5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Brilliant album and quite different from her 1st "innocent Eyes". Delta has a true talent for song writing and her voice is great, she deserves much more success in the UK.
Out Of The Blue - Great song, mood changes thoughout, her first single from the album.
Published on 8 May 2005 by cathie_forbes

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
Always been a fan of delta .first album blew me away but this change of direction was just ok for me ..haven't really got a stand out track ..don't get me wrong I don't dislike it ,its a good easy listening album but fell short of the first
Published 20 months ago by andy minnock

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 8 May 2005
This review is from: Mistaken Identity (Audio CD)
The Analyst - Another great song co-written by Cathy Dennis who wrote Kylies "Can't Get You Out Of My Head"
Mistaken Identity - One of the best, you'll never get bored of it and is a very personal song.
Sanctuary - one of my personal faveourites, stands out from the rest of the album.
A Little Too Late - its an ok song but doesnt really compare with the other songs on the album, its good but easily forgetable.
Be Strong - another ok song, gets better the more you listen to it though.
Last Night On Earth - Great song, love deltas voice in this.
Almost Here - duet with Brian McFadden, really great song, sultry ballad.
Miscommunication - probably the worst on the album, not a bad song but just not as good as the others.
Electric Storm - Fantastic, co-wrote by Cathy Dennis.
Extraordinary Day - Brilliant!! great song and very addictive.
Fragile - Nice ballad, what Delta does best.
Disorientated - Best song!!! why is it a bonus track?! really stands out and the lyrics are just mesmorising and you really get caught up in it all, fantastic!
You Are My Rock - great song, perfect song for finishing the album.
This album is very underestimated and i gaurantee that you will love this album, please buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!! It's fab!!!!!!!!!, 17 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This album is brilliant!!
If you bought Innocent Eyes then this is sure to be a hit with you!! In the songs I feel that Delta has moved on and become more mature. Last Night On Earth, Fragile, You Are My Rock, Be Strong, The Analyst, and Mistaken Identity are my absoulute favourites but my best has to be Electric Storm. That song is really powerful and darker than usual but fantastic!! Delta's songs seem to be a lot more darker because her life became darker and changed but it definetely changed for the best as the music seems more mature and better than Innocent Eyes.
Buy this as soon as you can!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 20 Feb 2005
I never thought Delta's second album could surpass 'Innocent Eyes', but 'Mistaken Identity' manages this confidently.
1.Out of the Blue (7/10) The weakest song on the album, but still beautiful and catchy.
2.The Analyst (8/10) This demonstrates a bit of a darker sound and includes some interesting talking on the third verse.
3.Mistaken Identity (10/10) Very atmospheric. Well arranged, both vocally and musically and very clever lyrics.
4.Sanctuary (10/10) This has a real uplifting mood and it's very catchy. Lifts the mood after the last two tracks.
5.A Little Too Late (10/10) Starts off quiet and builds up to a big chorus. Adds a little bit of attitude to the album.
6.Be Strong (10/10) Written for her friend, this has just as much relevance to her own life. Basic and beautiful, this was co-written by the people behind 'Lost Without You'.
7.Last Night On Earth (10/10) Again, starts off quiet, but leads up to a big, powerful song.
8.Almost Here (8/10) I was wary of this at first, but the song is really good and fits in well with the album.
9.Miscommunication (8/10) This is interesting and something a bit different for Delta. She holds an amazing note at the end.
10.Electric Storm (10/10) This begins very suddenly. Clever lyrics and a great atmosphere to it.
11.Extraordinary Day (10/10) THIS SONG IS INCREDIBLE! I would give it more than 10 if I could becuase it is one of the best songs I've heard.
12.Fragile (8/10) This song is so simple and basic. The piano/vocal mix gives the song vulnerability. Beautiful
13.Disorientated (10/10) This song lives up to its title. The mixed-up lyrics and spoken bits create a great mood. I can't understand why it's a bonus track.
14.You Are My Rock (8/10) Again, a beautiful song. The abrupt end allows the song to linger in your head after the CD has finished playing.
The DVD includes some backstage footage, 'Out of the Blue' video and Delta talking about the tracks on the album. Worth paying the extra few pounds for.
This is an amazing album and I would recommend it to ANYBODY.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent second album, 9 Jan 2005
This review is from: Mistaken Identity (Audio CD)
Delta Goodrem's debut album,'Innocent Eyes' established her very credible brand of pop and proved she is not just another manufactured soap/pop star. The follow-up has some excellent tracks which really showcase Delta's vocal ability.
Here is my opinion track by track:
1. Out Of The Blue- released as the first single from this album, this track is a decent ballad if slightly bland. Similar to her debut single, 'Born To Try', in that it fails to really get going. 7/10
2.The Analyst- very good track. Very original sounding like 'Innocent Eyes'. The songs builds as Delta's angst grows. 9/10
3. Mistaken Identity- considering this is the title song, it is surprisingly poor. Lyrically it is somewhat repetitive and would probably appeal more to younger fans as it sounds quite childish compared to the other songs on the album. 6/10
4. Sanctuary- a beautiful ballad with evocative lyrics and a great melody. The chorus is very catchy. This is classic Delta doing what she does best. 9/10
5. A Little Too Late- an up-tempo track that is once again very catchy. Delta's vocal range is not stretched particularly by this track but it is good nonetheless. 8/10
6. Be Strong- the lyrics of this track are potentially very cheesy, however, Delta's sultry vocals carry it off excellently. This track is a real grower and is one of my favourites on the album. 10/10
7. Last Night On Earth- an atmospheric ballad that fails to truly ignite. Gets better the more you listen to it. 8/10
8. Almost Here- Delta joins Brian McFadden on this track and easily outshadows him vocally. Delta's vocals are very emotive and make a relatively weak song sound quite good. 7/10
9. Miscommunication- a very different sounding song which you will either love or hate. Some of the lyrics are unusual to say the least- the line about getting a new computer in particular- although the chorus does find its way into your head. 8/10
10. Electric Storm- undoubtedly the outstanding track on the album. This is an up tempo ballad which uses metaphors of weather to illustrate a relationship on the rocks. Would make a great single. 10/10
11. Extraordinary Day- an autobiographical song which chronicles the recent illness Delta has had. An emotional song which is quite unnerving. 7/10
12. Fragile- another song that builds to a crescendo and displays Delta's talent very well. 9/10
Bonus Tracks
Disorientated- a great bonus track. Why wasn't it one of the main tracks? Great lyrics with breathy interludes by Delta. Truly dizzyfying (if that's a word). 10/10
You Are My Rock- a track dedicated to Delta's brother who helped her through her illness. Slightly too sentimental to be appealing. 6/10
Overall I would recommend this album to everybody so buy it. Delta deserves more success in the UK!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Glad she is back, 8 Mar 2005
This review is from: Mistaken Identity (Audio CD)
I am so glad Delta Goodrem came back after taking time off due to being ill. I am also glad to hear she is doing a lot better as I was so upset when I heard the news she was sick.
I am so glad to of found a fantastic arist, i first saw her in neighbours (TV programme) and really liked her as an actor then she sang the song 'Born to try' and I loved the song and not long after she came out as a music artist. I rushed to buy the first album just as I did this album too.
This Cd album is fantastic and I would recommend it highly. I am always listening to it and as ever I am still a huge fan. I like this album especially because all the songs really mean something and she has even written or co written the songs. It really relates to some of the things she has been through. Its like listening to a personal insight and a true inspiration.
I very much look forward to her next album and I hope she will come and tour england soon otherwise I'll go to her :-)
Rosie x

