4.0 out of 5 stars Great value automatic watch
Published on 22 Jun 2011 by Bobby Elliott

Firstly, I'd like to say that I would rather not make the comments which follow in the review format, but it seems to me that it's the only reliable way to ensure that potential purchasers have the opportunity to read them. I suspect that whilst many poeple read reviews, very few also go to the comments section of a review.

The Invicta 8926 has had excellent...
Published on 9 Jun 2011 by Jamie

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value automatic watch, 22 Jun 2011
Bobby Elliott (Erskine, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926 (Watch)
I didn't have to pay any import duty on this item (it appears to be pretty random if you do or don't pay), so it is fantastic value for money. I have loads of watches but not an automatic divers' watch so this one caught my eye. I am delighted with it. I took it for a holiday in Cyprus, which includes swimming, sailing and some snorkelling, and the watch performed perfectly. It keeps fantastic time for an automatic. Unlike some, there is no need to make small daily adjustments. The watch looks fine. It's no Rolex or Omega but it is fine-looking watch by any other yardstick. I have quite small wrists but this watch isn't too big and looks fine on my arm.

I have two (very) small criticisms. It has sometimes ran down in the morning, after a night's sleep, and it has already collected one or two (very) small scratches, so it is not as robust as some watches.

But, at the price, if you are looking for an automatic diver's watch on a tight budget, look no further. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch for a great price!, 23 Aug 2013
Mr. Peter Cormack (Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926 (Watch)
I chose this watch for work rather than wearing my expensive Tag Heuer watch. I wanted a Rolex Submariner sized automatic watch and the Invicta ticked all the boxes especially with regards the price. I can honestly say it has far exceeded my expectations in every way. I just didn't expect this quality and functionality for the price.

I like everything about this watch, from the box to way the it looks and operates. In fact I would gladly have paid a lot more for it. My Tag watch is an automatic and is rated to 100m. It cost nearly 4k. The Invicta is automatic and is rated to 200m. It cost 65! Amazing. It even has a two year warranty just like the Tag.

If you are deliberating whether or not to get this watch, don't. Just buy it. You really can't go wrong.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Watch But BEWARE...Not As Cheap As You Might Think!, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926 (Watch)

The Invicta 8926 has had excellent reviews on many watch forum websites, and has become something of a "Cult" watch. The purpose of this review is not to comment on the product, which as I've said is clearly of good quality as demonstrated from other reviews, rather it is to warn potential purchasers that, although the Amazon page for this watch looks quite innocuous, it's only when you dig into the details of the seller, ICM, that you eventually discover that they are based in the USA. That's why some of the Amazon reviewers had to pay Royal Mail or Parcelforce in order to receive their goods; Royal Mail & Parcelforce act as collectors of import duty, vat etc on behalf of HM Customs & Revenue. By all means purchase through ICM...just be aware that your "bargain", is likely to cost you more than you thought once you've paid your dues this side of the Atlantic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuffed to bits!, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926 (Watch)
This purchase was my first real watch, I was swapping up from a Timex easy reader and a series of crappy Mantaray watches.

As penniless MA student I was looking for a nice looking watch that retailed around the 50-60 mark, the options, based on extensive research seemed to be between this or a Seiko 5. Whilst the brand name is more well known with Sieko I chose this for its looks. It's what's tastefully called a "homage" to the Rolex Submariner. The Submariner being the watch I would wear if I was a millionaire...

I was suspicions from a few of the review on here that I would be getting a cheap gimmicky plasticity rip off and was fully prepared to send it back the same day if it disappointed.

However, this watch simply blew me away, The first thing of note was the striking yellow watch box. Obviously at this price point it's not leather, but instead seems to be lined with some sort of rubber-plasticity material. Whilst this might sound tacky it actually comes off really nicely, the top of the box is ridged to make it look like sand on a seabed and the smell of the rubber (which happens to remind me of childhood seaside excursions in rubber dingies) only adds to the nautical theme. guarantee cards and instruction manuals are nicely presented also in yellow, and the entire package comes across as a professional divers watch, on a budget.

I do not believe for a second the Price tag of $315. If you paid that much you would be disappointed, I assume the tactic of the company here is to jack up the retail price so that they can reduce it back down to it's actual price. But for 60 this is a steal.

The watch itself neither looks nor feels cheep. It has a comfortable weight and a smooth movement on the second hand. The lume isn't great but works well enough for me. The face of the watch is just gorgeous, It keeps catching my eye every time I glimpse it. The homage to the Submariner is faithfully done, the magnification of the date works perfectly and though the bezel is sticky and hard to move (it doesn't click into place like you'd expect it to) It is functional and looks wonderful.

The only other area that betrays its lower price point is the dot of lume on the top of the bezel, in the place of the pearl on the Submariner. Obviously it's no pearl and when really looked at closely can look a bit cheap, but unless you're really scrutinizing the watch this isn't an issue.

The open back allows you to show off the inner working of the watch and it looks great. The screw down crown is reassuringly solid, I have yet to try out the water resistance of this watch, but I wouldn't hesitate to take it into the pool on holiday with me.

I'm afraid I don't know too much about watch bracelets as this is the first I've ever had, but it feels comfortable and stable on the wrist, I'm not expecting my watch to come flying off if "I throw a punch at some geezer!" The clasp seems solid too and is stamped with the Invicta logo.

The side of the watch is also engraved with Invicta in large lettering, I imagine some might not like this idea, but it's actually not too noticeable and I really don't mind it. Setting the watch can be a bit fiddly first time but once you get the hand of it it's simple enough. A nice touch is that the second hand will stop when you set the time, allowing for real accuracy.

