Format: DVD|Change

on 24 July 2006
Ok the quality of the transfer might not be ideal but it did not disturb me one bit. In fact I did not notice much difference between the previous series and this one. Off course, I was taken away once more in the wacky world of LIS and I loved it.
No way I would be without this third series and if you have any nostalgia left in you and if you enjoyed the first two series, please do not hesitate and buy it now. You will not regret it.

By the time the third series was filmed, the producers and the whole team had given up completely any idea of realism and the whole thing is pure madness... A joy!!!
on 19 August 2005
Believe everything you have heard about the bad picture quality on this release. in a direct comparison with the Australian VHS releases of a few years ago the image on these DVDs is painfull to witness. the australian VHS tapes are sharper, clearer and have better colour saturation and balance.
these dvds look like they have been mastered from bad quality LP recorded VHS, thats how bad they are
lets hope FOX does the decent thing and orders a recall and a new pressing
in short: AVOID
on 10 November 2008
Ok I went against all the reviewers here saying that the quality of the third season is really poor and went ahead a bought it and guess what...there is absolutly nothing wrong with it whatsoever! The only thing I noticed on a few of the frames in one episode, there is a faint line running from top too bottom that is clearly on the original footage and it really dosen't spoil the viewing. The transfers are fine. Consider that it was made in 67/68 on 35mm stock the actual quality is superb. So if you have been put off by previous reviewers, ignore them and go for it if you are a fan,(even if your not). I found the third series easly the best of all of then, having said that all the series have something to offer. But they really expanded it by the third, greater production values and what a suprise to hear the 'new' intro music ( I had forgotten) This is so worthy of 5 stars, go bye before they are gone!!
55 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2013
A great TV Series that I remember from the late sixties when I was growing up This is a classic with the characters DR Smith and young Robinson....

True memories, it is dated but maybe that is also part of the appeal to watch this and other series that was on TV at that time when we grew up .....

Well worth adding to your classic TV Collection
on 15 February 2006
I snapped up the first two series as soon as they became availiable, but have only now purchased season three. I've read all about the poor picture quality issues and I'm afraid to say the comments are true. BUT, we should I suppose, be grateful to get any sort of DVD release, and I feel it is unlikely that Fox will issue a new season three set, I could be wrong, but I dont think so. I'm still waiting patiently for other Irwin Allen releases (Time tunnel, Land of the Giants, etc) so I will just have to make do with this realease.
on 5 March 2013
This item completes the set.
I considered the other reviews but as I like the series went ahead and purchased it.
It isn't up to the standard of the previous two season sets as it does appear very slightly out of focus at times, it is however still watchable and entertaining.
Worth purchasing but dont expect crystal clear picture quality.
on 2 March 2016
Great stories forming the basis for the Star Trek series but spoiled by the sexism throughout. The three females usually play little or no part each episode or a very subservient one every time they speak. It's all about the three males.
on 13 August 2005
I had already read about the negative comments regarding the bad quality and out of focus pictures of season 3. However, being a long time fan I couldn't resist the temptation and finally bought it. I bitterly admit that all commentators were right and the video quality of season 3 is worse than many VHS recordings from the local TV sources. Images are so compressed and out of focus that it's simply impossible to distinguish between actors' faces when they are standing in the background. Colours look unnatural and add more strain on eyes already tired from the blurry pictures. For fans like me who enjoy watching "Lost in Space" at any cost there is no choice except buying this low quality edition and put up with it. Those fans who care about quality (and their eyes), should abstain from purchasing this release and remember that it just takes the gilt off the gingerbread!
on 19 February 2014
Just as I remembered it fantastic entertainment for all the family. Even my wife who watches soaps thought it was entertaining to watch.
on 5 February 2016
Like all the lost in space series if you loved them when they first came out youll love them again with these box sets ! Recommended !