5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a toughie but really fun!
Published on 16 Jun 2006 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars A DVD for you're slim already
I recently bought Davina's Superbody DVDDavina - Super Body Workout [DVD] [2008] and was really very impressed. I had tried the Natalie Cassidy and Charlie Brooks DVDs with the trainer Dee Thresher and I found these excellent as starting points for losing the initial weight and returning to better fitness levels. However, I found that after a couple of months I had...
Published on 11 Dec 2009 by E. Gilks

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a toughie but really fun!, 16 Jun 2006
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
This is one of my favourite workout DVDs, as it really works up a sweat to the point that I get beads of sweat running down my face 30 minutes into the workout - and none of the other 10 fitness DVDs which I own do that. And although it is hard work, I really enjoy working out with Davina, she is pleasant and not pushy at all even though she herself does the whole session in advanced mode, and the instructors are very encouraging about slowing down and just walking some sections out if you're tired, often showing an easier version for the less advanced or the very exhausted!

There are nice cardio intervals here inbetween the exercises so you always keep your heart rate up. I loved the leg work on this DVD, most of the exercises in that section are modern versions of squats which combine leg raises and kicks, so its a lot of fun rather than your traditional boring raise and lower your bum squats. I thought the upper body workout was very good too, don't worry if you don't have hand weights, you can use 1 litre water bottles instead. And the nicest thing about this workout is that after doing it, you feel really relaxed and stress-free, and any pangs for chocolate you had before just go away because you don't want to waste an hour of such hard work.

Overall, a tough but effective and enjoyable 60 minutes which I'd recommend to everyone who wants to work up a decent sweat.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best workout video/dvd for the UK market, 12 Mar 2005
O. Abimbola "Fitnik" (St Albans, Herts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I am an advanced exerciser who has, thus far, only ever ordered workouts from the States as they have a wider variety of advanced tapes and DVDs for home use. I took a real chance on this workout following much publicity by Davina after her phenomenal weightloss.
The workout is excellent, thorough, well put together and incredibly effective. You get a lot of "bang for your buck".
There are generally 24 reps of each exercise (3 sets of 8) followed by intermittent cardio intervals to keep your heartrate up in between.
The workout is broken down as follows (and the DVD is "chaptered" in this way):-
1) Warm up (basic standing leg warm up, nothing fancy)
2) Legs and bums (squat/front kick; squat/knee lift; front lunges; squat/elbow to opposite knee; squat/side leg lift; squat/calf raise; side lunges; rear lunges; squat/rear leg lift; box step)
3) Upper body (push ups; bicep curls; tricep overheads; lateral raises; front raises; shoulder press/overheads; chair tricep dips; hammer curls; upright rows; bicep/shoulder press; tricep kickbacks)
4) Abs/floor leg work (basic crunches; bicycle; pulsed crunch; staggered crunch; oblique reaches; leg shoot outs; rear leg lifts; reverse crunches; back extensions; plank (30 secs)
5) Cool down
The music is great. Davina's personlity is fabulous - she's really working hard with you.
I have seen incredible results from these types of workouts ie high rep weight training/ strength work with cardio intervals and this tape is not exception.
BUY IT - worth every penny and your body will be transformed in ways you never thought possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars No gimmicks, just good excercise, 27 July 2005
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
After doing 'Pump It Up' to death and finding Nell McAndrew's Peak Energy a little too military in style, I was in need of a new challenge. After reading the reviews I decided to give Davina's DVD a try, although I'm not a huge fan of hers. I would class myself as moderately fit already, but have always done more cardiac work rather than toning. However, this workout is based around interval training, where you keep you heart rate up with regular minute slots of cardiac work before moving on to more toning. Each section (bum/thighs, upper body, abs) is split by 4 cardiac slots and most of the exercises are in 3 sets of 8 reps. This means that even if you are feeling the burn, you keep motivated because you know it will be over soon! I found both Davina and Jackie very motivating and friendly, and even on the first attempt was able to do the more 'advanced' moves as executed by Davina. Both ladies have normal, attainable body shapes which further helps with the motivation. You will sweat whilst doing this, and at the end you will feel that you've done something good for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Davina power of three, 6 April 2005
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
First excersize DVD ever purchased but it's extremely good. My partner and myself both workout at the gym atleast 5 times each week but still found this workout extremely tough. davina and her two personal trainers talk you and show you through three stages of excersize, first legs and bums, them upper body then finally abs. There are two levels of difficulty you can work with so anyone can start to get fit and see results in next to no time at all. Excellent purchase.!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent allround workout .., 31 Oct 2006
Angel (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I have been practising body pump for the last three years and all it seemed to do for me is bolster up my muscles, so I decided to give this DVD a go - thinking it would be a piece of cake to do .. NOT!!! It is absolutely excellent - it works all the right places and does the cardio as well - I find the DVD itself is great - it is not serious or egotistical and it is fun (although I really, really ached the first two times I did it - I could not walk down stairs properly!!!!)

