Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: Audio CDChange

on 30 April 2008
These 2 albums are probably Brenda's best - though it's difficult to say, she always produced such wonderful music. This music is just so perfect for any occasion. Listen to the new girls but you'll always come back to Brenda Lee - the first and best of the girl rockers. Buy it today and enjoy.
The first album here, This Is...Brenda, features I want to be wanted, a #1 pop hit in America but only a minor UK hit. The remaining tracks contain plenty of covers of songs previously recorded by others such as Teach me tonight (DeCastro Sisters), When my dreamboat comes home (Bing Crosby), Hallelujah, I love him so (Ray Charles), If I didn't care (Ink Spots) and Blueberry Hill (originally recorded by Glenn Miller, but Fats Domino made it his own).

The second album here, Emotions, also only contains one hit - the title track, which made the top 10 in America but was an even smaller hit in the UK than its predecessor, I want to be wanted. It was already becoming clear that while Americans enjoyed Brenda's ballads, British fans at the time preferred her rocking songs. I enjoy both. Again, there are plenty of cover versions here including Will you love me tomorrow (Shirelles), Georgia on my mind (a song from the thirties but now identified with Ray Charles), Swanee river rock (also Ray Charles), Cry (first made famous by Johnnie Ray) and When I fall in love (first recorded by Jeri Southern in 1951, although in Britain the song was a huge hit later in the fifties for Nat King Cole).

These are two great albums that show Brenda's ability to sing many different types of song.
on 7 September 2010
As usual, delivery in time, good condition, no dammages, a pleasure to have Amazon-ordersThis Is...Brenda/Emotions
on 27 January 2012
Brenda Lee is as good as when she first started out-little miss dynamite-in the 60's, wee lassie-muckle voice-.. and good with it.
on 26 February 2013
every thing as exspected, good service, came on time scale and in very good order. no fault s at all
on 3 April 2014
My Husband loves Brenda Lee, so he thinks anything she does is A1 so he was pleased with it !