5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, especially for Audio
I strugged for a while to find a brand of CD that I could use for creating audio compilations (from iTunes on my Mac) that could play well in the somewhat dodgy CD changer in my Fiat. These TDK CD-Rs hit the mark consistentley and with value-for-money.
Published on 17 April 2006 by Superleccy

2.0 out of 5 stars Used CD's In The Pack
The third CD-R in the pack failed to record. When I looked at it there were fingerprints all over it, and they were not mine. I put it in the DVD-Rom and pressed play, some dreadful music came out of my speakers. I cannot tell how many of the 50 cd's have been used but it's not right, is it?
And why am I not allowed to contact the seller through the Amazon site?
Published on 18 April 2011 by shortfatgeezer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, especially for Audio, 17 April 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CDRs from TDK, 13 Mar 2008
F. Gu "Alpha" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been using these CDRs for a long time, they're in great quality. It is easy to burn the disks as well as to read them. Highly recommend for those who want to burn music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistently successful, 7 Sep 2010
K. Becken (Melton Mowbray, UK) - See all my reviews
TDK disks work in my old PC every time, for data and for audio, and can be played back on the PC, and on my decent 'separate' CD player, and other CD players. I've found other makes very iffy, ASDA's own brand only work 50% of the time. So I'm sticking with TDK for blank CD and DVDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Reviews!, 4 Jun 2008
If you want a cheap, reliable set of CDRs, and don't mind the fact that they don't have individual cases, then look no further. With this set you get 25 disks for, at the moment, 5 quid. Unlike disks from other manufacturers, these do not become corrupted halfway through the burning process, or fail on 97%. They are compatible with any burner, and play without problems. Each disk is 700Mb, meaning about 80 minutes of music, or if you burn as a data cd many more albums and lots of your best pictures can be stored. The recording process is quick, and the final product is exactly as you want it to be. The only problem is that the disk is a blue colour making it difficult to write on, but this is a minor gripe. The cakebox is easy to store, although i prefer individual cases which do take up more space in your house. Of course, you can buy sets with cases, but for those of you who don't mind, this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable for all kinds of data., 19 Nov 2006
C Tang - See all my reviews
I have used these TDK CD-R's for a while now and I can confidently say that they're reliable for all kinds of data whether they're used for documents, videos, music or disc images (ISO's).

In response to "Mike's" review, I used these discs to create my own music compliations and not a single one of them faulted, I used them in all kinds of players from computers, DVD players, CD Walkmans and even my own car stereo and they all played immaculately. TDK discs are rarely poor quality, so I would believe it's either down to the software he used or his CD burner is not working as it should do. I always use Nero 6 Ultra Edition to burn my music CD's using 4-5 different CD burners (Lite-On, Sony, LG etc.) and they always work, no tea coasters yet! I highly suggest before burning anything on CD/DVD, make sure you get all the latest updates for both your CD-Rewriter and your burning software (Early batches of Nero 7 had problems burning music) for stress-free burning. Also don't do intense computing while burning a disc to ensure high success rate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a single coaster in two years!, 18 July 2008
Once you find a CD-R that's compatible with your system, then stick with it. I've been using these regularly for a couple of years now, and find them to be reliable with my HP laptop, old Toshiba laptop and my HP desktop.

I had a batch of Maxell and Phillips blank discs, and for whatever reasons, (incompatibility with my system?)- about 70% of them would eject in the middle of burning. So for now I'm sticking with TDK, and at 20 pence per disc, I won't cry if I accidentally make a coaster!

5.0 out of 5 stars TDK CDR-80 52x 25pc Cakebox, 15 May 2011
Great quality and well priced item. No problem with the discs, as expected but even the case (cakebox) is surprisingly sturdy. Great value, perfect for putting some of your favourite MP3 tracks onto CD. Used in this manner each CD would hold about 80 minutes worth of MP3 audio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work for me, but it's horses for courses., 17 April 2007
Well, these work perfectly every time for me, for both data and music. Never had a coaster. I use an iBook G4, and burn with OS X, Toast and iTunes. I've had trouble with some other brands.

However, on my last computer (a homebrew PC with an old Ricoh combo-drive), it wouldn't take to TDK discs at all.

Selecting a brand of CD-R seems not to be an exact science. Once you've found a brand that works with your machine, stick with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Used CD's In The Pack, 18 April 2011
And why am I not allowed to contact the seller through the Amazon site?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 11 Jan 2014
Robin P. Barton "muziko" (Teignmouth, Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TDK T18770 52x CDR-80 50 Piece Cakebox (Accessory)
I am busily tranferring many of my ancient LPs to CD, so of course I need these very reliable blanks.