5.0 out of 5 stars Erasure Back On Form...
Nightbird is the first album of original Erasure material since 'Loveboat' which was released back in 2000.
The result I have to say is very impressive indeed. Gone are the poor lyrics and quality from the 'Loveboat' album. Nightbird is full of catchy classic Erasure music, in fact many of the songs on Nightbird bare a striking resemblence to Erasure's music from the...
Published on 4 Dec 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Erasure is Erasure is Erasure
Finally a new album by Erasure has reached the shops. As always I was eager to listen to the album. Unfortunately the single showed us indeed what to expect: a lovely tune nothing more nothing less. The album is just the same: nice tunes but nothing new. Everything has been done before. Please next time surprise us.
Something positive to end with: the sleeve is as...
Published on 30 Jan 2005 by philcoco

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Top for your pops, 30 Jun 2007
Juan Kerr (manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
Nightbird. Erasure back on top of their game.

Vince and Andy have 3 decades of album producing under their belt and have only ever made 1 dire album. Loveboat, which seems to be the general thought amongst reviewers.

This is Erasure at their best in the noughties as Chorus was their best in the 90's and Innocents was their best in the 80's.

5.0 out of 5 stars a grower, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
I'm glad I bought this cd even though I thought it was samey to start with. all the songs are individual and show erasure at their best. andy and vince are real troopers as they have been going for nearly thirty years now. a lot of the songs are really ballady and most are gentle electro pop as is the stock in trade for erasure. I love this cd, it has grown on me and I am glad I took the advice shown by others who had bought it on amazon's ratings and reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Erasure, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
Erasure I my favourite band and always will be, the album is great and love the synth and vocals, Vince and Andy were meant to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Erasure back on form, 20 Jun 2013
Varian Beauregard (Le Jardin d'Angleterre) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
This is still the best Erasure since the 90's and arguably the best since "I say, I say, I say" (depending on your tastes). In fact it is very similar in tone to "I say, I say, I say". It is full of beautiful songs including "Here I Go Impossible Again" & "Breathe", but for me "Sweet Surrender" is the real stand out track - it's very catchy with some interesting lyrics. And in contrast to most other post-90's Erasure albums there aren't really any dud tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant melodic synth-pop, 13 Jan 2013
K. Ahmed "Kash" (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
This was definitely a return to form from Erasure. Lovely melodies,shining vocals and great synth arrangment. My favourites are the:
I bet you're mad at me, Lets take one more rocket, No doubt and Here I go Impossible again.

5.0 out of 5 stars good album, 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
just paid 54p for this album i beleve it was zoverstock. its like new no scratches on it. and case. good album.. bargain

5.0 out of 5 stars Erasure on form again, 22 Nov 2008
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
Simply put, one of the best Eraure albums out there. Buy it now!!!!
why these guys dont get more attension these days is beyond me, as there work has never been better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
a great collection of songs enjioy this the more I play it

2.0 out of 5 stars Erasure is Erasure is Erasure, 30 Jan 2005
philcoco (Den Haag, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightbird (Audio CD)
Something positive to end with: the sleeve is as beautiful as always. That's the only thing Erasure shouldn't change.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Nightbird
Nightbird by Erasure (Audio CD - 2005)