Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn More Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 8 June 2009
Great product. I bought this kite for my 3 year old son to use on the beach. It is VERY easy to assemble and just as easy to fly. My son had no trouble flying it at all. In fact, I could weigh the string down with a rock and it would quite happily fly itself. It is made from strong material so, when it inevitably did hit the ground, there was no lasting damage.

If you are looking for your child's first kite or simply a no frills, nice, easy kite to fly then I would highly recommend this one.
on 9 May 2010
Bought the kite based of reviews on Amazon.
Very easy to use with a loads of fun!

With slight wind, the kite was up and away!
The only weak point is the size of the kite wings?
This will limit it's time in the air especially if a slight drop of wind occurs.

Both my kids age 6 and 9 loved flying the kite with
considering they have never used a kite before.

Worth getting for any child.. Loads Of Fun!
on 9 May 2012
Bought two for girls aged 13 and 11 as they hadn't had much success with kites in the past. These were great on Dungerness beach. Very easy to assemble and shot up and stayed there. Smiles all round. They survived a much windier day with adults "helping" (not)! Good value and will be used again.
on 23 June 2014
Back in the day, when we had little money we used bin liners, whatever thin/flexible sticks we could scrounge & then tied/taped it together and once airborne we flew our black masterpieces for hours on end. This is different. Forget the bin bags, this thing flies itself. It's the KITT of the kite community. My 4 year old had no problem flying it. It's pretty darn amazing seeing this thing fly, it wants to go up and soar, it wants to stay up forever and doesn't want to come down! On Weston beach we let the car look after it while we stuffed ourselves with ice-cream, the car had no problems!

The only gripe I could possibly have is that the total line length could have been longer, easily rectified by pinching a few rolls of sewing thread and tying it together (well, that is what we used to do! To the haberdashery! or mums sewing machine!!!).
on 19 August 2013
As we were going on holiday with memories of so many disappointments as a child trying to get the cheap seaside kites to fly I thought I would go prepared and get a nice kite for my daughter.
I was not disappointed! Very easy to set up and flew straight away.
With so many other kites on the beach crashing this flew up and was as solid as a rock.
I would recommend this to anyone with youngish kids my eight year old loved it , but for older kids try one of the brookites stunt kites.
I found one in a local toy shop and again it flew really well.
on 22 July 2010
Fantastic! Bright colours, less than 2mins to unwrap and use. Easy to fly. Lots of fun!
on 29 June 2010
tried 3 or 4 kites before this one, all cheap and nasty and didn`t fly.....this one flies itself, easy to set up, and my daughter loves it!
on 16 June 2010
What a brilliant Kite, its very durable, colorful, and my 4 year old boy had it up in the air in a few seconds.
on 7 February 2016
I had a kite as a child and never could fly it, so didn't have high hopes when I bought this. But it was so easy to fly. My 3 year old loved it and could fly it. I think the price of this product is fantastic and love that it's a UK firm.
on 3 November 2014
First day I tried this, there was no wind- which didn't help. But the next time, with a good breeze, it was great. I did have to adjust- as per the instructions, where the string attaches to the kite, so on a really windy day it goes in one place and when less windy in another. This made the flight far more stable. But what is great about the kite is, with kids in tow, it just takes off so easy and catches the wind so well. And unlike stunt kite with two strings, it doesn't have that element of danger with that somewhat erratic swooping and rapid crashing that would likely take out a small child.

So the Brookite is a superb purchase, and already brought up a lot of pleasure.