5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Film
These films are so good its almost unbeleivable to me how I hadn't seen them before I saw them today. They capture a sense of how men and women relate when they click together: that wonderful moment not of sexual satisfaction but when mentality, personality and appearance mesh together into one mix, when you find that someone is a friend and something more drifts in the...
Published on 2 May 2006 by Henry Ireton

1.0 out of 5 stars Just awful
I bought these two films on the strength of their reviews. I had just watched a film with a slightly similar plot that was shown on the BBC earlier in the year (2014), whose title I have sadly forgotten. I really liked this film and because I had not heard of it, decided to check out its reviews. These were good and several reviewers recommended Before Sunrise and Before...
Published 27 days ago by Freddy

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
I prefer Before Sunset to Before Sunrise, but they are both interesting poignant films. The earlier film is less mainstream, but the characters are less developed in my view (both because they are younger and in terms of the screenplay). I think both films are worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these films!, 27 May 2012
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
Great films, I'd watched the first film and couldn't wait to see the second, so thanks to fast delivery (thank you thank you thank you!) I was able to watch the second film very soon after! Packaging was good, the celophane that wrapped the dvds was slightly torn, but who cares when the plan was to rip it open anyway to watch it?! :) very happy, dvd's are in good working order too - No scratches :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
This boxset is absolutely brilliant. I had seen Before Sunset before and loved it, but didnt know that there was a film that came before it. After seeing both films, I would recommend this boxset to almost anybody, you wont be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars unusual, 28 Jun 2011
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
It took some time to get used to Before Sunrise and realise that the film essentially has just 2 people in it. The 2 people inter-relate so effectively though that they do not seem to be acting. The manner of their meeting and their natural inter-play is the making of the film. Before Sunset picks up the threads and the natural interplay continues. Excellent movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these two movies., 16 Mar 2011
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
I like how each movie shows so much love and how one can meet someone who can be your soul mate and fall in love in just one night. I like that the movies show the year gap in the story. Most squeals would start off of when they were suppose to originally meet but i like how this one didn't and I love and yet hate the cliff hanger ending at the end of both movies but it will give one hope that maybe there will be another movie to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent, beautiful, intelligent. These films are put together with subtle style and personal direction, with great dialogue, believable characters, and Vienna and Paris as locations you cant go wrong.
Ones to watch again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought it, 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
I'd heard about these films and was intrigued to find out why the ratings were so high. Not quite Hollywood and I prefer Before Sunset of the two... anyway it's a box-set and for the price and storyline, is a great thing to have in the girlie-romance section of my DVD collection. Glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain not to be missed!, 13 Mar 2008
Rik P "Rik P" (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
To have both of these films on offer for under a fiver is a real bargain! Whilst I know there are those who find the premise of the movies lacking credibility, I found them to be charming and the performance of Julie Delpy in both films is an absolute treat! There was some disquiet at the ending of the second movie, but the optimists will believe that the couple were about to embark on a journey of discovery.

For two films that consist basically of intense dialogue between 2 characters, your attention is held throughout and this is a tremendous achievement. The films are nicely photographed with Vienna and Paris (in particular) making pleasant back drops. A great advert for small independent movies and I'd recommend this set to anyone to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Before Sunrise/Before Sunset Box Set Review, 7 Jan 2010
Emily Ward (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
I loved these two films and would recommend them to anyone who loves romantics, and appreciates realistic endings to love stories, not your general happily ever after.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] (DVD)
Had watched the latest film on Sky Go (and loved Boyhood) so it was good to see how the characters had developed. Ethan Hawke fabulous.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 | Next ›

Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD]
Before Sunrise / Before Sunset [DVD] by Richard Linklater (DVD - 2009)