5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning all round headphones.
Having owned the HD200's for work use on a computer, I needed to get some decent cans for home use. Not only for playing around with Garageband, but also for my iPod and HiFi requirements.

I took a trip out to Maplin, where they had the HD201's setup for use.
Published on 24 July 2007 by Gavin Horricks

3.0 out of 5 stars Great while they last!
I have to admit these are very good headphones! I was really happy with them until two days ago one ear phone just stopped working! I've had them for about 8-9 months and have use listened to them at work pretty much non stop for about 8 hours a day. Although this is alot of usage I would expect them to last longer than a few months. My co workers have cheaper and poorer...
Published on 26 Feb. 2009 by Justinho Asprilla

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning all round headphones., 24 July 2007
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)

I took a trip out to Maplin, where they had the HD201's setup for use.
As the HD200's have been discontinued, I wanted to keep the DJ style cans and also replicate the great sound and quality that the one I use at work produce.

I was quite happy with the HD201's except for 1 thing.... Bass reproduction. Looking around at the other display models I saw the eH150's among others.

I whipped out my iPod and tried several makes and models, each time the eH150 fought off the competition, and eventually won the now famous "Battle of the Can's in Maplin 2007".

These headphones are not only worth the money paid, they are worth at least twice the ~£20 price tag... If these were £40, I would have paid up. Many many many reasons for this, but when they are compared directly against other headphones, the difference is clear.

You should NEVER buy headphones (even cheap ones) without listening to them with a wide range of music and comparing them with others... Everyone had different tastes - But for those of you ordering online, I have only read good things about the Sennheiser eH150 headphones...

6 out of 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars SOUND QUALITY | A | COMFORT | E |, 9 Sept. 2007
Mrs. Sally J. Finlay (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)
Recently purchased these after my alienware ones broke. I have been using them for gaming and frequent commutes into the city. The sound quality is as described in other reviews excellent for this price bracket and certainly compares with more expensive ones I have used in the past. They also block out a great deal of "outside noise" and thus are ideal for journeys through noisy train stations and airports. But sound quality is only half the story and what I notice other reviews haven't commented so much on is the comfort. Yes sound quality is important, but for me comfort must be good especially for those extended gaming sessions. They are a very tight fit for me and my head is not larger than average. I find that after an hour or so of use I will remove to find my ears have become sore and painful. YES I would recommend these for sound quality, but if u are intending to use these for extended periods of time (and your not lucky enough to have a tiny head!) then perhaps look to other alternatives.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, very very good, 23 May 2007
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)
well, the headphones arrived and i unpacked them, quite easily. they look very nice professional, however, the frame does seem lightweight, and so if you stood on it would probably snap, so be extra careful. the wire is very long, this is not so good when using an mp3 (what i brought mine for) but perfect on a hi fi or a distant computer. Howver i sit close to my pc and the wire gets tangled up in the legs of the chair.

it comes with a 3.5mm to 6.3mm converter, for use with proper hi fis, i havent used it and so cant comment on it.

the sound quality is what you expect, good, for an average priced set of headphones. the bass is good, however the highs can only be heard when you turn up the volume.

the headphones dont have the problem where you knock the cable, and it makes a nosie that you can hear through the headphones, as described for the other senheiser earphones.

it does block out some noise, although not totally, tech specs:

Jack plug 3,5/6,3 mm stereo

Nominal impedance 32 Ohm

Weight w/o cable ca. 130 g

Transducer principle dynamic, closed

Ear coupling supraaural

Cable length 3 m

Frequency response (headphones) 18.....18000 Hz

Sound pressure level (SPL) 115 dB(SPL)

THD, total harmonic distortion <0,5 %

all in all well worth the money, fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO CHEAP, SO GOOD!, 15 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)
When I want to buy closed studio headphones I look for 3 three things.

1. product quality

2. Noise reduction

3. Price

I tried out other more expensive headphones from all brands, and I found that not were only the best value, but one of the best sounding in a £[...] pound price range!
They have especially good bass reproduction.

If you are producing music or just a listener, I highly recommend these headphones.

You will hear all music in a new light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 26 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)
I didn't realise just how awful my old headphones were until I tried these.
The sound quality is superb and the noise cancellation is excellent for the price! A very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice for the price, 25 Jan. 2008
A. Reale - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)
the price is great, i didn't really want to spend that much on a set of headphones so i read up on them first, the price is great and they sound great. other reviews talk about the bass and i too notice the bass, i also noticed the volume level, you wont need them to go any higher any time soon unless you want an ear bleed.

I listen to lots of music and it was a joy to go through my collection and test the headphones - the only problem with that though was i ended up listening to each song for the entire song... for the money and the quality, i don't think you can complain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear sound and no moans, 4 Jan. 2008
Alexander (Consett, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)
I've used Panasonic headphones for years...open backed cos I couldn't find a closed set in a decent price range and suffered a great deal of twisting from my nearest and dearest [we share differing tastes in music].
Read the reviews on here after reading the reviews and am absolutely delighted and half the price of Panasonics open backed!
Even better no complaints off the other half about 'leakage'
Other points:
Nice snug fit
Deep bass crystal clear sound

One very delighted user.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality sound, 19 April 2008
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)
Just got these and I was amazed at the sound - wouldn't expect anything less from Sennheiser. Crystal-clear, crisp sound, superb bass...

One word of caution though with this model: You may not notice from the photo, but they are not adjustable and, depending on your head size, you might find them a bit tight - at least to start with. But they are pretty light, so they don't really hurt - unless, I suppose, they're worn for hours and hours on end.

Overall, great headphones!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am listening to them now - big smile on my face!!, 12 April 2008
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)
I have read and read and searched forums high and low for a good set of reasonably priced headphones. I wanted them mainly for late night gaming & TV. I spent a tenner on some lightweight philips - they're OK but I knew I was missing out.

My research led me to the eh150's and boy am I glad I bought them. The bass, clarity and the visual field is stunning - feels like you've got £100 cans on. They do fit tight but to be honest not many closed headphones feel much better (I've got a big head and big ears).

You just want to keep putting them on and chucking more sound their way and letting them just keep hitting you with the most amazing reproduction - Sounds you didn't even know were there!

ADD to basket - simple as that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great depth of sound, 2 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Sennheiser eH150 Evolution Closed Headphone (Electronics)
I enjoyed listening to classical, rock and jazz on these headphones. The quality sounded as good as my old Wharfedale DD1 headphones but the EH150 is much lighter and more compact as well as being relatively less costly.
THe eH150s were comfortable for wearing over a 60min period. The lead is long and I think I prefer the system of using an extention lead instead.
How do they look? - I do n't really care - I need reliable, good quality headphones which do not cost the earth and these fit the bill. I don't require ear drum bursting performance but the EH150's were enjoyable and faithful to the music played.
Sennheiser have put a great deal of their know how behind the production and allied this with mass manufacture.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›