5.0 out of 5 stars A classic comedy that still feels Fresh!
I've waited so long for this to come out on DVD and bought this on the day of release. I have loved the show for many years often watching repeats constantly aired on TV. I never could work out how I found the jokes so funny even though I could virtually recite every line. It's one of those rare programs that never loses its appeal.
It's a show that isn't afraid...
Published on 13 April 2005 by The Fault

3.0 out of 5 stars one of a set
this again,will be a gift but as its on tv constantly not sure its worth buying the whole set-its available as WHOLE series at an expensive price-or in smaller series chunks,like this,but you could add to it,or just watch rest on replays on tv!
Published on 9 Dec. 2012 by tomsmum2

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic comedy that still feels Fresh!, 13 April 2005
The Fault - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air - The Complete First Series [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
It's a show that isn't afraid to poke fun at itself and rarely takes itself seriously. Having said that, there is usually a moral at the end of every story and this is drilled into the audience. That's the only time it even remotely takes itself seriously.
The actors appear to be having great fun playing their characters and every character has their place in the show adding to the comedy. Will and Carlton are my personal favourites but they only would be half as funny without the rest of the family to gel the whole thing together.
There are also a number of cameo roles littered throughout the first season ranging from Quincey Jones to Queen Latifah and even Evander Holyfield.
There is little in the way of extras here. The only extra you get is a brief 10 or 15 minute look back at the first series featuring comments from some of the actors (though Will Smith is absent among others). What you do get is 25 brilliant episodes of arguably the best comedy of the 90s all spread onto 5 discs.
So thats the first of the 6 seasons brought to DVD. I for one hope they bring out the rest of the seasons as I'll be sure to snap them up the first chance I get. Fresh Prince of Bel Air is a show that can easily be watched over and over again. I would recommend this to anyone with a sense of humour. And if you dont have a sense a humour? Well, this could be the perfect opportunity to develop one!
One word to sum up: Unmissable!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Do This To Me?????, 17 Mar. 2005
Ahhh, I've just spent ages recording this show off TV and have now a total of 17 videos worth of recorded episodes. But hey I'm also chuffed, I've always mentioned to friends that this should have been on DVD and finally dreams do come true.
This show means alot to me, I grew up with this show during my middle school days and even today at the age of 23 I still find myself laughing in hysterics! I love The Fresh Prince, it is and will always will be the funniest TV show of all time. Will Smith is always on top form but whats equally great is that so are the other characters. My fave - Uncle Phil.
I just hope that the next DVDs will be arriving VERY quickly. Woo-hoo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Mar. 2011
The DVD arrived promptly and in great condition.
I've thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to catch up with an old favourite series.
It was my first purchase on amazon, and I was suprised at its ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Smith At His Best, Worth The Wait, 5 Dec. 2004
This DVD is the complete series one of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. This is Will Smith at his best. The Fresh Prince was a big stepping stone to Will Smith's sucess in the movie world. Like everyone I don't know why it took so long to be released, and if they had released this in time before christmas, I beleive this would for sure be in the top three DVD's. If you are a big fan of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, reserve your copy now. Lets hope that they bring out the next seasons a lot quickier.
The Fresh Prince is Number One.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a 90's teen, 22 Nov. 2013
N. Mitchell (UK) - See all my reviews
Great to re-watch this series, very funny and witty, Will Smith and indeed the whole cast are great.

My son (15yo) actually asked for this box set as he got into it too; he really enjoyed it and wants the whole series now!

Great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, 23 Nov. 2013
I loved the TV series and so took the opporunity to purchse the whole series. No dissapointment here. This will give hours of laughter. Good purchase, it arrived in good time and in prestine condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars FRESH PRINCE IS AMAZING, 13 Oct. 2010
I WATCHED THIS AS A KID..AND IT STILL NEVER GETS OLD IT CAME ON TIME. IVE WATCHED THEM ALL
WILL SMITH IS ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS EVER!! HIS JOKES TO UNCLE PHIL ARE LEGEND
A MUST BUY! 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Missed 23 years of The Fresh Prince!, 28 Nov. 2012
Back when The Fresh Prince of Bel Air followed The Simpsons on BBC 2 in the evening, I never really got into it. Every episode was a repeat and I knew of Will Smith only from Men in Black. It was only after finding the 'Carlton Dance' video online that I decided to buy the full series and it was possibly the BEST decision of my DVD life!

The first 2 episodes in particular are hilarious and DJ Jazzy Jeff's recurring exit from the Banks' house never fails to get a laugh. I've never wanted to recommend a sitcom so much!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh prince season one, 31 Oct. 2013
I love the fresh prince and this boxset is true genius. The episodes are really fun and enjoyable. But the seller I purchased it from sold it to me with a broken box and scratches when it was meant to be in 'very good' condition. Actual DVDs and episodes are really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 2 April 2012
A brilliant dvd compiling the entire first season, I love the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, a brilliant old school comedy featuring my favourite actor. It never fails to make me laugh and the 25 episodes on 5 discs is enough to meet anyone's needs. Can't recommend enough.

The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air - The Complete First Series [DVD] [2005]