5.0 out of 5 stars 20+ years on, it's still going strong.
This model has been around a while, and I bought one over 20 years ago.

Routine wear and immersion in water (salt, fresh and pool) has done nothing except remove the No-Deco limits table printed on the strap - and if you're a diver you'd not want to be relying on that anyway.

Despite much use there are no scratches on the face or the body of the...
Published on 1 Nov 2011 by P. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, -but not at this price!
This is a great watch, but is available elsewhere in Creation for around £50 less from a reputable supplier and delivery in only a few days, so save your money and get Googling!
Published 10 months ago by Gremlin

5.0 out of 5 stars 20+ years on, it's still going strong., 1 Nov 2011
P. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Automatic Gents' 200 Metre Diver Watch (Watch)
This model has been around a while, and I bought one over 20 years ago.

Despite much use there are no scratches on the face or the body of the watch, the strap is still strong with no significant signs of wear and the uni-direction bezel works like new. The hands are still strongly luminous, and it still keeps god time, although it did need a service 10 years ago...

I don't have very big wrists, but this watch doesn't look big on me - even though it is pretty chunky, and can't really be worn under work shirts.

I really can't recommend this watch strongly enough - if you need a 'timeless' divers-style watch - buy this - it'll outlast you!

The only down side is that the day/date text is a bit small and finely printed - so isn't always so easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, brilliant service, 9 Mar 2010
J. Neves (Lisbon, Portugal) - See all my reviews
The watch arrived quickly and with no faults. The automatic mechanism is brilliant. I'm only used to quartz watches and this is a welcome change. Very little variation, although not as accurate as a quartz piece. Sturdy construction (much better than my previous Seiko Flightmaster) and the plastic band is quite good. The numbers on the side wear out quickly, but the worn look is nice. I'd recommend it to anyone who would like a first automatic watch but doesn't want to spend much money.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite watch!, 9 Dec 2009
RM "kutusov" (Porto, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This Citizen Promaster is an automatic 21 jewels self winding watch with a mineral crystal glass. It has an 8 o'clock crown, so not to rub on a diving suit but it means it also will not rub your skin.

It's very well built and it looks great although this is a matter of taste. To me, this is the most beautiful divers watch I know. I like it even better than the Omegas or Rolex Submariners.

Some people complain about the band and I was surprised how comfortable it is after receiving mine. It has a velvet-like feel to it and the side that comes in contact with your skin has what seams to be a silicone coating that makes it especially comfortable.

The watches movement is a Miyota 8203, which is regarded as highly reliable and accurate for a mechanical watch. The good thing about being mechanical is that you don't have to open it to change batteries and lose a little bit of imperviousness to water each time you do. Some may argue that the new solar powered watches are more practical and I won't argue with that, but this is what a watch has been form many decades. And being a 21 jewels movement, it doesn't get much better than this.

The big competitor for this watch is the Seiko SKXOO7 and several reviews can't agree on which one is better. In my opinion, two facts tip the scale for the Citizen: it costs a lot less and you can wind it by hand and that means you don't have to wear it everyday or let it stop. On the subjective side, I think the Citizen also looks better and wears on the wrist a lot better too, being not so tall as the Seiko.

The luminescence is great, very bright for 4 or 5 hours in the dark.

As far as I know, this watch is no longer on the Citizen catalogue, so I believe these are the last new units for sale. It's a classic watch, higly regarded by collectors, so I think this is also a good investment, I bet it's going to be worth something 10 years from now.

What else can I say... get one while you can, you just can't go wrong with this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great time keeping and service, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Citizen Automatic Gents' 200 Metre Diver Watch (Watch)
I've been very impressed with this watch, which I purchased as a day-to-day alternative to an Omega De Ville Coaxial. The Omega's calibre 2628 movement is COSC certified, but the Citizen seems to keep time almost as well.

There have been one or two niggles; firstly, I find that the bezel rotates quite freely, and on one occasion moved whilst I have been timing something which was frustrating. The second is that screwing in the crown can be a tad awkward as the spring is quite strong. I made a mistake in this respect, when I ended up simply winding the watch instead of screwing in the crown- despite thinking that I was applying enough pressure. The upshot was that moisture got into the watch when I next got it wet and formed condensation on the crystal... which brings me to Citizen's customer service, which was excellent.

I visited their web site, found the UK service centre and followed the instructions to send the watch in. I had a quick chat with a gentleman on the phone during which I outlined my stupidity, and included a very short covering letter when I posted the watch. It was returned within 48-hours later without any hint of condensation. No charges, other than the cost of posting it to them. Well done to Citizen and their UK service centre, this level of customer service exceeded my expectations.

Back to the watch, and despite the minor niggles that I mentioned above, I find that I am liking it more each day. It's a very easy watch to live with - it's not overly obtrusive like some larger divers can be, the position of the crown is great for anyone that is active (I cycle a lot and am glad to wear something that doesn't dig into my wrist) the face is clear and uncluttered, and the lume is good at night. It's also seriously good value for an ISO 6425 certified dive watch, and I look forward to using it for its intended use next time I get a chance to go diving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than good, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Citizen Automatic Gents' 200 Metre Diver Watch (Watch)
Citizen automatic 200m on 'rubber'
I love this watch. I have many.....this is not only my favourite but one of the best investments I've ever made.

Bit OTT you may say so bear with me:

1. It looks cool. Not an hommage to a Rolex nor trying too hard to be original. It's not too big nor too small but sits on the wrist just right. A crown at 8 o'clock adds to this originality.