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty solid effort, 11 April 2005
Patrick Hehir (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mistaken Identity (Audio CD)
I really liked Innocent Eyes from my very first hearing of it. With Mistaken Identity, it feels a bit samey and there's really nothing new here. Sanctuary is a great song, and the duet with Bryan McFadden is pretty good too. But there aren't any really memorable classics like Not Me Not I, Longer or Lost Without You from the first album. If you liked Innocent Eyes, then you should buy this album because you will like this one too, but it doesn't "beat" Delta's first effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 23 Nov 2004
This review is from: Mistaken Identity (Audio CD)
Wow! I thought Delta's debut "Innocent Eyes" would be difficult to top but she's done it. There's not a single song I want to skip. After hearing 'Out Of The Blue' I was worried that the album wouldn't be as good as the first. I do like Out of the blue but it isn't my favourite of hers. However, there are so many strong tracks on here that the first album can't even live up to and they each have individuality about them! Some of it's dramatic music such as "Mistaken Identity", and there's also some gorgeous ballads like "Be Strong". Then there are the beautiful lyrics in "Extraordinary Day" and "Last Night On Earth". Delta's vocals are stunning as usual and you can tell the songs were written from her heart (13/14 tracks were co-written by Delta). Every track shows a new maturity on her part and they each have a strong message to them. Writing about her relationships, family and her illness have all meant some really striking songs. The new sound is a lot more dramatic than Innocent Eyes, but definitely in a positive way! 10/10!

