5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my new Casio CDP-100 Digital Piano
This sustain pedal is high quality and weighty. As a consequence, it does not slide around on our tiled floors. But I have also put a small wedge of non slip rubber mat underneath which is a bit belt and braces of me!!

I have left the protective plastic on the pedal to protect it against wear - and dust doesn't show up so much on plastic!!

The...
Published on 20 Mar 2012 by Terry How

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great
Bought this to replace the cheap plastic sustain pedal that came with my digital piano.

Published 20 months ago by howietr

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my new Casio CDP-100 Digital Piano, 20 Mar 2012
Terry How "Terry" (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)

The pedal is not heavy to depress as has been commented in an earlier review. The pressure needed to depress this pedal is on a par with acoustic pianos and my very expensive Roland digital piano. So it feels like the real deal.

There is a switch on the bottom of this device. Don't know what that's all about. I just plugged the pedal in to the Casio and it worked. Sorry, can't be doing with reading all those instructions - and from my experience, you don't have to.

Oh yes, and the delivery time and delivery service to me here in Spain was superb. Thank you Amazon and MRW.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says it does!, 18 May 2009
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)
It's well built and quite heavy. Doesn't slide about as much as some other pedals due to rubber base. Polarity switch is useful depending on what type of keyboard you're controlling.
For me the spring is a little too strong so it requires quite a heavy foot, so I give it 4/5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sustain The Midi World!, 9 Mar 2009
Kenneth Daniels "Ken" (London-Ish, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)
The SP2 Is great product. 20 for a simple on off sustain pedal that is durable, responsive and has an 'invert' switch underneath which was a nice suprise.

Great product as usual M-Audio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 Sep 2009
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)
I bought this to replace my old "footswitch" style pedal which skidded all over the floor and stopped working after a few years. I have high hopes for this one though, the pedal itself it heavy and combined with the rubber on the bottom it stays firmly anchored to the floor (wood carpet or stone I might add). The pedal isn't hard to press down, (wouldn't that defeat the object?) but then this isn't really an issue. Would you ever sit down to the most amazing grand piano in the world and refuse to play it because you thought the pedals were a little stiff? To sum it up, keyboard pedals like this will never be able to recreate the mechanical motion you get from a real one attached to a real piano but for the money and build quality this is one definitely the next best thing. If you're after sustained notes, look no further. And even if you're not, buy one anyway! It makes all the difference. ^^

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)

It had a really annoying knocking sound whenever you released the pedel. Having taken off the cover and spent ages unsuccessfully trying to work out what was causing it, i found that by putting some felt spacers between the plastic cover and the metal floor plate, it seems to have stopped. Not ideal. Also as others have mentioned, it is fairly stiffly sprung, so you do get lower leg fatigue after playing for an hour or so.

It's better than the plastic thing I had before, but it isn't great. I'm going to live with it for a while, but will probably look for something else to replace it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good VFM option, 14 May 2009
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)
I bought this to replace an old Ensoniq synth-type sustain pedals - you know, one of those horrible square ones with a squishy feel to them. It's mainly to use on my Yamaha electric piano and so far I am very pleased. It works well and was a reasonable price compared to Yamaha's own model and similar ones by Roland. There are cheaper alternatives but this had good reviews and I am pleased I went to the middle ground. Hopefully it will last ages - it looks sturdy enough - and continue to get loads of use. I half wish I had spent a bit more and got a M-Audio E.Piano to go with it but wishes don't dry dishes, or something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)
Nice pedal, nice response. Good tension. The polarity switch is an extra bonus! At that price, would totally recommend (I've more than 20 years experience with keyboards).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 17 Jun 2011
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)
This pedal is fantastic! Very good quality and doesn't slip on the floor. The chrome part comes with a plastic protector which I kept on to not get any scratched on it and it still works brilliantly. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 4 April 2011
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)
This pedal is spot on. I've nothing else to compare it with, but it feels exactly like my piano sustain pedal. It has a reassuring weight to keep it anchored, and just the right degree of resistance. It has a quality finish too, so you won't be embarrassed by the look of it.

Why Yamaha needs to charge almost double the price for their own branded pedal I haven't a clue.

Buy it with confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than top branded!, 5 April 2014
This review is from: M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal (Electronics)
I can honestly approve this sustain pedal against my Yamaha FC4 sustain pedal, as I now have both to compare.

This M-Audio SP-2 Pedal is half the price of FC4, and has slightly better grip on wooden floor. Don't get me wrong, both are top quality but why one should be twice the price when they both look, feel and operate the same. This M-Audio sustain pedal is stiffer than the FC4 when pressing, but you can get used to that.Overall I am very impressed with this brand. I almost purchased another FC4 but glad I hesitated to opt for this M-Audio pedal. I use both pedals with Yamaha Tyros 4 and 5 workstations, and have no problem.

This pedal was delivered quick and very well securely packaged. I research many reviews before making a final decision on any purchase, this is certainly one the best buys!

M-Audio SP-2 Piano Sustain Pedal