4.0 out of 5 stars Star Trek: "In the Beginning..."
I've been a fan of Star Trek since the early 80's, back when BBC2 began showing the Original at 6pm but doubt many were ever really that aware of Enterprise, because Channel 4 gave it such a low profile. In some respects it came too soon. Hot on the heels of Voyager, TV was saturated with the likes of Picard, Sisko and Janeway, all running around in 24th Century shows,...
Published on 10 July 2009 by Christopher Pike

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea except for the signature tune
Star Trek - Enterprise - Series 1 - Complete (Slimline Edition) [DVD]

Being a fan of Star Trek universe, the idea of prequel didn't fill me with enthusiasm. What is it with America studios they either go with the prequel or "Young teens Academy". Something I have a pet hate for, a word comes to mind for this sort of thinking but lets just say once load a of...
Published on 21 Aug 2011 by j brooman

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Enterprise, 16 Feb 2005
This review is from: Star Trek: Enterprise - Season 1 [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
If you haven't seen any of these episodes yet and you liked Voyager and Next Gen' then you will surely love Enterprise. I certainly do! It's a good mix of old Fashioned Kirk-ism's with all the fascinating twists and imagery of Voyager. Are you prepared to venture into the past of this new age, lol............enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars I think all trekkies, 23 April 2013
Terence Beyer (France) - See all my reviews
should realise how important this series is. It show lots of the stories talked about in the Kirk series and brings them all to life and also helps you understand the on going plots. Its allot better than I thought when I first saw The Enterprise in the Borg set thant I bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars STAR TREK ENTERPRISE, 8 Jun 2012
Being a fan of the original Star Trek series and not being too impressed with TNG, DS9 or Voyager, I had not bothered watching the Enterprise series when it was originally on TV. Then for some reason I decided to take a look at this DVD series. I have found this series to be very good, in fact I now prefer it to the original series. To my mind it is like the science fiction that I grew up with in the sixties when space flight was still very much in its infancy.

I like the fact that the Enterprise crew was established at the beginning of the series and have really enjoyed their pioneering adventures.

Some of the DVDs contain special features which I have also found to be good.

Having enjoyed this series I have bought the remaining three series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb addition to the franchise, 6 Jun 2012
Mole "Mole" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Enterprise is set almost 100 years after the events of the "TNG" film "First Contact". Following Cochrane's initial warp flight, the human race have come a long way; eliminating war, poverty, and building their own warp powered engines. Jonathon Archer is to be the captain of the first starship capable of flight at warp 5 and will begin the process of "going boldly" to seek out new civilisations and new life forms.

Archer and his crew are eager to explore and meet new people; the metaphor with his pet beagle, anxious to make friends with everyone they meet is blindingly obvious. However, they begin to realise that perhaps the Vulcans had held them back for a reason; the Galaxy is a dangerous place, filled with other species that are not that friendly and with dangers that they cannot begin to imagine. The further they go, the more they realise just how unprepared they are.

I found the storylines to be quite superb. Considerable effort has been made to use this new incarnation to provide some background to developments that have been seen in those series set further in the future. Little things such as the start of using transporters, developing force fields, phasers, that would all become a central part of the original series.

Quite simply, only Scott Bakula could have played the part of Jonathon Archer. He has the gravitas needed to make the character fully believable and he can move from being a true explorer amazed by some new discovery to someone defending his crew against the most hostile enemy.

I was astonished to hear that so many people didn't like the new incarnation of Star Trek. For me, the series was quite superb and a worthy addition to the overall franchise. This is a box set that I will want to watch over and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Underrated Series., 2 Mar 2012
I don't normally write reviews (too busy watching Star Trek) and will leave the finer details to the dedicated others. But I really felt compelled to add my positive vote for this one.

I am so glad that I read the reviews and made this purchase. Somehow I had an preconception (from seemingly out of the ether) that Enterprise was a desperate and unworkable attempt at regurgitating an exhausted concept. However, despite T'pol's distracting pout, I believe this is in fact one of the stronger Treks (aw - she's okay really, for a Vulcan.)

The feeling of newness & exploration is exhilarating. Love the titles too. What a shame it got cut short!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated Series, 2 Dec 2010
A show that was never really given a chance. Really fun to watch pre-federation space travel as they weren't yet confined by the rules. Also really happy that the Vulcans got more focus on them. I always liked Spock etc but this series explored Vulcan culture in much more detail. If you like Star Trek, you'll definitely love this, but even if you don't like Trek it's worth a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great delivery, Great DVD Good evenings in viewing..., 10 Oct 2010
I did manage to catch some of this pre-glory-days trek when it first aired and I must say back then I liked it a lot but somehow didn't quite get into the nostalgic spirit of it all; sometimes thinking hey, why didn't they just phaser that or go to warp 9? Of course watching this series again I've enjoyed every minute of it (total sci fi fan and all). And seeing the not so perfect enterprise slogging it out when needs be and needing a little more creative thinking out of their skirmishes.
The first series of enterprise really sets up some great relationships between characters and all those odd lifeforms they stumble accross in their exploration. The slithery sulaban are a great enemy to clash with over and over and the temporal cold war is a great concept too, giving the rougher and readier crew a suitable set of challenges. Not to mention a great cliff hanger at the end.
All in all a first class DVD set and worth a buy, and slim slot on the shelf...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 14 Sep 2010
I must say that even though I managed to watch the Enterprise series in the wrong order, I thoroughly enjoyed this first series, you get to understand a little of who the characters are, and the writers don't give too much of the story away. Enterprise shows the world before Captain Kirk, when humans and Vulcans didnt have the best of relations. The characters a well thought out and they respond in a way that seems real to the audience. Everything isn't all happy go lucky either. All in all I loved it, there were some gritty episodes as well as some down right hilarious ones, with "Unexpected" being my favourite of the latter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Fan, 2 Feb 2009
I. Ramsey (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
If your a fan most likey you'll have seen this already but try watching all of them in as few a sitting a possible. My only regreet is not getting them sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great, 13 July 2009
D. Males (UK) - See all my reviews
If you value well written Star Trek and are interested to go back, in order to go forward then this is for you.
I think most of the main characters play their parts well, and it is interesting to see how the small familiar Trekky things evolve/are introduced eg phasers.
Overall the series has captured the spirit of adventuring into the great unknown that is the warp drive Universe, with all its races and other hidden dangers and delights. This is a combination of being bold(no pun intended) but also being a bit naive as commented upon by our observational character Tupol, who is in the ideal position of being Vulcan as well!
Well worth the money.