5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and smooth
I bought this album before, because of Michaels wonderful voice, which is husky and smooth at the same time.
I had to buy it twice, because of the extra cd here. The second cd is the mini-album with Christmas songs that was released last year but got out of print.
Published on 16 Jan 2005 by Mark Coel

3.0 out of 5 stars File under Easy Listening
I bought this album in high expectation having heard a track played by Michael Parkinson on his radio show, and you can usually rely on the man's taste. However, on this occasion, and having listened to the whole CD several times, I am left slightly disappointed.
Michael Buble can certainly sing, of that there is no doubt, and, yes, a youthful Frank Sinatra (from the...
Published on 16 Dec 2003 by Mr. R. B. Ager

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and smooth, 16 Jan 2005
This review is from: Michael Buble [Special Edition with Bonus CD] (Audio CD)
Michaels rendition of some timeless christmas classics is as flawless as the other songs on the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Buble's voice will make you swoon!, 10 April 2003
This review is from: Michael Buble (Audio CD)
After listening to music samples from Michael Buble's self titled, debut album a couple of weeks ago, I just HAD to have it! I instantly fell in love with his voice, even though I'd never heard of him before. His voice is so smooth and romantic, along the lines of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. This album really swings, and every song is brilliantly performed. I think even "Old Blue Eyes" himself would have been impressed!
Michael Buble (pronounced Boo-blay) grew up listening to the music of Frank, Dean, Paul Anka, and singers of that genre. This 25 year old Canadian has even put a touch of swing into Van Morrison's "Moondance" and George Michael's "Kissing A Fool".
I urge young and old alike to buy this superb album. You'll be glad you did!

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUSIC lover's dream come true a treasure!, 14 Nov 2003
Sinthia (New York & London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Buble (Audio CD)
This c.d. stirred emotions in me that can't be described. I found myself near tears during some songs - Buble evokes such passion and feeling, and on other songs he had me literally dancing and feeling as light as a feather. He will move you too.
I'm certain that George Michael must approve of the fabulous job done by Buble of Kissing a Fool. Likewise so would Lou Rawls for the splendid rendition of You'll never find another love - and the list goes on and on and climaxes with Barry Gibbs of the BeeGees backing up Buble on the best take of How can you mend a broken heart ever ever ever done.....
Buy it, listen to it - this c.d. will move you. It is that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Buble's voice will bowl you over!!!, 21 April 2003
This review is from: Michael Buble (Audio CD)
I am really impressed with this debut CD by major new talent, Michael Buble! After listening to the music clips, I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT!!! This 25 year old Canadian really knows how to swing, and has a voice that easily rivals that of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bobby Darin and Co. Michael's love of this type of music is apparent as he sings with such feeling and vitality, and has a charisma all of his own. Michael also puts his stamp on Van Morrison's "Moondance", George Michael's "Kissing A Fool" and Stevie Wonder's "For Once In My Life". I might even go as far as saying that Michael's versions are even better! Other gems are the Bee Gees hit "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart", with Barry Gibb providing background vocals, and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", originally sung by Queen's Freddy Mercury.
Another wonderful thing about this album is the superb orchestra, which plays with just as much energy and enthusiasm as Michael. I urge young and old alike to buy this CD - you'll be glad you did! As for me, I love this album so much, that I hope it won't be long before Michael records another!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - what a voice - makes me melt!, 21 April 2005
This review is from: Michael Buble [Special Edition with Bonus CD] (Audio CD)
WOW - this man has it all! What a voice, charm and charisma he has - just makes me melt! I can listen to his albums over and over again! This one is such good value for money - it is truly fantastic - bought it for my Mum originally and just had to get it myself, now with the bonus CD too - WOW! If you like this album then his new CD 'It's Time' is a must! Its just heaven to my ears - those beautiful tones of Michaels voice - takes you to another time and place with a mixture of old and new tracks, it will be hard to beat this one - brill! GET BOTH NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars the sounds of music greatness........, 12 Oct 2003
This review is from: Michael Buble (Audio CD)
With all the hype about him, I wasn't sure if Buble could live up to his billing. Now, I'm sure! I purchased the album and it plays over and over and over.....
I had the great fortune to see his live show here in London and his performance was nothing short of phenomenal. Personality, looks and of course that magical voice. If I were only younger!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for Bublé!, 13 Jun 2007
AMG - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Michael Buble (Audio CD)
This is the debut album from Canadian singer Michael Buble.
It lasts 49 minutes in total, and has 13 songs:
1. FEVER.
Buble's cover of Peggy lee's cover of Little Willie John's song {!}
The song begins with a double bass {always a good sign!} then builds into a big band stomper! 10/10.
2. MOONDANCE.
Buble's version of Van Morrisons 70's hit.
Possibly the best song on the album. The music alone is fabulous, Buble's vocals make it even better! 10/10.
3. KISSING A FOOL.
Buble's cover of George Michaels song.
Great use of the piano 9/10.
4. FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE.
Buble's version of Stevie Wonders song. Slower than his version, but equally as good {if not better!} 10/10.
5. HOW CAN YOU MEND A BROKEN HEART.
Buble's cover of The Bee Gees hit - 8/10.
6. SUMMER WIND.
Buble's version of Frank Sinatra's song.
This song reminds me of MACK THE KNIFE, great saxophone solo - 9/10.
7. YOULL NEVER FIND A LOVE LIKE MINE.
Buble's cover of the song first sung by Lou Rawls.
It has an aura of a James Bond song about it! good backing vocals - 9/10.
8. CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE.
Buble's version of the Queen song.
Its fab & totally different to the original - 10/10.
9. PUT YOUR HEAD ON MY SHOULDER.
Buble's cover of Paul Ankas song.
Romantic & tender, a totally relaxing song - 10/10.
10. SWAY.
Buble's version of the Dean Martin song.
Sensational! 10/10.
11. THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT.
Buble's superb cover of the Frank Sinatra song - 10/10.
12. COME FLY WITH ME.
Buble's version of the Frank Sinatra song.
Buble was born to sing this song - 10/10.
13. THATS ALL.
Buble's cover of the Frank Sinatra song.
Sexy! 10/10.

