5.0 out of 5 stars The white stripes do it again!, 15 Nov 2004
This review is from: Jolene (Audio CD)
ok, me and a friend had heard about this cover about 4 months ago after reading in Q magazine that it was one of the best covers of all time, and had been persuing it to see if there were any copies of it anywhere, our luck changed when it was played at Reading Festival. Then we found out it was to be released as a single we went mad!
Jolene is one of the best covers i've ever heard, the stripes lend themselves brilliantly to the Dolly parton original as no other band possibly could! If you want to hear a brilliant cover or you just want a new WS fix, check this out it really won't dissapoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars R.I.P John Peel, 15 Nov 2004
This review is from: Jolene (Audio CD)
After the death of John Peel i found myself reaching for my old white stripes cd's realizing they are the most unique rock/blues band to date.
This Single 'Jolene' is one of my favorites and is taken of the live gig at blackpool (dvd out 22nd Nov)it also comes with live track Black Math.

5.0 out of 5 stars My birthday present!!!, 29 Mar 2006
This review is from: Jolene (Audio CD)
Lovingly given as a birthday gift to this reviewer and what a choice it has to be said!Only two tracks but it is definitely quality over quantity here!!
Yes its our jolly Jolene and what a stormer it is too!!Its loud,fast and furious,Black Math(track 2) is SPEAKER MELTDOWN!!!Jack sings like a man possessed and Meg lovingly adorns the front cover,pretty good on the old drum kit too!!Essential listening,no question!

Jolene
Jolene by The White Stripes (Audio CD - 2004)