enjoyed playing the original and have been so completely disappointed by it.
Published on 8 Sep 2010 by Mrs. Louise Green

1.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful concept, so incompetently delivered........, 8 Sep 2010
Mrs. Louise Green (u.k.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
It is so badly manufactured that almost half of the 'traps' don't work due to inferior materials used to produce them. It claims to be a game targetted towards 6plus year olds but it requires such manual dexterity to construct and set the traps that i think even the finest jeweller or seamstress would struggle to get it prepared. I doubt the bosses at MB have actually bothered to watch children setting up or playing this game. Have never been able to finish a game all the way through. I urge you NOT to part with your money and waste it on such an inferior product - so sad that a concept so wonderful could be delivered so spectacularly badly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mousecrap, 14 Nov 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
Mousetrap - more like mousecrap. The only thing that worked properly was the toilet, and the rest would have gone down ours if it had fit. Great (old) idea, lousy (modern) execution. I would seriously think twice about buying ANY toys from this well-known brand, who should be able to do much better if they really cared to.

2.0 out of 5 stars If it worked properly...., 4 Sep 2008
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
Having had this as a child, I remembered just how over sensitive our trap was. After setting this up - which took quite a while, I was quite impressed at the new traps... the loop and the flushing toilet especially and couldn't wait to play it.
Boy was I disappointed! The ball hasn't enough momentum to EVER go all the way round the loop, and our cage NEVER goes down - even when we hit it, it gets stuck half way. It looks great till u play it.... needs a lot of tweaking by the makers!

1.0 out of 5 stars PIECE OF RUBBISH, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
Having had found memories of this game when i was a kid, I decided to buy this game for an afternoon of fun with my niece(5) and nephew (7) I assured them they were about to play the best game ever. What followed was one of the worst most frustrating and painful few hours i have ever experienced in my life. Setting this game up was a nightmare, honestly 10 times harder than anything I've ever put together from Ikea. it took over an hour and even then it didn't work properly. It just kept falling apart. Every time anyone slightly jogged the table one of the pieces would fall off or the trap was set off and it would take an age to set it up again. I found myself shouting, swearing and losing my temper at the kids every time one of them moved an inch. This is not the fun game i remember'd from my childhood. They changed all the rules and the concept of the game and made it just too fiddley to play. It's hard just to get the mice pieces to stand up cos they're so frickin tall , what happened to the flat mice from the old game??? by the time everything was set up i was in such a bad mood and sweating it just wasn't fun and the kids just lost interest very quickly. The best part of the game was just smashing it to pieces and putting it all in a black bin liner and into the trash.
AVOID,AVOID , AVOID I'd rather stick hot needles into my eyes than play this again!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable and disappointing, 6 Jan 2008
M. Cochrane - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
This game is very unreliable. There's a trap which requires a ball to do a loop-the-loop, and predictably the ball loses momentum before reaching the end to trigger the trap. Many parts are made of cardboard rather than plastic, and it's hit and miss whether any of the traps actually work correctly. Don't waste your money on this game. I haven't - I'm taking mine back to the shop I bought it from.

2.0 out of 5 stars a new incarnation..., 25 Mar 2008
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
Initially I was very impressed with the new version; the three different traps get set off throughout the game which makes it more interesting, and it seemed pretty sturdy and a big improvement on the old version. But one piece arrived with a broken hinge which was irritating; also like another reviewer the loop the loop section didn't work, the ball just didn't have enough momentum. Unless I'm doing something seriously wrong this is a pretty major design flaw. As there is no help or support number to call this one is going straight back to the shop; shame, if it worked properly it would be a great game.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad design makes for disappointment, 8 Nov 2008
Carol May "carolkafka" (France Paris) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
Same as the others on the page - the traps don't work!! We bought this for my 6 year old as the big birthday present and after 1 hour of fiddling with the cage (which gets stuck) and never seeing the loop-the-loop work, I am putting this in the closet with the other cheap plastic games. A disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what it used to be!, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
Now I know nothing stays the same and things change, but I was hoping my children would have as much fun playing mouse trap as I did when I was a kid back in the 80's. I wish I would have read the reviews of this game, but I didn't; more the fool me! Mousetrap has changed so much and not for the better! It seems whoever designed and approved the design of this game must not be the smartest of people! First of all the toilet is screwed on to the plastic so it can't come apart and is heavy, but it sits on top of folded cardboard that come apart when you pick it up! I mean who would come up with that. My youngest daughter who is 2 put a piece of cheese in the toilet and when we tried to get it out, it got stuck and there it still remains. The entire set up is help together with rubber bands that are too big and don't do what its supposed to. there is also a huge gap between the loop-de-loop where the ball is supposed to go through, but the gap is too big so the ball doesn't actually do anything other than fall down. I thought I did it wrong, but how the pieces fit into the board won't allow me to get the pieces any closer. All in all I would say DON'T buy this game, spend the money on something else!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
I bought this board game and as soon as we set it up something snapped and it doesn't work now so don't get it

1.0 out of 5 stars Shambles, 3 Jan 2012
P. Morse "Crazy Horse" (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
After taking 30 minutes to assemble and set the traps, three of us sat down to play. The first time we had to 'flush the toilet' everything went well and the trap went off. The five and six year old that were playing loved the trap throwing a mouse in the air.

Two minutes later we had to set another random trap off. It didn't work. Neither did the next one. So I set about checking each one and the fact is that the game doesn't work. There is no margin for the slightest misplacement of the traps and even when set up exactly the way they should be it's hit and miss as to whether they work.

Complete waste of money.