I bought this album after hearing Torvill and Dean dance to Buble's version of MOONDANCE on ITV 1. The song was stuck in my head for days!

If you or someone you know adores the big band sound, or you're just a fan of great music, then this album is for you.
Buble makes all the songs on this album his own, and even people who are'nt fond of the Rat Pack sound will undoubtedly be converted!

A perfect valentines day / anniversary gift,

Utterly fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, a showcase of irresistable songs., 10 Nov 2004
Belinda T. (Brussels, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Buble (Audio CD)
Passion for song is a wonderful thing and Mr. Buble has it.
Tone, phrasing and an irresistable perfect pitched voice describe what Mr. Buble emits. Seldom anymore can you hear greatness in a voice, but this man has it.
Thirteen songs covering decades of music showcase this man's vocal stylings. Truly enjoyable from first note to last.
In particular Moondance, Sway and the Way you Looked Tonight were exemplary examples of the Buble gift we can all share.

5.0 out of 5 stars truly enjoyable, 16 Nov 2003
Mildred D. (Philidelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Buble (Audio CD)
If you like easylistening music, this is the one for you. I got it as a gift recently and am enamoured by this young boys' work.
I won't divulge my age, but lets say I've heard many voices in my years, and this is perhaps the purest yet. Buy,enjoy like I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely swinging Buble, 16 Oct 2003
matthew p gill (birmingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Buble (Audio CD)
At last, the world of music has been waiting for this for along time and now it has arrived, a real successor to Sinatra. Michael Buble is what I call a real swing/easy listening artist. I have grown up listening to the greats and I have been waiting to hear some one new for a long time, this is great it has something for every one slow ballads and swing out songs, a real gem for any serious jazz/swing fan. If you want to know what makes a star, then listen to this, and if you want to know what talent is then this is your man. What I like about this album and many more like it is that it is not hijacked by the popular music culture, Jazz/Swing is in a world of its own and Michael is most defiantly from that world, Buy this today and I can guarantee you will never want to listen to any other type of music again. Simply supermergantroid.

ARRAY(0x104ff0c0)

Michael Buble [Special Edition with Bonus CD]
Michael Buble [Special Edition with Bonus CD] by Michael Bublé (Audio CD - 2004)