5.0 out of 5 stars An album to savour and to listen to, time and time again., 13 July 2007
This review is from: Mistaken Identity (Audio CD)
It is not often I can say this, but I love Delta Goodrem's "Mistaken Identity". Although I cannot listen to this album without the context in mind (Goodrem's cancer diagnosis) this does not detract from the very high standard of music she has produced. The songs are emotional but are also positive about life. The songs encourage you to be strong and to also take your strength from others. As another reviewer has said on this website the album does consist mostly of ballads. Yet, this varies within its self so that this is never consistent.

These are the key tracks to listen to: "Electric Storm", where Goodrem's voice is as charged with emotion as the music; "Last Night on Earth", romantic and also sadly painful (I refer here to the lyrics) to listen to; "The Analyst", making explicit Goodrem's uncertainty during her cancer diagnosis and, my favourite, "Out of the Blue" that is uplifting on every listen. Even Goodrem's weaker tracks, such as "A Little Too Late" does not let the standard down too much.

An album to savour and to listen to, time and time again.

9/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album of the Year, 4 Dec 2004
This review is from: Mistaken Identity (Audio CD)
Well what can I say? I absolutely loved "Innocent Eyes" Delta's first album, but this one really does beat it. I can't stop listening to it since I've bought it, nothing just seems to compare. Heres my analysis:
1.Out of the Blue - Nice first single, but not the best track on the album. Its really grown on me, and is really quite powerful and positive. 10/10
2.The Analyst - Fantastic song, really lovely piano intro and melody. There's something about it that is really evocative, and her voice shines wonderfully. 10/10
3.Mistaken Identity - I love this song! Its got lovely jazzy piano pieces and is just so infectious. Her voice is so powerful and clear and the ending is just so fantastic and haunting. Best song on the album 10+/10
4.Sanctuary - This is a weak track on the album, probably because the chorus gets a little annoying, but having said that, I still like it. 7/10
5.A Little Too Late - This song is so sweet and light-hearted. Its just a song that is really enjoyable to listen to, and is so catchy. 9/10
6.Be Strong - Wow, this is a real tear-jerker and extremely powerful. Really, really beautiful lyrics too that just make you quite literally want to "be strong". 10/10
7.Last Night on Earth - Another song with haunting piano parts, and again extremely powerful. 10/10
8.Almost Here - Not a fan of McFadden, but a really good and empathetic song. 10/10
9.Miscommunication - An ok tune, but actually quite annoying after a bit. The more I listen to it, the weirder it seems to get. 6/10
10.Electric Storm -Extremely powerful, and her voice hits every note perfectly in this spine-tingling brilliant song. Amazing piano pieces from the beginning. I love it. 10+/10
11.Extraordinary Day -Touching song about when she was told cancer was in her life, the melody isn't so powerful though. 8/10
12.Fragile - Another of my personal favourites. It makes me cry, and her voice just blows you away. Too incredible to describe. 10+/10
13.Disorientated - A really good enjoyable song. A bit of the same, but still good nevertheless. 9/10
14.You are my Rock - Sounds very Christmasy some how, and is very delicately sung and heart-warming. 9/10
So, overall an unbelievable album, and a definite 10/10. Easily the best album I have bought this year, and possibly ever. Outstanding voice, outstanding songs, outstanding lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked album!, 13 Feb 2006
This review is from: Mistaken Identity (Audio CD)
After loving INNOCENT EYES I wasn’t sure what to expect upon buying MISTAKEN IDENTITY last Summer, but after a week or so listening to it I realised that it topped INNOCENT EYES by miles. It’s so much darker and personal, but I guess not as commercial.
I’m surprised that, like the last, this album has 14 tracks, because to have 14 tracks of good tunes is a rare feat in this day and age; and there are no fillers here! My review of each track:
OUT OF THE BLUE – 10/10. (POS 9 (UK) 1 (AUS) – This is my favourite track of all time; I have listened to it every day since October 2004 and never tired of it. It is such a feel good, uplifting, motivational song, especially the ‘You’re energy running through me-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!’ part. Excellent opener.
THE ANALYST – 10/10. Very much like INNOCENT EYES, but darker, and with more interesting lyrics. I am very surprised that this wasn’t a single as it definitely had the potential; very easy to listen to, and a definite stand out track.
MISTAKEN IDENTITY – 9/10. (POS 7 (AUS) – Also like INNOCENT EYES; a very personal track to Delta, and with one of the best endings to a song I have ever heard – a haunting ‘Who am I?’, ‘What am I?’, ‘How did I?’ montage of lyrics. A very good track., especially the shrieks!

