on 19 December 2004
I've had several other mp3 players including the Zen touch and other flash based players such as the Creative Muvo and a DMR unit.
I don't think I have ever picked up a piece of consumer electronics that imparted the same feelng of quality and sheer "design" that this Ipod U2 edition does.
I know its shallow but it looks and feels geougeous! The "complete U2" pack I've downloaded is fantastic, especially with the £40 off coupon you get with the player.
Itunes works flawlessly on my Xp pro system and makes buying music online a snap, I have seen the end for high street cd retailers!
The sound is amazing, I can't describe the difference it seems "richer" and "fuller" than the other players, ears are different I guess so that may be subjective.
Using the Ipod is a " no-brainer". Instructions not required!
Interface is a triumph of simplicity, Technology as it should be.
Battery life is fine for me,(I'm getting around 10hrs) I use the ipod to play daily new's papers from audible.com as well as music so the unit sits in its dock, (an extra) overnight anyway.
To sum up: Take it from a veteran of MP3 players, This really is the best! I never go with the crowd usually but I am reallly really impressed!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought a U2 iPod a week ago now, i think it is amazing. I looks good and unique! Its so much better to have a limited edition iPod rather than a boring White one! One thing i would say is, get a cover for it. As i said i have had mine for a week and i walk with it in my pocket, it looks as if it is a year old already, with all the scratches on the front, im slightly annoyed with myself that i didnt get a cover sooner. Apart from that, its amazing!
on 8 January 2005
I was very afraid about buying an ipod as there is some controversy about the reliability of them.
My friends all have ipods they are absoloutally fantastic! Buy 1! Take a loan! Do not get a mini as they are rubbish i have 1200 songs on mine already!OH AND GET THE BLACK 1 NOT THE WHITE 1!
Oh sell your headphones to a sad person who wants to look like they have an ipod and get some sony fontopia headphones!
Finally if you live near milton keynes like me, do not be an idiot and use the belt clip, its not cool it looks sad and you are taking your life in your own hands. It just says steal me! GET A POUCH FOR IT IT WILL GET SCRATCHED. if you can afford the ipod you can afford the case!
on 15 December 2004
Not much to say on the technical stuff as its just a 20gb ipod
I would not load classical music on it as I would never do in any ipod however the sound for other types of music is quite good.
Its well built and sleek and the colour much nicer than the usual white.
It get four stars because of the earphone quality. For such an expensive item Apple could to better than that.
on 9 December 2004
BUY THIS NOW ! Get it because it is LIMITED EDITION and you won't be able to find it anywhere for Christmas of afterwards. Amazon have a waiting timke of 2 weeks for a reason, it is so popular they are sold out everywhere.
It is just the COOLEST iPod ever made, sleek black and free £40 voucher for iTunes to download music...
Get it !
Now !
on 9 April 2005
im a kid (13). i like u2. i like ipods. if you are like me and r into cool stuf that look wickd buy this. i ave a policy 4 ipod minis that i read from the other reviewers. teens-29 year old men have ipods(white or black/red). women have of da same age have ipod minis.
unless you have really old music cd's and new ones then 5000 songs is plenty. if you like u2 then you can use the 425 u2 song coupon (i will) and still have loaaadsss of space left. i can't have ipod mini 1 cos of my policy and 2 on windows media player 10 i havn't downloaded any thing i have 7.19 GB.
buy this if u can afford it/if u use the coupon. if you don't use the coupon then don't get this get the wite 1 like my uncle who's 27. the white 1 is also awesome but don't look as good and u don't get the special feeling that nowing that no1 has this.