Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 25 June 2010
I bought this jigsaw as going through chemo at the moment and don't have the energy to do anything more adventurous. Thankfully my dining room table was just big enough for it. I started off with dinner plates and side plates of pieces but progressed to trays and baking trays as there were just so many!!

I previously bought the Tenby 500-piece jigsaw which I did in 2 days so thought there wasn't much point in buying a 1000-piece one so went for the 3000-piece jigsaw. We love snorkelling in the Maldives and this was the closest I was going to get to it this year!

I was determined to beat the previous reviewers' times of 4 weeks and 6 weeks and managed it in 3 weeks 1 day. What threw me initialy was that I thought I was short of an outside piece but it turned out that two outside pieces were duplicated and also a part of a surgeonfish was also duplicated so I had three pieces left over! Has anyone else had pieces leftover before when doing a jigsaw? I haven't. I was just so relieved there were none missing!

It is a really beautiful jigsaw and good value for money. I was tempted to try the Seychelles one next but it costs a lot more so will probably give it a miss.

To sum up, this is an excellent jigsaw, the pieces are lovely to handle and fit very snugly so that it's obvious if you put in a wrong piece. The bits I found the hardest were all the shades of grey for the dolphins and shark and all the blue fish-filled sea. I sorted the pieces into colours and then further sorted them into shapes and at times it was a case of trial and error but I got there in the end and got a great sense of satisfaction from doing it. Shame I've got to now take it apart so we can use the table again!
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2008
It took me about 6 weeks. Great fun. At the end was adicted to it. Many colors, pieces fit very well. Will do it again.
on 14 April 2009
I bought this for my wife about ten days ago, and I've hardly seen her since - the other reviewer said that it was addictive, and he's clearly not wrong. I reckon it's fair to say that my wife and I are both enjoying this jigsaw, albeit in totally different ways. Our dining room table is a mass of colour; it's beginning to take shape, and looking rather fine. The pieces fit well together and are of high quality, hence the 5 stars for durability - it's about as durable as a jigsaw's ever going to be. The educational value rating is a bit pointless I feel - this isn't a toy.
All in all an excellent buy and at a very good price for such a large jigsaw (4ft by 2ft 8in).
on 20 January 2010
Good quality puzzle. I would recommend it if you have lots of floor space that can be occupied for several weeks, and good lighting! Colors nice and bright, makes it slightly easier.
on 31 October 2010
My wonderful husband surprised me with this great jigsaw in April 2009. I was at home on maternity leave looking after our son and this colourful and challenging jigsaw was the perfect way to relax and focus on something else. The colours are amazing and fit perfectly. It took me about 4 weeks to finish it and since then it's been under our sofa waiting to be framed and hung on a wall....
VG
on 24 April 2014
My partner bought this for me as I do quite enjoy doing a jigsaw. I have never attempted a 3000 piece one though. Highest I did was a 1500 I believe. First of the quality of the puzzle is like most Ravensburger puzzles, excellent. Not just the puzzle pieces themselves but the actual puzzle image once completed is excellent. Needless to say I loved putting it together and her mother when visiting also joined in :) .. I do have to say though that the dolphins were a bit of a nightmare lol but I got there. In total I believe it took us roughly 3/4 days from start to finish and we almost didn't want to take it apart when we were finished but its huge so we had to

Would definitely recommend this puzzle just make sure you have the spare room to do it in as it is very large when completed and difficult to move if you were / are like me and build it on-top of anything, in this case for this puzzle a large flattened box.
on 15 June 2009
i bought this jigsaw for my 19 year old son as a gift and he got it finished in 4 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it. He had some very difficult college exams during this time and found it a great way to relax.
on 30 May 2012
If you are looking for a puzzle that will take weeks to complete even when friends and family join in this is the one. Challenging but it can be done and is very satisfying when complete. A really lovely picture with excellent delivery.
on 13 January 2013
Excellent Puzzle!!! Excellent picture!!.. Pieces fits very well.. Weeks of fun guaranteed.. Will frame it and post on the wall when done.. You don't regret buying this puzzle.
on 18 March 2012
This is a big puzzle, so make sure you have room to work on it. One criticism is that the picture on the front of the box does not accurately reflect the actual puzzle.