2. The function and practacality of this thing is legendary at least in my world. I do a real job involving power tools and hammers and stuff and then go diving for shellfish after dark. After 3 months this watch shows no signs of wear or tear. No scratches visible to NE on either body or crystal. It's even stood up to several 40 ft cliff jumps into the ocean without missing a beat.

3. Time keeping is excellent. I wear a number of different watches at weekends but my Citizen is my day2day watch and it keeps great time. I don't do quartz, only automatics, and this baby is as good, if not better than a Rolex.

4. Living with it. So easy. Smash it around on your wrist all day without a second thought whether above or below the surface no problems whatsoever.

Should I buy it?

Why yes kind friend. But do it soon cos it's no longer produced so is going up in price by the day.

Hope you enjoyed my review and found it useful.
Wrighty

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This One, 15 Nov 2012
T. Jackson (Ayrshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Automatic Gents' 200 Metre Diver Watch (Watch)
I ordered a Seiko chrono from Amazon (also a divers 200m ). I didn't notice that the delivery time was a month away as it was being delivered from Singapore. I got fed up waiting so bought this from a local jewellers i have many watches from an old Omega wind up to a Citizen titanium Navihawk which I love. This watch is an ideal size, not massive and not too small either. It's beautifully made and accurate and much lighter than my Citizen Aqualand (18 years old and still going). Citizen make good watches and I've never been tempted to go for Rolex or Omegas as I don't see the need when the Japanese make such good products. The seiko has now arrived but though it's a really nice chrono, guess which one I'm wearing most. Yep! the Citizen divers. I can't fault it and love the way it looks and feels on the wrist. It seems as tough as old boots too. A great buy at this price, go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch - highly recommended, 7 Dec 2010
For me, watches need to do three things:
1. Be analogue with a sweeping second hand;
2. Be hard-wearing and reliable;
3. Look good.

This watch delivers. Mine is accurate to a couple of seconds per day thanks to its superior Japanese engineering - Citizen's watch movement division, Miyota makes the hacking movement. I never worry about the bath, shower or pool and the watch comes with a five year guarantee from the manufacturer. It looks great. I replaced the band with a stainless steel bracelet.

I still don't understand why this watch is so cheap. It represents fantastic value and a much better buy than any similarly-priced Timex or other 'fake' brand watch. I can't understand why people would buy an eco-drive or kinetic over this either.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five star product at two star prices, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: Citizen Automatic Gents' 200 Metre Diver Watch (Watch)
This watch has out shone all expectations. I bought it to use as a Day 2 Day watch instaed of my Tag/Heuer and it keeps very good time for an automatic, more accurate than my Tag it seems, however the tag loses 1.5 minutes a day and has since new some 25/30 years. The citizen although chunky does its job very well, it is simple in design yet modern in look appealing to the modern athletic man who is an avid sports minded person. The only slight fault is the winder lock takes some locking but once locked very solid. It is a shame that the production has ended as for me mechanical watches will always out last Quartz or solar power, accuracy in these may be better but life is not so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like ??, 30 April 2011
If you are a watch aficionado you will love this watch,if you're just looking for a cheap,sturdy and practical watch to destroy during your daily use you will love it anyway. But don't worry,it will really takes some incredible effort to put this watch out of order.
What's not to like ??? Automatic caliber that keeps an amazing time( my Rolex gets + 3 secs a day while this baby is now still spot on after 5 days of use). 200mt WR with screw down crown makes it a perfect watch for all your waterish activities.With it's diver's look this one really is one watch for the seas,but the complete date makes it a perfect companion for the office aswell. Easy to turn bezel,black lacquered dial Rolex style and extremely comfy on the wrist. Sure you don't get the same lumen as it's Seikos counterparts but this lumen last well for the whole night and it's pretty much sensitive to all kind of light sources.
One complaint? At first I've thought I've got myself a watch for those left handed folks given the position of the crown but the watch actually comes in this style. I would have preferred the usual right side crown but it's a small price to pay for the years of good service this watch will provide.
Go for it,I've bought it during a day of shopping spree with my wife while I was bored and ended up loving it a lot more than ALL my other timepieces,Rolex and IWC included.

5.0 out of 5 stars only recently purchased, 7 Jun 2013
Mr. William Cowan "Willie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Automatic Gents' 200 Metre Diver Watch (Watch)
I bought the citizens 200m divers watch because I had always wanted a diver style watch, even though I don't dive. I had looked at Omega Seamaster but felt I couldn't justify paying all that money for a watch.
The choice then came down to the Citzen or the Seiko 007 divers watch. I was wanting a watch with a bracelet and will probably buy one for this at some point but for the moment I'm quite happy with the rubber strap that came with the watch. I chose the Citizen over the Seiko because the supplier that was selling the Seiko was temporarily out of stock when I was about to purchase and I'd also read reviews that the Seiko had a 'taller' profile than the Citizen and as I don't have massive wrists wanted something a little less in your face. The citizen is a perfect size for me and doesn't look like a kitchen clock sitting on my wrists but is still imposing enough to look good.
I have only had it for about 10 days now and I'm very happy with it. It is a solid enough construction and feels really well built. The movement is nice to watch and second hand sweeps around the face with constant precision. The uni-directional bezel has a solid click action and isn't too loose. The luminous 'dots' on the hands and hour markings are big and bright enough when in a darkened room, so I'm assuming they will be even better for someone who is using it for diving. Watch was easy to set and screw down crown worked a treat.
I am very happy with this watch and would recommend it anyone who wants to buy a quality divers watch without breaking the bank