All in all, I'm really surprised with the quality aesthetic of this watch, and it feels like a solid mechanical timepiece.
A real watch at a low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch!, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926 (Watch)
The Invicta 8926 is a watch that is a bit of a legend its certainly one Invicta got right and from time to time its updated. This model the 8926A which has the omega style (scalloped bezel)has the miyota 8215 automatic movement. Note that these are not the latest 8926 models the newer ones have the seiko (tmi) NH25, and then the NH35 movements are found in the very latest models. The newer models have update hands and better date magnification too. However these are more expensive in the UK currently. There is also the upgraded swiss sw 200 movement models of this style they not only have the upgraded movement but also the hands, strap and clasp, and crystal.

This review is for the miyota movement invicta 8926 (the one in the picture lol)

Build quality is good and the materials seem of at least average quality, i was very surprised by how the watch feels a lot more expensive. The case is very nice and is brushed and polished. The strap is solid stainless metal again brused and polished liks(not solid end links) and it feels good for the price!, the clasp is well made but is a little hard to come undone at first, i actually like that however. On the wrist the watch is comfortable.

Its a very handsome watch. The style of the watch is Rolex like but with a touch of Omega. The Invicta branding is on the Face, side of case, Clasp and even on the links underneath the strap. Again i was surprised by how good the watch looks, it really does look a lot more expensive than it is!. The watch has a clear display back this is where you can see the movement doing its thing, the miyota 8215 while being a very reliable and fairly accurate movement is not exactly a pretty looking bit of machinery so its not that impressive being honest, the NH25, 35 and especially the SW200 movement versions are much nicer looking. Invicta make some very large watches this watch is more a sensible size and can be worn anytime and for any occasion it will look good.

Accuracy is very good and should only need adjusting once a week.

For the price currently 74 you cant get a better (new) watch in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars INVICTA PRO DIVER 8926 OB, 26 April 2011
Mr. A. G. DUKE (LONDON, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926 (Watch)
I was initially a little dissappointed when I received this Invicta watch,which is essentially smaller than I perceived from the 'You Tube' reviews (a tip here check the sizing if you are thinking of ordering this watch). However it has grown on me and I proudly wear it to work each day, I'm particularly impressed by the automatic movement which is the most reliable I've used so far.

The watch, which is, if you like a 'hommage' to the Rolex Submariner, is basically a reliable automatic sports watch which is discreet on the wrist (though I have to admit that apart from immersing the watch in my bathroom sink I haven't tested the '200m water resist' claim (but will be in the Caribbean in October).

I am intrigued by the Invicta Grand Pro Diver too (300m water resist which is Omega Seamaster/Rolex Submariner spec) and will probably purchase one of these next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926 (Watch)
Nice solid diver watch with an NH35A movement, bezel difficult to turn because it is difficult to grip but probably better than easy turn.
Easy to push out the pins on the strap to remove 3 links, nice arrows to show the right direction, difficult to fiddle them back fully home but got them in eventually!

Delighted with it, about 4 seconds a day slow...good for an automatic at this price. Start it 30 seconds fast and it lasts a couple of weeks before I need to set it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent watch that belies it's price point!, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926 (Watch)
I have been wearing the 8926 for about 2 months and can't complain about it's consistent 7 seconds gain a day. I have about 20 automatics (in watch winders) ranging from this in price to a Ball watch which is coming in at 6 seconds a day. The bezel is good in that doesn't wobble once set and the steel strap is as solidly made as any I've had. The magnifier is centred correctly over the date and the screw down crown is robust, once tightened. The lume is never going to be as good as my Ball world timer or seikos' but for 63, it really is a good automatic watch and one can pay a lot more for a watch with the same hacking movement. Maybe some other reviewers have been unlucky but I can honestly say that one can pay 10 times as much and not attain much better performance. Even if I got as little as 5 years out of this watch (and I'm sure I won't) it would equate to 63 and how much would a service cost on any other expensive automatic that needs maintenance every 5 years (apart from the co-axials)? I am pleasantly surprised at how reliable it is!

3.0 out of 5 stars This watch is ok, but not great., 23 Jan 2014
Pro's:

- Classy looking
- Heavy feel
- Watch body pretty well made on first inspection (see below)
- 24 jewel American designed movement (according to the clear back)
- Keep's good time (so far!)
- Watch strap is robust (see note about clasp below)

Con's:

- Crown and adjustment pin falls out very easily but you can fiddle and the date/time can get adjusted.
- Magnification Lense for date is not aligned perfectly with the date (out by <0.5 degrees so a small issue)
- Watch clasp is very poor quality. Loose and rattly when wearing like a cheap 'knock-off' watch from overseas. I supect I will change the clasp.

Overall - I am disapointed by the con's, but realise that you cannot expect too much for 60!

5.0 out of 5 stars Late review - deliberately!, 23 Jan 2014
The Green Man (Bromsgrove, Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926 (Watch)
I had some doubts when I ordered this watch - some reviews knocking it for poor timekeeping in particular - timekeeping being its principal purpose!

In the first two weeks of almost constant wear the timekeeping was a little out - I had to adjust the watch for 3-5 mins every few days. BUT after a little while it settled down and now keeps almost perfect time - remember this is a self winder and not quartz.

The quality is excellent and it has been mistaken for both a Rolex and Breitling by people who should know the difference.

The build quality is excellent and despite constant wear it has not scratched or failed.

Only minor issue is that the bracelet clasp could be a little heavier at a very minor cost.

Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver Watch 8926