on 27 September 2008
Bought this for a two yr old girl but the 5yr old boy got great fun out of it also. Instructions were the easiest instructions to follow out of any build yourself item i have ever bought. every piece had a number and it slotted in to its equal. i put all furniture together in one hour and i must admit i thoroughly enjoyed it. i deducted 1 star for the simple fact that you need glue although this was not stated on the seller description. a small piece of sandpaper comes with it to take of rough edges so perfect considering little hands are playing with it. press doors open and close and makes item more enjoyable to play with. you can also paint them but do buy good quality paints, item looks good natural aswell. do buy as the kids have gotten hours of enjoyment and i have gotten hours of peace.all in all with the exception of needing glue item is brilliant.
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2011
I bought this to go along with a Sylvanian Families cottage for my 5yr old daughter, as the price for the official furniture is somewhat steep.
The set comes as 4 3mm x 235mm x 375mm sheets of plywood and each furniture component is of the push out type. Supplied was the worlds smallest square of sandpaper to smooth away any sharp edges and these were few and far between.
The instructions were "sparse" to put it mildly...each part is drawn on a plan matching those on the plywood and numbered...if two pieces have the same number, then they fit together basically.
The way in which the furniture was designed to fit together was a brilliant idea in my opinion...all push fit and almost every piece can be put together without the need for glue.
I would so far as to say that they could be used as toys, with a little care. I doubt they'd last very long with prolonged periods of being thrown about and certainly would not survive being stamped on by size 6 feet, although, how many of todays toys would? :P
Most of the parts fit together perfectly, but I think I'll be taking my dremel to some of them over the coming days to "tweak" a few bits...all the more fun for me :)
All in all, I would buy again without reservation. As a rough guide to the size of the furniture, each piece looks to be in proportion with each other and I measured the double bed at 87mm L x 75mm W x 48mm H (at the top of the headboard) in case anyone wondered.
on 9 June 2009
these are great. fun to construct (like a jigsaw puzzle!) and pretty durable i guess if you glue them. you don't need glue for most as they slot together pretty firmly.

only gripe is they are not 1/12 scale and it should point that out. these are too small for regular dolls houses, and are nearer 1/24 scale which is teeny. they don't fit with the wooden pintoy style dolls.

so good if you buy the fantasy villa or another small scale house.
on 8 March 2012
Exactly what we needed to go in a very small doll's house made from a kit bought at our local charity shop.
The furniture is great for the price - tiny, plentiful and not too difficult to put together once you've sorted which pieces belong to which item (would be easier if, on the instruction sheet, a line was drawn round the pieces of each item rather than having them numbered).
We glued all the pieces together as we assembled so the furniture is now very sturdy. Next project is to paint everything and make little cushions etc.
At that price my two grandsons (3 and 6) can play with the furniture when they come to stay without us worrying about it being damaged.
Clever designs - I particularly like the wash basin and the toilet.
on 22 January 2013
This product is great although you can see why it is only £9.99! It just comes as sheets of wood. My husband is a joiner so it is all pretty simple to him but it did take him and my daughter about 5 hours in total to create. Also on top of that you have to paint the product else it is very bland.:/ It doesnt fit sylvanian families in it very well if you were wondering. My daughter has thoroughly enjoyed using the furniture so I do recomend the product!
on 11 August 2014
Great set! I got it for my kids to go with their playmobil people. Fits nicely. The bathtub is a little too narrow for the adults and without modification the rocking chair will tip over when one of them sit in it. The chairs are a tight fit, but still fit. It's a product well worth the money and a lot of fun. Fun to assemble and the directions are easy enough to follow. My 4 year old helped with the easier stuff like the chairs and tables, and enjoyed it. When it was time to put together the bookcase and stove he lost his patience and left the room. If you're not a crafty person and don't have any time and energy for crafts, this is probably not for you - just spend the extra money and buy the playmobil furniture or whatever people you're gonna use this for, but I enjoyed putting it together and seeing the different kinds of furniture come together.
Now my son loves playing with it.
on 20 March 2013
I will rate this as it is - you get a LOT but very cheap quality. All items break easily, wood chips and those that you manage to put together dismantle very easy if played with.
If you only want these as models, that never get played with and stay on the shelve that is fine.
This set has no play value - anyone will get annoyed because you touch it once and it goes to pieces.
We glued some items and they lasted the longest but again, if you play with it the wood breaks.
This is not good for dolls house. Certainly not good for Sylvanian families, as the furniture (chairs) is too small for the figures.
If you have older child or like constructing things it might entertain you for good 3-4 hours. To me it became an annoyance after 45 mins because most of the items are countless number of chairs or tables.
on 8 April 2014
As with a lot of these type of models i have had to cut out the pieces with a craft knife i bought this to go with the fantasy villa which looks nothing like the photo with 5mm - 10mm spaces at the corners and some pieces just would not fit together, i had to recut quite a bit of the model, and the furnature was no different the shapes are press cut but the press did not penetrate all the way through the board so hence the knife. Yes it will pass lots of hours puting it together but those hour are fustrating after the first one. Would not recommend for anyone you can't trust with a very sharp knife or with a low attention span.
Did you know that in Canada. You must not drag a dead horse down Yonge Street on a Sunday.
on 1 January 2016
cant upload a pic right now as my phone died however il try do this shortly in near future.
this was a nightmare for me I did this for a friends birthday put them all together. with things this intricate there needs to be more accurate angles and cutting of wood. also again like all quay needs better instructions. I manaed it after hours and hours to build it all some were so badly cut they wouldn't stand up tso not too pleased about it. they are cute but not best quality ive seen. pay for what you get I guess. I wood glued it all once ach was done to hold it all together a youll abs need wood glue they don't stay together. would like to see better wood cut improvements with the quay kits the kits are great priced just could do with some improvements.
on 6 February 2015
Really good, would definitely recommend. I've had do much fun building, painting, decorating and making then pretty. However they haven't been in my little 5year old sisters doll house yet so don't know how they will hold up 😊
review image