5.0 out of 5 stars Britney: The Videos, 29 Oct. 2007
AyJay (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Britney Spears: Greatest Hits - My Prerogative (Standard Edition) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
After 4 studio albums & a Greatest Hits collection, Britney had already knocked up a total of 18 singles. All of these are included here. One of these; `From Then Bottom Of My Broken Heart' didn't get a UK release, so the video is a nice extra for us.

There is also a clip for `Outrageous'. This video was never finished due to Britney injuring her knee on set. She required surgery & had to cancel the remainder of her `Onyx Hotel' tour. Ouch.

As a final treat, the remix for `Overprotected' is also included. This extremely popular remix has it's very own video, completely different to the original video.

And since this a dvd release, you can play with the multiangle feature on your remote. And if you already weren't getting enough, some of the videos can be viewed uncut!!

The tracklist:

Born To Make You Happy
(You Drive Me) Crazy
Sometimes
Baby One More Time

5.0 out of 5 stars the greatest number of high quality pop videos I've ever seen, 27 Aug. 2007
This dvd contains the greatest number of high quality
pop videos I've ever seen.All of them are good,most are very good and a couple are works of genius (the unedited version of "Oops!
I did it again" and the acapella - which means singing without any backing music - version of "Slave").And there is so much variety to see and hear and so much that is both beautiful and original.I had only vaguely seen two of the videos before and wouldn't have recognised Britney Spears if she had bumped into me on the street.But I doubt I'll forget her presence in these videos for years to come.It's the quality of her voice and her dancing and acting.She looks better and sounds better than Madonna,is more aware of how to match her singing to backing music than a singer with a greater vocal range such as Mariah Carey,and is more able to catch your eye and keep you looking at her than someone else who can sing and dance well,such as Christina Aguilera.
These videos overwhelmingly project an atmosphere of fun and enthusiasm.It's a pity she cut off all her hair recently because when Britney flicks her hair (as she does in the videos of "Oops!" and "Sometimes" it is such a lovely sight). It says on the back of the dvd that Britney is the video queen.I can believe this is true but it doesn't do justice to the simple fact that with or without a camera present this woman has got what it takes.The record executives who signed her up 10 years ago must have thought they'd found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.Whatever your taste in music buy this dvd - if you don't like it, you're not human!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Music Video Ever..., 9 Jan. 2007
MDC "markyofbath" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
I like heavy metal, indie, thrash, rock, etc.

Why do I like Britney?

Well Kylie started it, her catchy songs and sexy looks. The "LIVE!" video she did in her early days was catchy songs and full of very sexy outfits. Britney is just the same, you'll drive somewhere and they'll play Oops or Boys and you'll find yourself singing along. Then you see her on a music channel head to toe in PVC and she's hooked you.

So do I buy this??? Hmm its tricky I'll be seen as sad for owning it surely? What would be worth that?

Could it be the Oops Video...no

The Baby one more time Video...no

The virtually impossible to work DVD Menu...could be???

Actually...its...

TOXIC KAROAKE VIDEO

It is the most stunning sexiest music video I have ever seen. Its could only be bettered if Eric Prydz gets Kelly Brook to do a remake of his Call On Me DVD with Girls Aloud in the class and them forgetting their gym kit, honestly this will amaze you. (oh and you could sing along too...woo hoo).

5.0 out of 5 stars Philosophical genius desguised as pop music, 11 Jun. 2007
YaromCMG (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
When I bough this music DVD three years ago, I was not a fan of Britney Spears. But I am now. I can honestly say that this in the best music DVD I have ever bought and I still watch it now every so often. For me, it has been great value for money.

There is an unfortunate tendency for many people to rubbish mainstream pop artists, and Britney has certainly been victim of this in recent years. But I love Britney's music and videos and believe they are more meaningful than many others would like to admit. In fact, many of the songs and videos are deeply meaningful, seeming to send a message to her fans and the media about her state of mind at the time each track was originally released. Despite their poppy title and video, even "Hit Me Baby One More Time" and "Oops" are great songs and have a deeper meaning than is at first obvious . I especially identify with "Oops", because I can honestly, as a thirty something male, that I have been oopsed a few times by various girls/women in my life.

In general. the videos on this DVD are fun, entertaining and of a really high quality. And her videos and music are still fantastic and easily exceed the quality of some of the music videos that are being shown today.

As has been mentioned by other reviewers, there is an alternative view of some of the videos. Some of these are not very interesting, but there are a couple of gems. The alternative view for the two songs I mention above are very interesting. In fact, I actually like the alternative view of "Oops" as much as the full commercial version. It has Britney signing to the camera throughout the whole song, and it really demonstrates why she is the superstar she is. Not only does she look gorgeous, but it demonstrates how good she is at interacting with the camera. I would recommend any girl or young women who wants to be a star to watch the Oops alternative version, because truly it shows Britney's class.

All Britney's greatest hits are on this DVD and any Britney fan will not be short changed. I would also recommend this to non-Britney fans who are willing to be open minded, because this really is an exceptionally good music video.

Also, it should be remembered that Britney has not released anything significant since this was released three years ago. If Britney does come back again, then this is the record of her greatest work during the early part of her career, before she re-invented herself. If she does not come back, this will perhaps be a record of a very successful, but tragic career.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have!, 23 Nov. 2005
Britney's Greatest Hits DVD is a true gem. It includes most of her videos, from the childish "Baby... One More Time" to the sassy "My Prerogative". It also includes some extra features, which are at times hard to access. This video collection is a must-have for all Britney fans out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Britney Spears is Sensational, 14 July 2005
This Dvd from Britney Spears is amazing and its of all her Greatest Hits from Toxic,Baby One More time,Sometimes and many more,this dvd is hard to navigate at times because of the timeline but once I am at the place I want to be,its great,some of the songs are easy to do keep fit too and Britney has a wonderful singing voice.Hi To Britney if she looks in on this :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
good concert

5.0 out of 5 stars no complaint, 3 Feb. 2009
Ms. T. T. Aye (UK) - See all my reviews
I order for my 10 years old daughter and she love it. she watch it again and again.Good investment to own it.
Amazon price is very reasonable to help parents effortability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Britney Spears<3, 11 Jun. 2012
This is just a must have if your a Britney Spears fan!! It's got all her music videos I LOVE!!!!! & I love Queen B forever<3

5.0 out of 5 stars M A R A V I L L O S A, 9 Mar. 2009
Bastian Cabrera "Music" (Stgo, Chile) - See all my reviews
Musa Indiscriptible, Perfecta Mujer (L)
Britney lo mejor de lo mejor

I Love Britney (L)