5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy
I bought these for my daughter in a charity shop initially.
Although they are suggested for 12m+, she loved them from 7m. At first she just held them and bashed them together, but something about them (colour? shape? I could never work out what) seemed to particularly appeal to her, and she favoured them over all her other toys.
Now she is 14m, and still loves...
Published on 10 Jun. 2009 by AS

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous
Only played with for a bit but one of the eggs fell apart, revealing a sharp plastic spike and a loose spring.
I contacted Tomy direct.
Had to give one star as zero is not an option.
Published 18 months ago by L W

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 10 Jun. 2009
AS (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs (Toy)
I bought these for my daughter in a charity shop initially.
Now she is 14m, and still loves them just as much, and has graduated to squeaking the chicks, and fitting the eggs together with their shells.
I can see they will continue to grow in play potential with her, as eventually she will figure out the bases of the eggs need to be 'sorted' into the box, and later still that the faces on the shells can be matched to the chicks. I have to say her 9year old cousin is always volunteers to 'sort' them for her, just to be helpful, you understand!

I noticed any other babies or toddlers who were visiting seemsed to be very keen on them, and have consequently given them as gifts on birthdays etc.
I really dont know what it is about the eggs, but babies seem quite transfixed by this particular toy.
I would highly recommend it for any baby or small child, it has lots play potential, which changes as the child grows and develops new skills. It represents eggsellent (sorry, couldn't resist that) value for money.
It is also very compact, a great toy to stick in your bag when you are heading out on a visit, as it holds their attention for ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars An egg-cellent toy!, 24 Jun. 2010
Cream crackered (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs (Toy)
I brought the Tomy Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs as a present for my daughters first Christmas. I came across them whilst looking around for a few little, affordable bits to go with her main presents - stocking fillers if you like.

The eggs come in a durable plastic yellow egg box. This not only makes the eggs seem real to a child but is really handy for storing the eggs away - I always seem to be finding different pieces from different toy sets all over the house!

Inside the box are 6 white plastic eggs. Each egg has 2 parts to it, as if they are cracked in half. The top part of the egg acts like a lid and the bottom part of the egg has a chick inside. The lids have different faces on and are interchangable, which means they can be swapped around. The chicks are 3 different colours (orange, blue and green) and make a 'tweet' sound when they are pushed down. Little effort is needed to push the chicks and they are suitable for the smallest of fingers.

Inside the egg box and on the bottoms of the eggs are different shapes (square, triangle, star, circle etc). The eggs fit into the box according to their shape, so effective the toy doubles up into a shape sorter.

The educational aspects of this toy are that it encourages hand-eye coordination, role play and can help to learn counting, colours and shapes. It is also unisex and doesn't require batteries.

This toy was a big hit with my daughter from day one and is something that she has played with alot - I also have friends that have this toy and they have said the same. The squeaky noises always made her giggle and the shape sorting really made her think and concentrate. Infact she is now 3 years old and still enjoys playing with it from time to time! Such a simple but effective toy.

Overall I think the Tomy Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs are a great toy for babies and toddlers. It manages to grab childrens attentions and gets the balance between education and fun just right. Superb value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A firm favourite!, 18 Aug. 2012
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs (Toy)
I rarely write reviews, but I bought these for my little boy when he was about 4 months old (he is now 5 months), and he absolutely loves them. I'm not sure if it is the noise they make when he bashes them, the colours, or the fact he can pick them up and put them in his mouth - but he gets really excited whenever he plays with these. I'm sure they will last him a while as well as because of the different shapes on the bottom they will continue to challenge him when he is older. Well worth the money. Buy them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant purchase!, 9 Dec. 2009
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs (Toy)
My 1 year old baby has hours of fun with these eggs - she had them at 8 months and enjoyed taking them out of the box, banging them together and pressing down on each egg to hear them squeak....I'm sure she will come to enjoy the shape sorting aspect that is also included in this excellent hard wearing and well thought out toy. Older cousins of hers also enjoy matching the shells with the eggs and sorting them by shape and colour - this will definitely be enjoyed for months and even years to come. A worthy purchase by a very satisfied customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hide and squeak eggs, 16 Mar. 2009
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs (Toy)
Brilliant little toy - needs no batteries and easy to carry around in the change bag for fun on the run!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous, 4 Jan. 2014
I contacted Tomy direct.
Had to give one star as zero is not an option.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy that is easily stored in its own box, 28 Oct. 2011
Alison Thompson (Bangor, Down, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs (Toy)
This is a great little toy. I don't know what it is about these eggs but my 1 year old daughter really does like them. I also like the fact that they pack in to their own box. This makes it a handy grab-and-go toy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs but the reason I gave them only 3 stars was that while I like them, I wouldn't say they are a life changing toy like some of the other reviews seem to suggest. Buy them by all means but please don't expect your child to have some kind of developmental epiphany the very second you open the packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best baby / toddler toy my two have enjoyed, 18 Sept. 2010
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs (Toy)
I received these as a present for my little boys 1st birthday. I didn't really appreciate the toy at first. Especially not 12 smallish peices which would often fly in all different corners of the ro - house.

But, baby no. 2 and my little girl absolutely loves them and has loved them since she was 8 months. My now 2 year old boy still plays with them and is very good at getting the eggs all back into their right places. I have tried to show him the faces and see if he'd match them with their shells but this still seems a little too much especially when his sister comes along - her face lights up when she sees a full box just waiting for her little 11 month old hands to disperse everywhere.

The box isn't easily opened by my 2 year old but that's not such a bad thing. Something about their cheeping sound is really satisfying and the way the shell tops click into place is rewarding. I remember my son having a week of fun when he discovered the little (choking hazard) hole in the top of the shell could be blown through. I think they both have also enjoyed the feeling of this toy on their gums as their teeth come through. My toddler has also used them to cook with but I prefer to try and keep the set together as much as possible.

So I would say that these toys have had many hours of play from both my children, and perhaps still have many more hours of play left in them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking purchase - eggceptionally good product., 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs (Toy)
These eggs have been a smashing success with both of my children - no yolk. Both have always been thoroughly eggcited to see the yellow box come out of the toybox.

They can be used in different ways, and grow well with the age of the child - from emptying them out and rolling them around, making them squeak, fitting them back together again, to number, shape, colour identification and sorting. The longevity of the purchase makes them seem a very cheep product, and they are highly recommended - a true eggxample of a brilliant children's toy. Shell out for them - you won't be disappointed.

Right, must scramble before I get booted off by amazon - I bet they've had enoeuf of my puns and will be begging me to stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 11 Dec. 2009
This review is from: TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs (Toy)
I purchased these when my children were 6 months old, now they are nearly 8 months they love them....they love bashing them together, tipping the eggs out of the box, chewing them!
Fantastic buy as when they get a bit older they can use them as a shape sorter. Definately suitable for around 6/7 months onwards.

TOMY Play to Learn Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs