Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 July 2003
This album hits you head-on like a 10 ton truck, starting off with Mutilation Of The Flesh with some of the best blast beats I've ever heard, sounding a lot like Aborted from neighbouring Belgium (ST are from Amsterdam). Dennis' vocals are the most extreme I've heard, crossing between Chris Barnes' growl with the almost mechanical-like scream from The Berzerker IMO. I'm currently waiting to see if Death Of Millions are more inhuman. This is a Brutal Death record dealing with topics such as killing Christ on Your Blood Is Mine which does seem quite childish when you realise that bands like Deicide and Incantation have done this since the 1980's, to torturing genitalia on Castrated. The songs do tend to drag on sadly with Track 2 for example seeming quite short in the liner notes but when played, the song practically repeats itself before ending However who buys a record for the verbal content rather than the musical composition (except me who buys them for both). Overall if you like your Death metal savage like Cannibal Corpse but not overly gory like Carcass or Cattle Decapitation, then divorce your other CD's and elope with this beauty!!!
on 26 June 2003
I first heard Severe Torture on their Feasting On Blood album, courtesy of a mate at College, and was instantly hooked. I bought this album last week (16th June 2003) and it even arrived early-cheers Amazon!!!
As you would expect this band, being a death metal band, like to shock with their art and the cover does just that. I have a pretty firm stomach but this cover was the first which made me feel sick when I first looked at it. The worst bit was seeing the 3 HUGE gashes in the (cartoon) girl's leg.
The album first starts with the catchy Mutilation Of The Flesh and takes you through a rollercoaster of deliberate pits and troughs before finishing with jarring riffs with Your Blood Is Mine. Overall a great way to spend 40 minutes of your soon-to-be-severed life!!!!!