on 6 January 2010
Excellent product for young people who like to build objects following instructions. Very educational as encourages children to read (the instructions)and provides an end product.
on 4 August 2014
I can't rate this low enough! Having attempted this with my 9 year old son, the only emotion we experienced was utter frustration! The "instructions" outdo the worst flat pack furniture you've ever had the misfortune to come across! "Using picture overleaf as a guide, assemble pieces" state the most minimalist instructions I've ever encountered! They show a picture of the finished model, and a plan of the two wooden sheets supplied, with numbers marked at various points on the plan. You have to scan it carefully to find the pieces you need, many of which are complex shapes littered with numbers offering you the "clues" as to how to assemble the model. You assemble it in number order. This necessitates trial and error, because you have NO idea for example which end of a cross-fitting piece goes at the front or back of the model, because the picture only shows the finished model! No exploded diagrams! So you progress, then have to pull the pieces apart again when you've realised you've guessed wrongly! Oh what fun this ISN'T!
As usual, I checked the reviews before buying this. I cannot believe the other reviewers actually had fun, and I'm amazed they found the stamina to complete the model. Me and my son had to give up after number 11 (there are over 90) before one of us went completely up the wall. Thank goodness I didn't decide to buy this for a surprise Xmas stocking filler! It should be labelled "Construction Puzzle"!
If you value your sanity, AVOID!
on 20 January 2010
I bought this for my 9 year old son who loves these kits. End result is brilliant.
on 6 January 2014
Got the jeep for my son at xmas, he is 13. You get sheets of wood with pre cut shapes, then a sheet of paper with all those shapes marked with numbers, then you start, no 1 locks into no 1, no 2 in to no 2 etc. I have to say this is one of the harder ones and it had us stumped a few times, frustrated YES, but we was determined to see it through. He loves to build things like this but did need us helping/guiding but that was great at this age to have that quality time. Be careful how you pop the pieces out a few had not been cut exact and we needed a small screwdriver just to ease them out. 3 hours later tah dah the jeep was complete, it looks fantastic and my son was so chuffed he had made it, a few times he did say it was silly with no instructions but I told him to be logical and think it through, which he did. It was a great lesson to stick to something and have an achievement at the end. Well worth a fiver :)
on 7 May 2014
I was sick of my boyfriend playing the Play station, so I introduced him to these models. He loves them but i regret it now because now my house is FULL of models! They are great fun and give a 29 year old hours of fun so how do you think kids would react? lol
on 10 December 2013
I brought this item as a Christmas present or my brother who enjoys numerous construction sets. He already has the Apache helicopter and I'm sure that this jeep with its good detail and design will go with the helicopter nicely.
on 12 May 2013
I have purchaesed several of these models for my grandchildren. I always end up having to be involved in tghe construction and have yet to complete one before loosing interest or the will to live. They are a great idea and the quality is good (parts easily extracted from a pre-cut piece of thin wood). However the major drawback is the very poor instructions. I will not buy any more of these. The manufacturers should invest in producing a good instruction leaflet - not a major task and would surely revolutionise this product.
on 8 January 2016
No instructions and as there are quite a few pieces in this set its pretty much impossible for a child to build it. Our son has built a snake one before as it was quite easy compared to this one. I have been trying to build this but not getting very far. Even looked at the online instructions but to be hinest they didnt help at all.
on 27 December 2012
Not all the parts fit together but overall you can genrally finish the car/plane/boat or whatever you get. Once it's done it's not really much use as the parts aren't labelled. With that in mind it can be a bit difficult to rebuild if taken apart. Not sure many kids would do that but who knows.
on 29 August 2013
First class for the hobbyist. He really enjoyed making it and it gave him an idea of what hobby he wants to do now. He's down the shed with his wood, playing and keeping him out of my way. Cheers. June.