I highly recommend it - it is no push over for a work out and I actually look forward to exercising now!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect if you are aiming to just slim down, 14 Jun 2006
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
i have recently put a few pounds on, i am in fairly good shape but i needed something to shed the pounds with. i had never treid a home exercise dvd before. im so gald a started with this one, it really gives you a total body workout. during the fist week i couldnt move becausse i was so sore! fantastic! over the weeks im no longer stiff but i can still fell that im working my body hard i dont even have to do the whole dvd. i have more energy and after only a week and a half my jeans are feeling a wee bit lax. the instructions are very easy to follow and the instructors are very proffesional but fun as well. highly recommend it! worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars Davina: Power of 3, 3 Jan 2005
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I am not a gym freak and I have never owned or tried to follow a fitness video, but this one caught my eye and I thought I would give it a try. Davina is as funny and true to herself in this video as she is in her tv appearances, never taking herself too seriously, and ready to laugh at her own not always perfect moves. The workout is divided into five sections beginning with a warm-up before moving onto legs and bum, upper body, abdominals and bottom, and cool-down. When Davina says the legs and bum section is hard, she is not lying! Throughout the video, there are simple and more advanced levels of the moves shown either by Davina or one of the two personal trainers Davina is working with. The music is well chosen, the exercises are suitable for any level of fitness and well co-ordinated, just as you think you couldn't possibly do another stomach crunch it's time to get up to do some more fat burning exercise. This video is designed for anyone who wants to tone up and lose fat and have fun at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever Workout DVD, 1 May 2005
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
This is definately the BEST exercise DVD i have ever seen. The 'fat-burning' intervals are ingenious and kept my heart rate up throughout the toning exercises and i can really feel it working - especially in the 'Legs' section. I have been doing it almost every day for about 2 weeks now and i can honestly say my whole body feels more toned! It's not for the faint hearted though - it is quite a hard workout that'll make you sweat and then some - i sweat buckets whenever i do it! Davina is fantastic, she actually knows the routines (unlike some other celebs) and does the hard versions all the way through - no wonder the girl looks drop dead gorgeous! I recommend anyone who wants to lose weight and tone up at the same time to buy this DVD, it is certainly worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all over workout, great fun but quite challenging, 8 Jan 2005
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
A great workout. I think the whole dvd takes around 1hr 5mins to do so it is quite long compared to others I have. The exercises are well planned and easy to follow. In each section there are 'fat burning' moves which you do for 1 minute and REALLY get your heart rate going, then you return to the normal workout. Typically there are 3 or 4 'fat burning' minutes in each section.
I drank a 1.5 litre bottle of water while doing this (even though I am quite fit) and found that it was a good all over work out. Don't buy it if you think it is going to be easy. Davina is funny throughout and there are always easier versions of each move if you feel like you can't keep up with Davina.
The only downside is that there is not alot of explanation for some of the exercises (some videos/dvds explain moves to the point of it being tedious) but this one does have a lack of explanation and a beginner may struggle to do them right which may cause injury. It is still a 5* workout though and good fun. BUY IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good,solid workout, 6 Jan 2005
This review is from: Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I usually steer clear of celeb fitness videos, where suddenley a once over-weight celeb becomes an overnight, self-righteous fitness expert. However, there's something very genuine and unassuming about Davina's personality that drew me to her video, and I wasn't disappointed.
Unlike other celeb video's this was not all glamour and glitz with little substance. This was a solid (but not necessarily easy) workout. Many of the moves you will recognise if you are into fitness. However, because all the routines are interspersed with interval/aerobic training, it makes everything that much harder. I am relatively fit, and I certainly felt this is in my muscles the next day.
There is no whooping and shouting (thank God!), and you also see Davina sometimes struggling to complete the repetitions. In her usual humorous way, she pokes fun at herself which also gives the video a light-heartedness.
There are also some nice bonus sections where she talks about how she lost weight, and also a section on her talking about clothes, and how her new shape has changed her way of shopping.
It's a really motivating video if you are trying to lose the extra pounds/kilos you put on over Christmas. I certainly don't regret buying it and will defninetly be using it 2-3 times a week.

Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004]
Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004] by Davina McCall (DVD - 2004)
7.41