5.0 out of 5 stars QUIRKY AND CLEVER! BUY IT!!!, 6 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Tiger, My Friend [VINYL] (Audio CD)
First heard their single 'In My Head' through itune's free download of the week. I was bowled by it! and it grew to much more than a soft spot for this group. I was intrigued, so I decided to get their album (seeing that I'm starting to get sick of the radio and mainstream chart of highly manufactured pop these days). Mind you 'In My Head' is not in this album, but nonetheless I got it anyway. Very clever and quirky use of instruments and composition combined with the breathy vocal, a mixed bag of various elements. Like 'Rear Moth' for instance,it's very ecclectic with subtle sound effects of a rubber ducky on the background mixed with percussions and and other intsrumentation, and it's all done very creatively and tastefully. This is an album of clever unorthodox yet subtle experimentation, a refreshing change to the usual boring stuff you get with mainstream pop. If you're feeling adventurous and tired of the same ol' same ol' then you'd be thrilled to have this album in your collection. I got it when it's first out and I'm still not tired of it, as you seem to discover new things about each tune everytime you listen to it. well worth it! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars That's neat, that's neat, I really love your tiger feet., 28 April 2005
This review is from: Tiger, My Friend [VINYL] (Audio CD)
The muse is a cat. It strolls through a lavish flat and catches a moth, crashing through tin cans on it's way. Sounds strange? That's the picture in the mind's eye for the first five minutes of this fantastic album. It's the musical equivalent to an orgasm (40 minutes long, too!).
This is music to wake up your muse and scream at her; "this is what it's all about!"
Envy at the creative instrumentation and sampling. Dream about the husky singer giving you dirty phone calls at 12:00am and watch your best mate's jaw drop at the most imaginative album to come out in years.
It has squeaky toys, kittens and mutilated guitar samples (to name a few) that make up the pallet of this smooth jazzy piece. It leaves you on a high when you are feeling low. It's a must buy!
I'm off to throw my Korg Triton out the window, milk my cat and buy a toy piano.

Tiger, My Friend [VINYL]
Tiger, My Friend [VINYL] by Psapp (Audio CD - 2004)