4.0 out of 5 stars American motorcycle
Published on 5 Oct 2011 by Mr. W. Stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Too Difficult!
Like the last reviewer, we found this too difficult to assemble - a pity because we love the Woodcraft range of toys generally. But on this one the instructions were too difficult to follow. (The point we lost it was when we got to the piece that is numbered 41,35,36,42,34,39 and 33 - we couldn't work out where it was meant to go!)
Published on 10 April 2009 by Richard B. Swede

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars American motorcycle, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: American Motorcycle - Woodcraft Construction Kit (Toy)
This is the tenth kit of this type I have assembled and definitely the most testing. The kits are "rustic" by nature, adding a pleasing finished effect but the instructions leave something to be desired. My main complaint, on this one in particular,is that there is only one picture of the finished product. The motorcycle is pictured from one side, giving no guidance for the other. Material is light by necessity but adequate, parts are well cut with instructions to match same numbers also adequate but sub assemblies can present problems. The parts generally fit well together but if not glued have a tendency to fall apart again. This is what it is, a relatively inexpensive bit of fun, testing concentration. When finished, it is rewarding but is not a toy that children could play with.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Too Difficult!, 10 April 2009
Richard B. Swede "Richard" (London UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Cruiser class, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: American Motorcycle - Woodcraft Construction Kit (Toy)
Tricky to fathom out, satisfying to build, great to look at, doesn't corner.
not for beginners, but good fun ta.

1.0 out of 5 stars No good, 2 Jan 2009
V. Medcalf "Vicky" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Motorcycle - Woodcraft Construction Kit (Toy)
Bought this item and it is so hard to put together. I have tried on my own and with my Dad ( who loves making things ) and we cant do it. I think it is a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I will be back this Christmas!, 30 Jun 2014
C. Wiltshire "iClaire" (England, Bristol) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Motorcycle - Woodcraft Construction Kit (Toy)
Such a great gift for those who like to build and create. I ordered the motorcycle and it came as two flat pieces of plywood with all of the individual parts laser cut for you to just 'push out'.

Quick delivery and great choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Rider, 29 April 2014
This review is from: American Motorcycle - Woodcraft Construction Kit (Toy)
Love this Bike! Absolutely brilliant. When assembling, needs a spot of wood glue here and there( i used miniature 25mm Rolsen'G' clamps while curing on the wheels) and a few tweaks with a fine needle file finished off with your own very fine sandpaper. I rounded the 'tyres' off . All in all well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: American Motorcycle - Woodcraft Construction Kit (Toy)
Good fun to make me and my son did this together I find institutions on these a bit confusing so would be perfect for an older child or younger child with parents help and it means you can spend time with child aswell so bonus

4.0 out of 5 stars American Motorcycle, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: American Motorcycle - Woodcraft Construction Kit (Toy)
Bought as a Christmas present for my dad, as he enjoys fixing and making things. He found it challenging to put together especially as you only get a photo of one side of it (I'm not convinced a 9 year old could manage it, definitely not alone), and had to use glue for some of it. He got there with perseverance (and some frustration) though, and the finished product looks good!

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good model for 8-12 year olds, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: American Motorcycle - Woodcraft Construction Kit (Toy)
My grandson in Australia is mad on motorbikes and these models were ideal as an extra Christmas Present. I bought four, two planes and two motorbikes for the two boys to share and build together. they did have a little help from their father but the end result was very pleasing for them all. they were also very easy for me to send via post.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very challenging but great fun!!!!!, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: American Motorcycle - Woodcraft Construction Kit (Toy)
This was a Christmas gift for my husband and 11 year old daughter (they both like making things eg. Lego). They have both made other things from Quay before but I think this was the most difficult and took the longest (2 days with lots of breaks). Everything fitted well together but I would recommend glueing the wheels on. Looks great when completed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›