on 16 May 2001
From all-day breakfast to slow-cook weekends, this book is a must.
on 25 October 2002
I liked the structure of the book, the "All Day Breakfast", "Temple Food" and "Slow Cook Weekend" seemed promising and made a change from other cookbooks. I was looking forward to find menu suggestions with various options but there were too few ideas and too few easily cookable things. The menu recommendations haven't got enough "welly" to feed that many guests and it wouldn't have been too difficult to add some sides, simple salads, references to elsewhere in the book or accompaniment suggestions.
Having said that, I've made the Vietnamese Chicken and Mint salad to appreciative response on numerous occasions and with much searching have found a few other things I would like to try but too much I don't want to bother with.
on 9 June 2001
The coconut cake went down a treat at work even the most hardened staff thought it was really good, one worker had two pieces on her plate at once. The lemon cake was yummy! and not too sickly sweet the lemon tang conteracted the icing sugar. Peanut biscuits divine, I am curious about the Cola cake and intend trying that next. It takes me forever to convert from metric to imperial (my scales are the old balance scales pounds and ounces) my brain will not cope with grams, mls etc. Well done Nigella. You are a real womens cook, cream, butter and chocolate in abundance......
on 2 December 2014
wish I could cook.
on 26 October 2009
To be honest I don't actually own this cookbook but that will soon change. It is currently on loan from the library and can say it is fantastic. I find Nigella so charming with her little introduction to each recipe. I just wish there was more content as I find the NOTE pages to be just a filler for the book and quite unneccesary.

So far I have tried..

Pasta with meatballs- These were fantastic! So yummy and when Nigella says the ball rolling is quite relaxing I have to agree

Pasta e Fagioli- This should of been great but it wasn't... She states to put the beans in a large pan and fill generously with water. The result was a watery mess which tasted of nothing due to the large water content. On looking up the TV series for 'Nigella Bites' to see what had went wrong she only adds a bit of water. I prefer exact measurements in recipes.

Bitter Orange Ice Cream- So simple to make althougth it didn't taste like ice cream it was delicious!

Chocolate Pots- Obviously not the most healthy option but so yummy and easy to make

Creamy Potato Gratin- Not for the impatient or the hungry but delicious

Easy Sticky Toffee Pudding- Didn't taste exactly like sticky toffee pudding but was still good however next time I would add less water so the 'sauce' was less watery

I'm also looking forward to making the Ham in Coca Cola near Christmas and hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Oh the book also features photos galore which is good if like me you like to see what the finished result will look like

A great book I will surely use a lot but it gets a 4 star as I wish it had more recipes!
on 27 May 2001
Another great book. I love food and with books like this it is no wonder why! Of course, there is the great dilemma - I was always torn between my love of food and trying not to turn into the Michelin woman! But thanks to Nigella, who recommended Dr Atkins' "New Diet Revolution", and another book "Let The Energy Flow" I can enjoy my food and keep my weight down. Nigella is a marvel!
on 12 May 2015
Love this book
on 8 June 2001
I really do recommend you buy nigella bites, because her food is simply mouth watering and 'YUMMY'. Nigella cooks not because she has to but because she really does have a passion about cooking.When you read her book you will find that nigella is not only very beautiful person but very intelligent and down to earth. I am very much looking forward to Nigella's next book.
on 13 September 2014