4.0 out of 5 stars Acoustic
I feel I have to stick up for this album a little bit, I really like it and find it a great addition to both my John Lennon collection and my music collection in general.
Published on 7 Nov 2005 by Rich Milligan

3.0 out of 5 stars Imagine all the people, scraping the barrel's bottom
I have to declare an interest - I am a Beatles/Lennon fanatic, so in truth I'd buy anything Yoko chooses to release.
However, I wonder who this is targeted at? Most of this stuff is widely available on bootlegs, and despite the blurb, the studio wizardry does little to improve the sound, but rather changes it with phasing and echo.
The inlay material is a bit...
Published on 2 Nov 2004 by Tim the Blue Meanie

4.0 out of 5 stars Acoustic, 7 Nov 2005
Rich Milligan (Thatcham, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acoustic (Audio CD)
The album is a collection of well-known Lennon songs recorded either from live venues, recording studio rehearsals or home recordings. This gives a new angle of classics such as Imagine, Love and Watching the Wheels but it’s also a great opportunity to revisit those little know album tracks like “My Mummy’s Dead”
It’s an easy accusation to claim that the album has only been released as a money spinning idea and I dare say that there is an element of this about the package. But that said it’s still a fine album and for those who haven’t littered their collections with bootleg versions then it makes a fine addition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lennon Acoustic, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Acoustic (Audio CD)
An entertaining little curio show-casing John Lennon 'un-plugged'. The sources of material are diverse but it's worth a listen because John Lennon always is worth a listen, and his voice and the persona that comes through his voice and his music and words will always make him interesting. If you're looking for 'off the beaten track' material from the John Lennon solo years you will enjoy this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Imagine all the people, scraping the barrel's bottom, 2 Nov 2004
Tim the Blue Meanie (Newtownards, Co Down) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acoustic (Audio CD)
The inlay material is a bit naff too - lyrics sprinkled with guitar chords, and chord tabs for the beginner! There are some nice pics though.
In its favour, this CD shows how strong Lennon's songwriting was, as without exception, the songs sound good in the simple acoustic setting.
In summary, one for the fans, probably not for the casual listener who quite liked Lennon Legend. But let's face it, the man was a genius, sadly missed, and maybe we should be grateful for any scraps of new material that Yoko chooses to put out - I know I am.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lennon in the rough., 7 July 2012
P. Noe (Fort Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acoustic (Audio CD)
My wife and I very much enjoy listening to this recording, warts and all!! :)

Being lifelong John Lennon fans we have collected a sizable selection of his music.
This is an excellent addition for a couple of reasons:
1.) The rawness and intimacy of the recordings allow a glimpse further into the soul of this amazing artist. John never ceases to inspire in word, deed, and expression. He was never capable of being anything less that straight-arrow true to himself.
2.) Being a musician myself, I just love to find recordings of my favorite artists hammering away without regard to how a playback might sound -- or even if they were being recorded at all. Also, with these tunes I feel like I'm experiencing the early development and refinement of songs that the world has since come to cherish.

As far as CD quality, well, it's as good as the music will allow it to be and that's fine with me.

I stop just shy of the 5-star rating for one reason only: I can't stand Yoko's music, I'm sorry. I love her, especially for the way she has remained true to the legacy she and her husband created. Her sound is just too avante-gard for me. I appreciate her for it - just can't stand to hear it. :-)

Don't want to end this review on a negative, though. I love this CD. I'm sure you will too!!!

Thanks,
pnoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought this years ago!, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Acoustic (Audio CD)
Added to my collection and something I should have acquired some time ago. The album has fantastic content to add to a collection, was delivered very quickly and in great condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage material., 4 April 2014
This review is from: Acoustic (Audio CD)
Very special to hear how fragile John seemed to be; not a very confident person at all. Surprising. Great to add to my Beatle collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars lennon at his best., 20 Nov 2014
This review is from: Acoustic (Audio CD)
Love this cd. Lennons voice is truly remarkable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Booklet - Scrappy CD, 10 Dec 2004
This review is from: Acoustic (Audio CD)
The little CD booklet that comes with this CD is wonderful. Not just listings and a few details but lyrics to all the songs with the guitar chords shown as well. The pictures are rare and unusual and well done.
The CD on the other hand is a rag bag of different quality recordings and different acoustic textures. Perhaps it's the way Lennon plays his acoustic knowing it would likely end up an electric part. Individually the tracks are mastered fine but as a CD listening experience it's unpleasant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good CD, but not good quality, 10 May 2005
This review is from: Acoustic (Audio CD)
The John Lennon's Acoustic is a good cd. Every Lennon fan should have one, because is a great mix of hits of the boss.
The quality of this cd isnt good, there are songs recordered in studio without prepare them, and sometimes, if you listen a lot of times, probably you can say: no more, break to my ears... but, still, is a good CD with the real-John Lennon singing.

Acoustic
Acoustic by John Lennon (Audio CD - 2004)