SANCTUARY – 5/10. Considering this was co-written by Cathy Dennis (B.Spears – Toxic) this is the worst track on the album. So bland and it never really goes anywhere; plus there is too much repetition of the chorus ‘Somewhere to love, etc’. The dud of the album.
A LITTLE TOO LATE – 7/10. (POS 13 (AUS) - The nearest you’ll get to album number 1. Very upbeat and reliant on a poppy beat. In the way that INNOCENT EYES was the ‘da da da da da da’ song on album number 1, this is the ‘do do do do do do’ track on here. Okayish song; nothing special.

BE STRONG – 9/10. A very nice ballad that compensates for the last two tracks. Will instantly lift your spirits and has a very nice message. Album highlight.
LAST NIGHT ON EARTH – 8/10. I really like this song and think it was written by Delta when she thought her life might be coming to an end following being diagnosed with cancer.
ALMOST HERE – 8/10. (POS 3 (UK) 1 (AUS) – The infamous ‘duet’ with Brian McFadden. I do like this song, but it doesn’t fit in with all the other songs on the album at all. (as well as OUT OF THE BLUE) I can see why she decided to put a duet out though, but this should have been right at the end. Very nice song, and the video is a good one to look out for.
MISCOMMUNICATION – 8/10. This song sounds quite different to the others; but I can’t put my finger on why. The lyrics are pretty nonsensical, i.e. ‘so I ask myself, what's the future, why get a new computer?’ but this adds to scope of the song.
ELECTRIC STORM – 9/10. I love this song. The ‘electric storm’ is really captured through the beat and, like Delta who is shipwrecked, you feel yourself swaying with her through the flow of the tune. Delta’s vocals are really strong here. Album highlight.
EXTRAORDINARY DAY – 10/10. This song seems to be very much hit or miss with fans, but it is definitely a hit for me. The haunting opening is amazing, as is the middle trill. The lyrics are very personal and, like LAST NIGHT ON EARTH and DISORIENTATED, account Delta’s sickness. Don’t judge by the first couple of listens!
FRAGILE – 10/10 – Like WILL YOU FALL FOR ME on INNOCENT EYES, this is very much Delta and the piano, and what a great combination! A very simple rhythm, and the middle 8 (‘If people can see right through my eyes’) is so powerful.
BONUS TRACKS
DISORIENTATED – 9/10 – Great track; not sure why it was a bonus track, as it walks all over SANCTUARY and A LITTLE TOO LATE. Like ELECTRIC STORM, you really engage with the tempo to the point where you also feel a bit disorientated, especially if you also have the piano book. Great track.
YOU ARE MY ROCK – 8/10 – Nice closing tune; written by Delta to her brother.
Total: 120/140

Mistaken Identity
Mistaken Identity by Delta Goodrem (Audio CD - 2004)