5.0 out of 5 stars Good Mix of Comedy and Drama, 15 Oct 2010
M. L. P. (Shrewsbury, Ma) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fat Friends: Series 1 [DVD][2000] (DVD)
I purchased "Fat Friends: series 1" because two of the lead actors, James Corden and Ruth Jones wrote and along with Alison Steadman, starred in "Gavin and Stacey" a series I thoroughly enjoyed. This series offers a good mix of comedy and drama that I am sure will please most viewers. The stories have substance and are well written; the characters have depth and reveal their vulnerability as the narrative unfolds. Each episode stands alone as the slimming club members deal with their hopes, failings and emotions. I highly recommend this series and I am looking forward to series two and three. I hope series four; if and when it is released on DVD will be sold as a single season and not as part of a four season group. I think most of us are sick of dealing with this obvious stunt to increase sales at our expense.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY ENJOYABLE, 19 Mar 2012
Really very funny when it eventually arrived - huge delay with overseas shipper. I have ordered and received 2/3 - not from overseas shipper and am sure they will be just as entertaining.

Fat Friends: Series 1 [DVD][2000]
Fat Friends: Series 1 [DVD][2000] by Alison Steadman (DVD - 2005)
24.95