4.0 out of 5 stars The Final Roundup
There has been much lamenting about the fact that the transfer of the final season of LIS is less sharp then hoped for - and, in truth, this IS the case with this set. Certain of the episodes are a bit more blurred than we'd hoped for. However, if you first saw these stories during their initial run in the late sixties, I don't think you'll find too much to grumble about...
Published on 10 Aug. 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Eccellent Stories spoilt by poor Picture Quality
I am about half way through this third season and have found the stories,performances and production values are as good if not better than the two previous sets ..in other words this third season is great !....but the bad news and the reason I havent given this set the 5 stars it should have is that the picture is a bit below standard ..its not as good as the previous...
Published on 4 May 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by previous reviewers, 24 July 2006
T. Bregliano (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
Ok the quality of the transfer might not be ideal but it did not disturb me one bit. In fact I did not notice much difference between the previous series and this one. Off course, I was taken away once more in the wacky world of LIS and I loved it.
No way I would be without this third series and if you have any nostalgia left in you and if you enjoyed the first two series, please do not hesitate and buy it now. You will not regret it.

By the time the third series was filmed, the producers and the whole team had given up completely any idea of realism and the whole thing is pure madness... A joy!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars FOX Should reissue this with better quality, 19 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
Believe everything you have heard about the bad picture quality on this release. in a direct comparison with the Australian VHS releases of a few years ago the image on these DVDs is painfull to witness. the australian VHS tapes are sharper, clearer and have better colour saturation and balance.
these dvds look like they have been mastered from bad quality LP recorded VHS, thats how bad they are
lets hope FOX does the decent thing and orders a recall and a new pressing
in short: AVOID

5.0 out of 5 stars Affirmative Will Robinson, 10 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
Ok I went against all the reviewers here saying that the quality of the third season is really poor and went ahead a bought it and guess what...there is absolutly nothing wrong with it whatsoever! The only thing I noticed on a few of the frames in one episode, there is a faint line running from top too bottom that is clearly on the original footage and it really dosen't spoil the viewing. The transfers are fine. Consider that it was made in 67/68 on 35mm stock the actual quality is superb. So if you have been put off by previous reviewers, ignore them and go for it if you are a fan,(even if your not). I found the third series easly the best of all of then, having said that all the series have something to offer. But they really expanded it by the third, greater production values and what a suprise to hear the 'new' intro music ( I had forgotten) This is so worthy of 5 stars, go bye before they are gone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost In Space 3, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
A great TV Series that I remember from the late sixties when I was growing up This is a classic with the characters DR Smith and young Robinson....

True memories, it is dated but maybe that is also part of the appeal to watch this and other series that was on TV at that time when we grew up .....

Well worth adding to your classic TV Collection

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor picture quality lets set down, 15 Feb. 2006
Liam Oxford (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
I snapped up the first two series as soon as they became availiable, but have only now purchased season three. I've read all about the poor picture quality issues and I'm afraid to say the comments are true. BUT, we should I suppose, be grateful to get any sort of DVD release, and I feel it is unlikely that Fox will issue a new season three set, I could be wrong, but I dont think so. I'm still waiting patiently for other Irwin Allen releases (Time tunnel, Land of the Giants, etc) so I will just have to make do with this realease.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the purchase, 5 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
This item completes the set.
I considered the other reviews but as I like the series went ahead and purchased it.
It isn't up to the standard of the previous two season sets as it does appear very slightly out of focus at times, it is however still watchable and entertaining.
Worth purchasing but dont expect crystal clear picture quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY BAD QUALITY, 13 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
I had already read about the negative comments regarding the bad quality and out of focus pictures of season 3. However, being a long time fan I couldn't resist the temptation and finally bought it. I bitterly admit that all commentators were right and the video quality of season 3 is worse than many VHS recordings from the local TV sources. Images are so compressed and out of focus that it's simply impossible to distinguish between actors' faces when they are standing in the background. Colours look unnatural and add more strain on eyes already tired from the blurry pictures. For fans like me who enjoy watching "Lost in Space" at any cost there is no choice except buying this low quality edition and put up with it. Those fans who care about quality (and their eyes), should abstain from purchasing this release and remember that it just takes the gilt off the gingerbread!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
Just as I remembered it fantastic entertainment for all the family. Even my wife who watches soaps thought it was entertaining to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost in Space., 24 Mar. 2013
Mr. A. J. Dandy (Southport, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
Quite simply a must for any Lost In Space afficienado. Great production and perfect for a nostalgic trip down Memory Lane.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun and campy , yet still a good wotch., 3 July 2012
Michael Dobey (colorado springs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] (DVD)
I always enjoyed this show ,even the really campy season 2 in which they are stuck on the same planet. That season was pure camp, this one is alot better as the crew takes off from the planet and actually travels around in space. There's some really good episodes in here and some totally camp ones. But this show is still a winner for little kids all the way. And for the big kids like me who enjoy the general fun atmosphere of the show. I can't recommend this for fans of serious sci fi but if you let your funnybone go wild you may just enjoy this campfest. This season is loads better than season two in so many ways it's hard to write them all down. They add a escape pod, they have varied adventures, and are not stuck on the same old planet. That doesn't mean this is babylon five, nope this is a kids show and that's fine because it's a fun kids show. I would say that the first season though is good sci fi fun and that's why I would rate that one even higher than this one. BUt I have them all, and your kids will love this show. I watched this so many times as a kid that I knew every episode by heart. The dvd's look ok here and that's a good thing.

Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967]
Lost In Space: Season 3 [DVD] [1967] by Ezra Stone (DVD - 2005)