5.0 out of 5 stars Just my style

Published on 26 Dec 2005 by Mrs. L. Macleod

5.0 out of 5 stars Just my style, 9 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
I had actually played this version at a friends house and bought it because playing the original version was just a little too hard. The original version drags out for a long time if the questions are not great. This family version is ideal for a more relaxed game. We play it by going round the board answering the kids questions (cos they are not exactly for kids) and for a piece of pie we used the adult questions. Much better, and more fun. Feels much more satisfying when you get around the board answering questions than just dodging them all the time.
But for a famliy version, the questions were fairly hard for the kids, in that respect, it was not great. More for adults who weren't born to attend the NASA programme.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 26 Dec 2005
Mrs. L. Macleod "laurmurf" (York, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
I bought this for a big family with range of ages. When we'd played an older version the kids cards were much easier and had multiple choice options - this allowed 9 year olds to play against mum and dad. This version, however, doesn't offer multiple choice and the 'kids' questions (specified for under 14-year olds) are just too hard! My 12 and 14 year olds can't answer them, much less the 10 year olds. Very disappointing Christmas evening trying to play this and kids getting frustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
Kids absolutely love it x my 9 year old daughter wants to play all the time x really great family fun x

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Fun and learn as well, 13 Dec 2011
Mr. A. J. Scholey (Wakefield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
As a family with two children aged 10 and 12, we are always looking for games we can play together. This one is great and challenging. If there was a downside to this shopping experience it is that the playing pieces supplied in the small plastic bag were not correctly packed and we are missing an orange counter and some of the smaller coloured wedges are incorrect with too many of some colours and not enough of other colours should 6 people play, so attention to detail lacking when it was packed maybe!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 4 Jan 2006
By A Customer
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
As a trivial pursuit fan I was looking forward to being able to play with all ages, and I have to say the questions worked well with a 10 year old, but there were nowhere near enough questions - we had questions twice just in our first game - extremely frustrating and very disappointing. 200 cards each of adult/child is obviously nowhere near enough, and this is not a cheap version either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets kids thinking while playing!, 3 Mar 2009
Mrs Mom "Mrs Mom" (Nottinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
We bought this game on a whim with some leftover Christmas money. Well it turned out to be money Very well spent. My children (aged 8 & 10) adore this game and would play everyday time permitting - that says alot since it means they would choose a game of this instead of playing with the Wii or DS. It's great for adults too, since I've had to clear out a few cobwebs where my school learning is stored to answer a few questions!

I suppose the best thing about this family game is that there are 2 sets of question cards. It gives the kids something to strive for - answering questions off the older age targeted questions is something they're well aware is something worth working towards.

All in all, a great family game!!

5.0 out of 5 stars D, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
Great selection of questions and modern too! My sister is 11 she uses the kids cards and find them fine and the rest of us 19-52 all find the adult questions sometimes tricky but fun :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful version, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
This is a terrible version of Trivial Pursuit. Claiming it is for the family is generous to say the least.
Every square is a wedge space and means play is over in such a short amount of time.
This should be labelled as a kids version only.
Adult card questions are ridiculously easy and no challenge whatsoever.
Expected a lot better and was severely disappointed.
Returned the item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family game, 13 Jan 2010
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
The family thoroughly enjoyed playing this game on Christmas and Boxing Day afternoon. The age range that played were from 12 to 65 and it was interesting to find out things you never knew. The company that provided us with this product were very efficient and ensured that it arrived in time for Christmas.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hugely disappointed trivial pursuit fan, 5 Feb 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Trivial Pursuit Family Edition (Toy)
My parents had a version of trivial pursuit from the 1980s, and my whole family, including me and my sisters (we are aged 22, 19 and 17) recently got into playing it. But obviously with the older version, there are a lot of questions we struggle with due to the era in which sections like 'entertainment' are based. I recently purchased this one in the hope that we would all have a fairer chance, as there'd be a real mixture of references. Problem is that so many of the questions are worded so vaguely as to not even be able to work out what it is the question is asking you. I had to constantly re-word questions because they were grammatically incorrect, or completely incomprehensible. Some even had the wrong answers. I asked my David Beckham fan boyfriend the question, 'what is the first name of David Beckham's third son?' to which he replied, quite rightly (we looked it up later just to double check), 'Cruz'. The answer on the card was completely wrong as it said 'Romeo', who is in fact Beckham's second son. So that lead us to thinking if there were other questions that had wrong answers. Anyway, suffice to say I am incredibly disappointed, and look forward to Hasbro hopefully bringing out a set of modern questions that don't sound as if they've been written by a fool.

Trivial Pursuit Family Edition   Board Game