5.0 out of 5 stars Pass me a tissue please
I bought this DVD not because I am a die hard romantic and love slushy sentimentality, but simply because it was selling cheap in a local supermarket. I usually love watching action films and thrillers, so as you can imagine romance is not big on my 'must see films' list. After a rubbish Saturday night TV I decided to pop 'The Notebook' on thinking it would be a pleasant...
Published on 15 Oct 2006 by Ms. Rj Edwards

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost like watching two completely different films
I would not imagine the young male character would turn into such a caring older character who was utterly devoted to his wife - in sickness and in health. The young man in my opinion, would never have turned into this older man - he would probably have got fed up with his young bride years ago - they both seemed so hot-headed in their youth and all the young woman...
Published 13 months ago by jackson

‹ Previous | 156 57 5864 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a must see movie, 17 May 2005
M R CALABRIN (st peter port, GUERNSEY United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
my god, this movie has moved me so much...in a society where people betray each other , this is a story which incites you to Love. Ryan Gosling is just a marvellous actor and i must admit i wished to be Allie when she was younger; he is so cute!
It is so good to have a good cry for a story which ends well. I did not cry for a movie as much since Titanic!
Try it, even my boyfriend who absolutely hates tearjeckers and soapy movies, really liked it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug 2014
Best ever story

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 July 2014
Loved it. !!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars The Notebook starring rachel mcadams and ryan gosling, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
A romantic drama, set in the early to mid 20th century. Follows the journey of two young people from opposite backgrounds. You might like The Vow, About Time, The Piano, The Butterfly Effect. A touching ending. See the other reviews. Good soundtrack. Special features include deleted scenes, commentary, documentaries, casting and trailer. It's based on a best selling novel. I'm selling my copy on ebay (mrkish09).

3.0 out of 5 stars Utterly predictable.............., 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
..........like many Hollywood attempts at serious love stories. Strayed into the absurd at times. Could have been made so much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, but not brilliant, 23 July 2013
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
Not my genre but my wife likes them so I took one for the team and watched it with her. Pleasantly surprised I actually quite enjoyed it. James Garner is pure class, but I'm not sure what all the fuss is about Ryan Gosling, he just seemed a bit wooden and one dimensional. Allie played by Rachel Mcadams is also quite annoying with her juvenile rich-girl petulance, I found her rather grating. Allies hard nosed mother however was a fairly interesting character with her own, albeit minor, sub-story.

The story flows quite slowly but has just about enough to keep you interested, but for such young people they did seem to be overly serious about relationships. It's easy to guess the storyline early on, but that didn't take anything away from the film for me. The story switches from past to present throughout and is beautifully shot, but to me the past and the present felt somewhat disconnected and you cannot quite imagine the hot-headed, self absorbed young couple becoming the devoted and dignified older couple. The notebook is a proper tear-jerking chick flick, and although a bit overly sentimental and actually very sad, it is quite good. Keep the tissues close by...

5.0 out of 5 stars Weepy film, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this at Christmas for my teenage daughter (her request) as she was desperate to see it, but she tells me that her friends have watched and told her it is very weepy so she doesn't want to watch it at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
Sometimes in our lives we forget about things when we were younger, the notebook is a love story that reminisces nice movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars emotional sabotage, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
This movie is plain and simple emotional sabotage. If you dont get at least teary eyed you are a certified sociopath. hahahhhahaha Regardless its a typical chick flick

5.0 out of 5 stars Best romantic film I have ever seen., 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Notebook [DVD] (DVD)
Amazing!! you will cry. I thought I couldn't feel so many emotions in one film. I loved this movie so much.

‹ Previous | 156 57 5864 | Next ›

The Notebook [DVD]
The Notebook [DVD] by Nick Cassavetes (DVD - 2005)
3.92